Avo Lifestyle Challenge... Post pictures of your avo meals here!!!

Options

Replies

• scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Oh try it carol! It's just an old Sunset magazine recommendation. Great with a lot of different winter meals.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Ohhhhh.... I have a grapefruit!!
  • scolaris
    Options
    Tonight: grass fed burgers with muenster, sautéed mushrooms, bacon & avocado... Yum!!hva3ic53jq29.jpeg
  • cherrera0309
    cherrera0309 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    e7tbrryf4782.jpeg

Breakfast -egg, cheese and some bacon cooked in an avocado half.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I love avocados, but I developed an allergy to them in my late twenties. It's so awful :(
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Oh how I envy all of you... I love avocados but I live in a place where a single smallish avocado costs at least 5 dollars...
  • scolaris
    Options
    Wowza! That brekkie avo is a thing of beauty...
    So sorry to hear that ladies. Allergies are the worst. And $5 per avo is too dear.
    This week even Whole Paycheck has them $5 for 5 fruits.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    You really love avocados
  • oldsoul918
    oldsoul918 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I've made these a few times. They're so good! The last couple times I made them I didn't stuff the mixture back in the avocado, I just baked it in a casserole type dish. Still so delicious! Here's the recipe: http://www.taylormadebytaylorbee.com/2013/05/spicy-chicken-spinach-tomato-stuffed.html

hypxc9hziod3.jpg
  • scolaris
    Options
    Wow! That's looks great!
  • scolaris
    Options
    Yes, I will cop to really loving avocados.
  • scolaris
    Options
    Basic tonight: guacamole. I just use salt, pepper, lime juice & finely minced onion with cilantro. I like it studded with radish slices. For crockpot carnitas street tacos.
    e1tr7ikzfbjh.jpeg
  • happyhealthyandglutenfree
    happyhealthyandglutenfree Posts: 3 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I didn't like avocados much before this challenge, but I'm always looking for ways to try and introduce new foods to my diet especially ones that are so good for me like avocados are. So I've taken this challenge as an opportunity to explore lots of new avocado recipes. These double chocolate avocado cookies are my favorite so far!!

• scolaris
    Options
    Cool! I've never baked an avo into a dessert before. You're brave!!
  • ddavenport63
    ddavenport63 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    im realy in a dilema here because i love avacados but they are so high in fat / calories that i dont have them too often but you guys all seem to be having loads of them , they would use up so many of your daily caloriesn am i missing something ???
  • JimCHartley
    JimCHartley Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If I log a meal from my recipes that includes avocados, shouldn't that count towards my total for the challenge?

I really like the idea of the challenge feature but I am encountering so many glitches and MFP isn't getting back to me.
  • ddavenport63
    ddavenport63 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    thanx happycampr that explains it and makes more sense now ☺
  • scolaris
    Options
    That's how it's working for me Jim. Are you enrolled in the challenge? If so, it's pretty automatic. Also, check your entry's spelling; on the boards there was a lady not getting credit because 'avocado' was spelled differently...

ddavenport, I eat between about 1650-2000 cals a day because I stay pretty active. Even so, a 'serving' for me usually means just 1/3-1/4 of the whole fruit. Not much at all. And as long as the fats are healthy & intrinsic (not added) I don't bother with my fat totals. Carby days are lower fat; fatty days have lower carbs. On a weekly basis it averages out!
  • brendmoran
    brendmoran Posts: 11 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    My favourite breakfast
  • scolaris
    Options
    Looks great!
    Yesterday was avo free for me. We were on the road, driving to the southern Oregon cascades.
    Tonight we're having another great salad at our cabin: bronze butter lettuce with Pt Reyes Farmhouse blue cheese, fresh pomegranate arils, & an avocado... Doesn't it look pretty and festive for the holiday season? Love it! I'll just dress this with a little olive oil & balsamic right before we sit down to eat.
    mjrzldn0bwh6.jpeg