Impatient weight loss

Options
2»

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    OP you need to reset your expectations fairly quickly...now that you have the water weight out of the way, it is unlikely that weight loss will be high each week going forward.

If you have a lot of weight to lose a reasonable weight loss per week is about 1lb to 2lb...some people lose more some people less.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    You've done AMAZINGLY WELL! :)

I completely understand the frustrations regarding weight loss and impatience. I get it. We all do. And for the record, I don't think you're whining - I think you're having normal, human reactions to the idea. It can seem really daunting especially in your mind you have a lot to lose so try and break your goals into smaller increments. Aim for something realistic like 5lbs a month and you'll eventually come to enjoy hitting your mini targets.

Good luck and keep doing what you're doing!
  • joeyzuraski
    joeyzuraski Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've lost that much in the far beginning. One week was 10 pounds hammering it on the elliptical machine and focusing hard on my dieting correctly.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Big early losses include a lot of water.
    And impatient dieters tend to end up even larger.
    Try to just 'be here now' as the hippies used to say.
  • marsh5224
    marsh5224 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »
    2.5 years and 116 pounds lost.

BUT...during that time I have...figured out what triggers my binges and learned how to avoid them, learned how to eat in a healthy balanced way, learned to love exercise, inspired many people in my life to take better care of themselves, learned how to really take care of myself, gotten off my blood pressure medicine and many many other things...

If I had just lost the weight quickly and not learned so much, I would just put the weight back on. I know from experience because I have done that twice.

Take your time, learn about yourself and make real changes so you won't ever have to do this work again.

• marsh5224
    marsh5224 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    marsh5224 wrote: »
    bri170lb wrote: »
    2.5 years and 116 pounds lost.

BUT...during that time I have...figured out what triggers my binges and learned how to avoid them, learned how to eat in a healthy balanced way, learned to love exercise, inspired many people in my life to take better care of themselves, learned how to really take care of myself, gotten off my blood pressure medicine and many many other things...

If I had just lost the weight quickly and not learned so much, I would just put the weight back on. I know from experience because I have done that twice.

Take your time, learn about yourself and make real changes so you won't ever have to do this work again.

Love this!!

Learning yourself is just as important as losing the pounds!!
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    It takes time to create new habits. Keep that in mind and you'll be fine. When the goal is large sometimes it helps to break it down into smaller goals to keep from being overwhelmed and remember that every pound lost gets you to a healthier place!
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    You've done AMAZINGLY WELL! :)

I completely understand the frustrations regarding weight loss and impatience. I get it. We all do. And for the record, I don't think you're whining - I think you're having normal, human reactions to the idea. It can seem really daunting especially in your mind you have a lot to lose so try and break your goals into smaller increments. Aim for something realistic like 5lbs a month and you'll eventually come to enjoy hitting your mini targets.

Good luck and keep doing what you're doing!

This ^^

If you're feeling impatient and overwhelmed by the amount you have to lose ... well, in comparison, I've only lost 6 pounds in the last two months and I've another 50 to go. Yes, the thought of how long this is going to take to reach my goal drives me nuts if I dwell on it. So for now I'm just thinking of the first stone (14 lbs).