Is it ok for grown men to play Video Games ?

2»

Replies

• brillmer87
    brillmer87 Posts: 1,977 Member
    i really really hope it is.. otherwise im in big trouble lol
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Sure! My boyfriend plays games every day. Sometimes I even play them with him. LOL He quit playing Dance Central with me, though, because he never wins. And I only randomly play RockBand or Guitar Hero because I suck. LOL
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Yes, and grown women as well. :P lmao. Play them, not let them take over your whole life, mind. Husband wants Fallout 4, but to play it he will need a new game system. I need to see if I will get a Christmas bonus this year. If I do, I will buy him the game system. If not, he will have to save up for it. As for me I am more of a PC games point and click adventure/puzzle game player. The good old days of that are past tho. :( That was the nineties. Every once in a while I still find a good one.
  • sw33tp3a15
    sw33tp3a15 Posts: 1,674 Member
    I'm not a man but I'm a grown woman who plays video games so if I'm allowed I'm pretty sure men are too!
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    gothchiq wrote: »
    Yes, and grown women as well. :P lmao. Play them, not let them take over your whole life, mind. Husband wants Fallout 4, but to play it he will need a new game system. I need to see if I will get a Christmas bonus this year. If I do, I will buy him the game system. If not, he will have to save up for it. As for me I am more of a PC games point and click adventure/puzzle game player. The good old days of that are past tho. :( That was the nineties. Every once in a while I still find a good one.

My boyfriend and I are looking at buying a house and we'll need double systems for everything because I want an exercise room and will need the XBox 360 and XBox One for my Dance games, and he wants an entertainment/gameroom for him and his friends. LOL
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    It is ok? Sure. But I don't/won't date "gamers." I have in the past and I can't count how many times I heard "just one more level." By the time that level came, it was an hour later and I just wanted to go home. I have no interest in a grown man who plays video games for hours upon hours a day. I was never allowed to have a video game system as a kid and now as an adult, I have zero interest in them at all.
  • Creiddylad1
    Creiddylad1 Posts: 266 Member
    Pretty sure most of us gamers, (and yes most of us are adults) wonder why is would be "wrong" for anyone be they a guy or girl to enjoy playing video games.
    Most of us can balance work, life, find time to work out and still have time to go fight dragons or do raids or kill zombies as a way to relax.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    It is ok? Sure. But I don't/won't date "gamers." I have in the past and I can't count how many times I heard "just one more level." By the time that level came, it was an hour later and I just wanted to go home. I have no interest in a grown man who plays video games for hours upon hours a day. I was never allowed to have a video game system as a kid and now as an adult, I have zero interest in them at all.

How does every thread turn into past dating experiences for you? LOL
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member

How does every thread turn into past dating experiences for you? LOL

I've dated a lot.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    As long as someone can still take care of their responsibilities and somewhat participate in every day life why does it matter how they choose to spend their time?
  • PCOS2Fit4Me
    PCOS2Fit4Me Posts: 8 Member
    I feel as long as you don't neglect your family and responsibilities (work, home chores, etc) then it is fine. I'm a 35 yr old female who has been playing since my dad introduced me to a Atari. I play for about an hour a night (M-F), weekends it's 2-4 hours but only after family time and the spouse & kids have gone to bed. There are even times when my daughter & I would play together on games like COD & Halo.
  • kelsey_frame_666
    kelsey_frame_666 Posts: 37 Member
    Yes, but in moderation lol
  • Kmj102
    Kmj102 Posts: 57 Member
    Im an adult with a family and my own home, I play some evenings and weekends. I work full time as a Corrections officer, my wife works full time and our kids are in sports. If you can't balance your life as an adult, then playing video games should be the last you do. Playing games is a stress reliever for me and im sure for others as well.
  • knr87
    knr87 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Sure why not?
  • KrazyLeeLee
    KrazyLeeLee Posts: 2,885 Member
    Uh yeah I'm playin one now with my wifey
  • skahtboi
    skahtboi Posts: 7,804 Member
    edited October 2016
    I don't even think this is a legit question. Of course it is okay for grown folk to play video games. My PS4 is a go to entertainment system. No reason it shouldn't be. I know plenty of people who are gamers. Think of it like this, video games have simply replaced the board games and card games of our parents. Everyone likes to play games. Young and old. Video games are just the modern take on that.

Speaking of which, anybody gotten No Man's Sky yet? :D
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Well.. I'm a grown woman and I play video games..