Before & After: 25 years and 30 lbs later (w/pics)

Options
bjohs
bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
Kind of freaked out by sharing the fat pic, but if it keeps anyone from giving up... it is worth it! I've shared a few After photos, but not a Before photo (out of sheer embarrassment). The photo labeled "December 2009: 157 lbs" was the final straw. My youngest child was 2 1/2 years old at the time and I couldn't keep using the baby weight as an excuse anymore. One look at this pic and I knew it was time to do something about my weight. I was uncomfortable in my own skin and I missed the confidence I had when I was younger.

beforeafter_02.jpg

In January 2010, I started working on changing my lifestyle. Having been a former athlete, I knew what kind of commitment it would take to get back in shape. I stuck with it through all of the frustrations, plateaus and weigh fluctuations. Within 7 months, I was down 24 pounds. It took another 9 months to lose the other 6 pounds, bringing the total weight lost to 30 pounds! I have 3 pounds to go to reach my personal goal of 124.0. I believe this is a comfortable weight for me which is well within a healthy BMI range. It is also not so low that it would be impossible to maintain. More importantly, I feel great and have the energy to keep up with my kids again!

I'm a 5'2", 43 year old wife and mother of two. I run a business from home and am working on two new business ventures. I found the time to take care of myself. If I can do it... so can you!!! It may have taken a year and a half... but that seems like a short amount of time looking back at it now. My baby just turned 4 today and I can proudly say that I'm no longer sporting the baby weight. :)

DSC_5411_2.jpg

Replies

• sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    awesome congrads!! I love before and after pics.
  • 512cheangela
    512cheangela Posts: 133
    Options
    You look fabulous!
  • SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Looking fantastic - congratulations.
    Don't worry about the before, your journey (and from what it looks like, lot of hard work) brought you here.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Great job!!
  • bridge703
    bridge703 Posts: 44
    Options
    Great Job!! You are living proof that hard work pays off. Enjoy it!
  • starlytt
    starlytt Posts: 5
    Options
    Congratulations on the loss! You look amazing!
  • paigemang♥
    paigemang♥ Posts: 102
    Options
    congrats!!!! Motivating!! Thanks :)
  • new_me_9_67
    new_me_9_67 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Awesome job
  • avg1986
    avg1986 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Wow you look really good and would never have said you were 43!!
  • valerie_neuharth
    valerie_neuharth Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    way to go! you look great!
  • tomorrowisnotpromised
    tomorrowisnotpromised Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT!!! Good job:)
  • hjsyndrome
    hjsyndrome Posts: 215
    Options
    WOW, how motiving is that. You did a great job. congrats
  • ileana84
    ileana84 Posts: 163
    Options
    that's amazing. you have done such a great job.
  • hislight
    hislight Posts: 15
    Options
    Girl you look AMAZING!!! I thought you were going to say that you were like 33 or something like that! That's Fantastic!! Way to Go!!! Thanks so much for the inspiration. I've been overweight for too many years now & I know I can do it too! I have NO excuses, No husband, NO kids, & just recently I COULD have said No job, BUT thank the Lord that I HAVE that now!! LOL Thanks again for taking the time to share!!
  • onlyrobey1
    onlyrobey1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    You look freakin' fantastic!
  • lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I agree: you look fabulous and about ten years younger than your actual age!! Congratulations! Hard work *does* pay off!:flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • PHAT198
    PHAT198 Posts: 1
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!!! :-)
  • amarie35
    amarie35 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    You look STUNNING!

That is a great transformation! Congrats on your weight loss.

3 pounds away from your goal.....WOW! I'm SO proud and happy for you! :bigsmile:
  • Cam_
    Cam_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Great job! Congrats!
  • darkheart
    darkheart Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and gorgeous! Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!