What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    jenmovies wrote: »
    A trainer at my gym said I had to go up in weights because I am "so strong". It was just up to a 12kg kettlebell but it made me feel like Hulk. Amazing what a little comment can do. I then went on to do the best I have so far in 6 weeks of strength classes.

I love when that happens. :)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    After 2 months of inactivity due to a severe injury, I am still maintaining my weight with a 1 lb gain, which is still under the low end of my goal. (Not that I'm happy about the inactivity. lol)
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    As a pear with thundertighs I have always had a love hate relationships with the cow position in yoga. No matter what I tried I could never sit on both sitbones in that postion, nor have both feet in a horizontal line away from each other. Other than the technicalities/inabilities I actually find the position quite nice and relaxing.
    Yesterday for the first time I managed to do the cow postion correctly in every aspect, even my yoga teacher commented on it afterward. So happy!
  • joyThegymmonster777
    Options
    the dimples one is great!

Some of my favorite NSVs include seeing back dimples that i didnt even know i can have, people assuming I'm my aunts daughter because we look so much alike now. Actually having a bite of food/sweets and being able to process thought and say "umm you know what ..this taste like crap" and THROW IT AWAY. never did in my life ever! plus it was with ice cream cake so yeah. omg.
    Friends and family giving me complaints on how skinny I look. That never gets old.
    Seeing how my healthy lifestyle has effected the people I live with, my brother started working out and my mom is joining weight watchers.
  • MeadowsBing
    MeadowsBing Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I had my first nsv yesterday - I was upstairs looking for something to wear and for some reason decided to try on a couple of tops that became too tight about 4 years ago - one of them fitted me perfectly :) I am by no means anywhere near my goal, i have a long way to go, but this is the first I have seen ANY difference in myself - 17lbs down and starting to feel good
  • kellellie
    kellellie Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I had my first nsv yesterday - I was upstairs looking for something to wear and for some reason decided to try on a couple of tops that became too tight about 4 years ago - one of them fitted me perfectly :) I am by no means anywhere near my goal, i have a long way to go, but this is the first I have seen ANY difference in myself - 17lbs down and starting to feel good

Ack, that's the best isn't it!? I bought a t shirt from an art show last winter and it said it was an XL (hah, maybe in baby sizes) and it was so tight that it rolled up from the bottom when I tried it on lol. I loved the shirt, so I kept it, and forgot about it. Until a month or two ago, when I tried it on and finally fits. Congrats to you, that'll keep happening as you go on and it never gets old.
  • BakerAcer
    BakerAcer Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've been biking for a couple months; on Monday, I did my longest ride ever...43 miles and I was able to ride another 20 Tuesday. I thought my knees would be too sore. Crushin' it!
  • tkphotogirl
    tkphotogirl Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Going to sum up this NSV as 'navigating through life without flailing' :)

I have only spent on average a couple of evenings a week at home for the last six weeks (mostly extra work) and have been winging it with food choices.
    I had a five and a half week hiatus from food logging & weighing myself (the first week was circumstantial, the rest was out of curiosity to see how I handled it).
    I had all my camera gear stolen on Halloween in the middle of a tour and my insurance hasn't covered it (£4.5k loss) - previously something like that coupled with the nights drawing in (I am rubbish at autumn/winter) would have triggered *weeks* of mindless/comfort eating, but I seem to have got past that.
    The net 'damage' from all of the above has been half a pound, and I'm not even sure that's not holding onto water from eating a lot of salty food over the last few days.

This started at a point where I'd dealt with the 'health' poundage and was on the verge of looking at the 'vanity' poundage. I feel like I've got through the most potentially stressful bit of the year and had a bit of a rest and a reset, so feeling pretty happy about that!

• cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Going to sum up this NSV as 'navigating through life without flailing' :)

I have only spent on average a couple of evenings a week at home for the last six weeks (mostly extra work) and have been winging it with food choices.
    I had a five and a half week hiatus from food logging & weighing myself (the first week was circumstantial, the rest was out of curiosity to see how I handled it).
    I had all my camera gear stolen on Halloween in the middle of a tour and my insurance hasn't covered it (£4.5k loss) - previously something like that coupled with the nights drawing in (I am rubbish at autumn/winter) would have triggered *weeks* of mindless/comfort eating, but I seem to have got past that.
    The net 'damage' from all of the above has been half a pound, and I'm not even sure that's not holding onto water from eating a lot of salty food over the last few days.

This started at a point where I'd dealt with the 'health' poundage and was on the verge of looking at the 'vanity' poundage. I feel like I've got through the most potentially stressful bit of the year and had a bit of a rest and a reset, so feeling pretty happy about that!
    Congratulations, that is amazing!

• PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I just dropped my grandson off at school when a teacher stopped me on my way out and told me....wait for it....that I was pretty. My jawed dropped and I think I skipped to my car. I am still in shock but I ain't gonna lie...it feels good.
  • lalangela
    lalangela Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I was able to do a strict press today that was my old push press one rep max. So, I'll take it!
  • natajane
    natajane Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    My NSV I that I'm getting really good at saying NO finally!

No to cake, No to fancy coffees, No to buffets, No to not meal planning, No to not prepping, No to not exercising.

I'm like a "no" machine!!
  • PMB0404
    PMB0404 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    When I went for a mammogram last week, they gave me the regular sized gown....NOT the one for bigger women! I didn't even ask for it, she just gave it to me :)
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    It always feels good when others notice our hard work!
    PMB0404 wrote: »
    When I went for a mammogram last week, they gave me the regular sized gown....NOT the one for bigger women! I didn't even ask for it, she just gave it to me :)

• slinke2014
    slinke2014 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I have had a LOT of family and work drama going on and usually that would lead me to comfort eating and drinking. I am not letting that happen any more and I noticed I am always happiest during the day when I am at the gym right now. it seems just about the only time I can truly get away from all the stress.

I also noticed that when I put my feet together that there is a space between my legs starting at mid thigh all the way to my toes!! I don't even know when the last time that happened.....college maybe 10 years ago!

• IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I needed to stop a uti fast and naturally so I went over my calories doing it. I didn't freak out about it. I just accepted it was necessary for health and wallet and can deal with the damage later. I thought I would beat myself up over it or something, but no. I'm actually pretty proud of myself for how I handled it.
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    A few months back I started to fall off the wagon. I gained a few pounds and inches back. I started getting back on track a few weeks ago and I'm happy to say not only are the inches and pounds gained back, lost, I'm actually 2lbs less!
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    Options
    This morning I completed my 400th workout since returning to fitness March 2014. I've also lifted somewhere over 10 Million pounds.
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    This is a follow-up to something that happened yesterday. Today, when I got back from my jog, my husband was making hamburgers (again). He was eating the first one because he "hadn't weighed that one." He had my scale out and had already weighed a burger for me and was waiting for me to get home to make sure I wanted one. Two days in a row!!
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Fitting into slim fit straight pants that I've never been able to. Was pretty awesome.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!