Least favourite exercise you do regularly?

Options
What's everyone's least favourite thing that you do regularly at the gym (not least favourite that you avoid)? I have horrible shoulder/t spine mobility from years of over practicing flute so I detest and suck at overhead press but I still do it because I know how important it is

Replies

• yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Weight training, most of the time. But always pleased with myself after I get it done.
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Cardio, I hate it but I love it. I can't explain the relationship I have with cardio
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Running. Bench press is a close second.
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Running. I hate running but it's what makes me feel the best after.

Push-ups are second.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Ab isolation work.... I never directly train abs. I. Just. Cant.
  • GemimaFitzTed
    GemimaFitzTed Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Burpees, lunges and pushups.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    Ab isolation work.... I never directly train abs. I. Just. Cant.

I can't either but for me it'a painful because I have Crohn's disease and my intestines are chronically inflamed.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Push-ups. I'm terrible at them and I have a really hard time doing them with good form.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    There's a few yoga postures I don't like but do them anyway.

Once the weather forces me to get cardio at the gym, that will be the least favorite thing I do there. I love it outside; not so much inside.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I stopped overhead press. It's not that important and was ruining my shoulders for swimming and running.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    step ups
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,861 Member
    Options
    Probably my least favourite exercise that I do regularly is ... climbing stairs.

I love cycling and walking.
    I enjoy weightlifting ... it is one of the few things that gives me an adrenaline rush.

But climbing stairs isn't exactly inspiring. However, I do a minimum of 25 flights a day 5 days a week, and it has made a difference.
  • paulmaxsom
    paulmaxsom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Waking up...
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    It would have to be Over Head Press for me too. I started adding bulgarian split squats back in. Last year I told myself I'd never do another again but I want a nice butt so...I'm trying to make them regular. I really don't like leg curls either but always try to do them one way or another.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    I am not a big fan of running but once I talk myself into it Um committed. In the gym I force myself to do leg curls. Still not really sure why.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Anything bicep. But ... balance. So I grit my teeth and get it done.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    JenAndSome wrote: »
    I am not a big fan of running but once I talk myself into it Um committed. In the gym I force myself to do leg curls. Still not really sure why.

They stink, right? My program has me doing them twice per week but I only manage once and do Good Mornings the other time instead. I have no idea if that is a good substitute. I hope.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Anything involving running/sprints ever though it's on my schedule five days a week.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Squats.
  • minniestar55
    minniestar55 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I go to a bootcamp-style fitness class 3x per week. Not fond at all of the burpees/lingers/jumping stuff, but I get it done. I do have to modify the jumping & shoulder stuff (injuries) but you gotta do what you gotta do.