Replies

• lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    congratulations on a job well done
  • jesguinn
    jesguinn Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Outstanding! It's amazing the difference nearly one year of hard work and steadfast commitment can make! Such an inspiring story and you look fantastic. Congratulations!!!
  • DogRiverDude
    DogRiverDude Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    You look great! Bravo, can't believe the change in only 10 months! What a way to inspire us all!

Hey thanks! To be honest, "I" can't believe it either! I just stuck with the plan and well... it just happened!
  • soldiergrl_101
    soldiergrl_101 Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing, what an accomplishment! 230-180 has been hard for me I cant imagine 290lbs
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    mcxnarf wrote: »
    Congrats! Great job! You are an inspiration! I know I am on the right track after reading your story!

Thank you and that's GREAT to hear! And I wasn't perfect... I had my own bumps along the way. A 9-pound gain while in Vegas that took 10 days to lose to get back to my pre-Vegas weight. Getting back on track quickly is the key, then stretching those good days into weeks.
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    jbaker436 wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing your story. You've done a great job and it shows in your pictures and outlook. Here's to continued success and maintenance for you. Thanks for the encouragement and inspiration. :)

It's my pleasure 'jbaker'! I just want you, anyone reading to know that weight loss goals are possible. And, depending on discipline, can be reached on your timetable. Thank you for the kind words :-)
  • rkit03
    rkit03 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Your story is so inspiring! I've been back-tracking and settling into old bad routines of overeating and not exercising. So much so that I gained everything back. I started turning it around in November, but reading this really gives me renewed determination to be more dedicated with my efforts. Thanks!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Awesome thread. Really well done.
  • Suhrah623
    Suhrah623 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Congrats! What an awesome story :)
  • fitExploror
    fitExploror Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This made my day. Congrats on your fit journey
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Wow!! You look fantastic! Great job!!

Thank you Whitney! Best wishes with your own goal... before you know it you'll be back into the clothes you like!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Wowa wow, congratulations !!! And ... You now look so much younger !!

I certainly FEEL younger Orchidee... I'm not sure about looking younger; but thank you for your kind words!
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Wow, I can't believe how much younger you look in your pics.
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    4aces61 wrote: »
    Amazing accomplishment. You should be very proud! Congrats on your success. You look great

Thank your Bernie! Same to you... wow incredible accomplishment yourself. You look tremendously fit!!
  • missjanetleigh
    missjanetleigh Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your new life, you look amazing!!! I can very much relate to having to put ourselves out there, it's not easy when you wanna just hide within. You have beautiful daughters and now this new lease on life is going to be worth every part of the journey you have been on! Would love to follow your journey so please add me if you would like. Thank you so much for sharing your story and be the very inspiration we all need. So happy for you! :)
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Great effort! You absolutely look like a different person!

BTW - you are not bragging. We need testimonials of people such as yourself who have been tested and came through on the other end. I am going to bookmark this page simply to come back and look at what you have accomplished to encourage myself to stop wasting time and get on with it. You lost more in two months than I have and all because you stayed committed. And that is the key word: Commitment.

I so wanted to attend my firm Christmas party which is next week with at least 20 lbs lost and I have failed. But I have not given up and reading your journey has helped me redirect my purpose and commitment. So thanks for sharing YOU!

Thank you so much. And yes... you've nailed it with "Commitment". Sorry if I'm beginning to repeat myself but during my time on MFP I've been very committed; strict with the food I ate along with precise quantities weighing everything to the nearest gram, all while trying to balance nutrition. When I mentioned "jumping in with both feet" in my original post, I was referring to exactly that --> commitment, dedication. That's all it really takes I think. And it does get easier, kind of habit forming after a few weeks.

Even though you missed your Christmas goal, the fact that you're not giving up means that you haven't failed! Failure is when you give up, throw in the towel. Nobody ever truly fails with weight loss; there's always today, always tomorrow, always something that can be done about it.

Good luck and we'll see YOU on the 'other end' :-)
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    kgb6days wrote: »
    Great job and you look fabulous! Congratulations and thank you for putting yourself out there and sharing your story.

Awe, thank you! I wouldn't be here if I wasn't pushed by a dear MFP friend. I'd be so glad if I could inspire others.
  • sungoddess337
    sungoddess337 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Thanks for sharing this. I have tried really hard and lost 93 lbs in one year but fell off the wagon,gained 30 back and have thought a lot. I have been gearing up to make a permanent change and your post was just exactly what I needed to hear. I got back on track just this morning. Very inspiring.
  • monarque23
    monarque23 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!
    This is really inspiring :-)

• ewhip17
    ewhip17 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Love it! Nice work. Had to laugh at the "smiling on the outside" comment on one of your pics - I've got a few of those.. haha.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!