When you find out how many calories are in your favorite meal...

Options
13»

Replies

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    Dinner at Montana's was a true shocker...my beloved Peppercorn steak, with sweet potatoes and creamy garlic dip, weighs in at over 800 CALS....550 for the steak alone!! Whenever I set my reports to 90 days, can you ever see the huge spike! Needless to say, we don't go out to eat very often anymore...lol! Lesson learned!
  • oskaribarra82
    oskaribarra82 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Chorizo fiesta omelette @ ihop it's delicious but I use to eat the whole meal with about 2,250 calories bot counting the drink cause I'd change it every time .... It's my second week trying to control myself .... Reeeeaaaally hard man !!!
  • Tblackdogs
    Tblackdogs Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    What I think when reading this thread is how lucky we are to live with such food quantity. I also think that no one needs that many calories at one sitting! I'm hoping to live the rest of my life enjoying restaurants but not leaving them stuffed and feeling "guilty!"
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Where do I start? Pecan Pie, Ice Cream Cake (or premium ice creams such as Haagan Dazs in general), Chinese food, and Crab Cakes (I'm from Maryland and could easily eat a ton of these in a sitting)!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Nothing really surprised me very much. But after reading a few things here and there I think I still refuse to believe how many calories are in spicy sushi rolls. In the back of my head I know it though, and rarely order them anymore.
  • Strivingforhealth12
    Options
    I was so sad when I found out the calorie count in a Chick Fil A milkshake. I love their Peppermint Chocolate Chip Shake in December. Now I split a small one with my husband.
  • Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I will say that despite my earlier post, I still eat at both restaurants. I'm 9 or so weeks into eating at a deficit, but I still allow myself some leeway.

I definitely eat out less, but I'm down 19 pounds even with a few days at maintenance or more.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Nothing really surprised me very much. But after reading a few things here and there I think I still refuse to believe how many calories are in spicy sushi rolls. In the back of my head I know it though, and rarely order them anymore.

Realistically how many calories in a spicy sushi roll? My favorite is the jalapeno roll. It has rice, spicy crab, tuna, eel, avacado, jalapeno... I know the spicy crab is made mayo. I always log specialty rolls at 400 calories each. I'm a way under estimating?
  • arditarose
    Options
    zdyb23456 wrote: »

Realistically how many calories in a spicy sushi roll? My favorite is the jalapeno roll. It has rice, spicy crab, tuna, eel, avacado, jalapeno... I know the spicy crab is made mayo. I always log specialty rolls at 400 calories each. I'm a way under estimating?

The avocado adds a bit, and of course the mayo. I'm not sure. 400 seems alright but I eat 4 rolls when I eat sushi.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I ate a 3lb steak, two pitchers of beer and a generous portion of double chocolate cake on vacation at Big Texas Steak House. That as well as a double burger, fries, chips, quesadilla and ice-cream for lunch at Denny's. That day was so far into 8000 calories it might as well have been 9000... It was one day, and I planned for SOME of it...but holy moley, that was the biggest calorie count I've had since I started counting. I'm afraid to think how much I was eating and drinking before... Steak and beer (and sushi!!) is always something I can embarrass myself with. lol
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options

The avocado adds a bit, and of course the mayo. I'm not sure. 400 seems alright but I eat 4 rolls when I eat sushi.

I eat 5 :)
    But that's usually after a 5 mile run in the morning and "fasting" or eating really light all day.
  • arditarose
    Options

I eat 5 :)
    But that's usually after a 5 mile run in the morning and "fasting" or eating really light all day.

Yeah, my short butt doesn't run or do any cardio.

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Tblackdogs wrote: »
    What I think when reading this thread is how lucky we are to live with such food quantity. I also think that no one needs that many calories at one sitting! I'm hoping to live the rest of my life enjoying restaurants but not leaving them stuffed and feeling "guilty!"

I know, it's crazy when you think about it. So much waste, and some people are starving.. messed up world we live in...

But about your second point, I mostly can't do it anymore sadly. In order to enjoy one good restaurant meal, I have to basically be hungry the rest of the week. And that's for maintenance calories. It sucks. Of course, for me a good restaurant meal ends up with dessert, so that's what always screws me over. I'm trying to learn to be satisfied with just an entree but it's tough.