Ate a Mcmuffin meal, can't live with myself

Options
1235»

Replies

• Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    richln wrote: »
    The real problem with McDonald's is that they get your order wrong 99% of the time.

And they want 15 bucks an hour. ....
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    roblloyd89 wrote: »
    That's blasphemy to us brits!

British food is such a mystery to me. :D I'd like to try some quality pub food, though!

English muffins are a US invention. Nothing to do with the English. They just gave it the name as a marketing tool.
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I had one a couple months ago and yes it was delicious but it felt like I hadn't eaten anything and I was still as hungry. Considering the calories, no more of those for me... if I'm going to have 400 'empty' calories, I'd rather have ice cream or chocolate..

Ah yes, I didn't mention this yet. As much as I kinda enjoy the greasy fish sandwich, when I eat it it's like gulping down on air! How do they make it so airy? It's like I ate nothing.
  • wrenak
    wrenak Posts: 144 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    This is why you check the bag before pulling off, never fails !

Truer words have never been spoken. I haven't had McDonalds in months but I was craving a Crispy Chicken Bacon Ranch sandwich and had room in my calories for it. Ordered one. Got home... it was a Buttermilk Crispy Chicken sandwich. GAH! Hubs is going back to exchange it. I WANT MY SAMMICH!

ETA: I give up. What he brought home was a Clubhouse with some funky sauce and not ranch.
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    roblloyd89 wrote: »
    That's blasphemy to us brits!

British food is such a mystery to me. :D I'd like to try some quality pub food, though!

English muffins are a US invention. Nothing to do with the English. They just gave it the name as a marketing tool.
    This is why you check the bag before pulling off, never fails !

Yes maam
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    The hashbrowns are the best part. A standard breakfast order for me is an egg mcMuffin meal with an extra hashbrown. That was before I began the war of the flesh - now I just have one instead of two.

I don't know what American cardboard tastes like, but if it tastes like salty, mushy inside but crispy on the outside slightly greasy heaven like a McDonalds hashbrown here does - please send me over a few empty cartons to snack on!
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I have to say McDonalds is the worst junkfood ever and the easiest to give up! I did used to have a bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit issue, but gluten intolerance soon accounted for that! Seriously, I gave it up way before that because it was just nasty!
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    my missus always has an extra plain burger, so just the bun and the meat. It it beyond comprehension how hard McDonalds staff find this to understand.
    She does have the advantage that they have to make it "fresh" so hers is at least warm when she gets it.
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    You guys cracked me up and made my morning:) I'll give McDo a pass though, especially with A&W around... (This thread is a plug for our favourite junk food joints right :) )