2»

Replies

• ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    shecurly wrote: »
    kimny72 wrote: »
    mweckler wrote: »
    Skipping breakfast has been scientifically shown to slow down weight loss and actually make you retain weight. I am the same way. I choose to sleep an extra 10 minutes in the morning, so I throw together a quick protein shake as my breakfast.

Any studies I have seen have shown correlation, not causation. And since OP posted this in the "Gaining Weight" section, it sounds like maybe she SHOULD skip breakfast.

OP, if you are trying to gain weight, it's all about calories, just make sure you hit that goal number :) Good luck!

Yes, I am trying to gain weight.
    I'll still eat breakfast whenever I can. Just wanted to know if not eating it can cause any delays in my weight gain . Thank you all.

As long as you get your calories in elsewhere when you skip breakfast, you will be fine. Don't sweat it.

• elite_nal
    elite_nal Posts: 127 Member
    Options

shecurly wrote: »
    kimny72 wrote: »
    mweckler wrote: »
    Skipping breakfast has been scientifically shown to slow down weight loss and actually make you retain weight. I am the same way. I choose to sleep an extra 10 minutes in the morning, so I throw together a quick protein shake as my breakfast.

Any studies I have seen have shown correlation, not causation. And since OP posted this in the "Gaining Weight" section, it sounds like maybe she SHOULD skip breakfast.

OP, if you are trying to gain weight, it's all about calories, just make sure you hit that goal number :) Good luck!

Yes, I am trying to gain weight.
    I'll still eat breakfast whenever I can. Just wanted to know if not eating it can cause any delays in my weight gain . Thank you all.

There's no such thing as delays. If your goal is just to gain some weight. You can eat your entire caloric surplus number in one sitting and you'll still gain weight lol. Splitting your meal portion for the day is a whole different story. If you want to split them into 6 meals a day, 3 big meals a day, 1 huge meal a day. It doesn't matter, if your goal is just to gain some weight. Because you will gain weight as long as your numbers are on point. You want to gain weight? Consume more calories than you burn. You want to lose weight? Burn more calories then you consume. You want to maintain your weight? Make sure you consume the same amount of calories than you burn. It all comes down to managing energy input/output so that a NET calorie surplus is maintained in the big picture. At the end of the day, it's all about the numbers.