Avo Lifestyle Challenge... Post pictures of your avo meals here!!!

13»

Replies

• mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    scolaris wrote: »
    a creamy cilantro and tomatillo ranch dressing I make from scratch.

Can you share the recipe, please?
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Sure!

1/2 cup mayonnaise
    1/2 cup buttermilk, plus more to thin
    1 Tbs ranch spice blend
    1/2 cup cilantro leaves, stems removed
    1 jalapeño, seeded
    1 tomatillo, papery skin removed
    1 clove garlic
    Freshly squeezed juice of 1 lime
    Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper

Put everything except salt & pepper in blender. Blend until smooth. Thin with additional buttermilk if necessary. Season to taste.
  • scolaris
    I cleaned out the cabin fridge this a.m. because we're leaving & made a huge omelet with leftover chorizo, cheddar, green onion & avocado. But I forgot to snap a pic because I was hungry & hadnt had any coffee yet to sharpen me up. LOL
  • CRDasso
    CRDasso Posts: 1 Member
    If I log a meal from my recipes that includes avocados, shouldn't that count towards my total for the challenge?

I really like the idea of the challenge feature but I am encountering so many glitches and MFP isn't getting back to me.

I'm having the same problem, and I've tried a couple different avocado options in the MFP ingredients database (which they said should all work). Can they not be part of a recipe? Do I have to list them separately?
  • scolaris
    That's a good question...
    I generally list everything separately.
  • scolaris
    Hello! Tonight I made a Caesar style salad with avocado in place of croutons. (We needed bread with our meal for dipping up the garlic shrimp sauce & I didn't want to double up.)ga48t4kw9q1k.jpeg
  • scolaris
    edited December 2015
    I've been out @ holiday parties & studying for the CBest, so no avo meals for about a week...
    Today I made one of my favorite lunch wraps: low carb tortilla, deli roasted turkey breast, Swiss cheese, sunflower sprouts, power greens, avo slices & Annie's 'goddess' dressing. 42vyokd1n7sm.jpeg
  • scolaris
    Another boring salad! I have learned that's how I eat probably 75% of the avos who roll through my doorway. Need to branch out in 2016!
    45b3ygn9m6n0.jpeg
  • scolaris
    Lunch @ Barndiva in Healdsburg... There was avocado in this luscious roasted chicken salad, along with blue cheese, bacon, sprouts, radishes and romaine...t67h7j6qk7bv.jpeg
  • scolaris
    edited December 2015
    Double post... drat!
  • scolaris
    edited December 2015
    Just hit my fifteenth avo meal, so challenge is over! Here's the last salad I made, a modified 'wedge' since I only had a small bit of organic iceberg & the rest was green butter lettuce. katdt36j3t8f.jpeg
  • scolaris
    Yes! I'm actually tired of thinking about food, period. Austere January never looked so good! I have one last big festive dinner - shrimp & grits - for my dad when he visits on the 1st and then I'm putting myself in spa mode...

• scolaris
    Oh man. You didn't even see a picture! I was in NOLA last April and had john besh' version at one of his restaurants; then in October I had it again a little differently at a restaurant in old town Alexandria VA when I visited my husband who was working back there. Out west here we've been getting the most luscious plump rock shrimp from OR so I'm going to combine the versions & use the western shrimp... I picked up a fancy organic artisanal Andouille sausage pack in the Costco holiday food section. And the grits are organic stoneground ones that I bought in the garden district and carried home in my luggage. Commitment!!! Mmmmmmm....
  • scolaris
    And I said I was tired of thinking about food.
    ~falls off chair laughing at self~