black spots

Options
2»

Replies

• ultrahoon
    ultrahoon Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    jadebuniel wrote: »
    Acanthosis nigricans is a sign of metabolic disorders--diabetes, insulin resistance, PCOS, etc.

It isn't really spots, though...more like a darkening around skin folds.

See a doctor.

I searched acanthosis nigricans and the black areas/spots are identical

See an actual real Doctor. Seriously. We can't help you.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    Let's just say for the moment that you are right, and the diagnoses from Dr. Google means that you have type 2 diabetes. So let's treat that shall we? And how do you think would be best to treat that? I know, go to a doctor.
  • motivccess
    motivccess Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I suggest consulting your physician, rather than attempting an internet diagnosis.[/quote !! :p
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    There could be more than one thing going on that needs to addressed by a doctor.
    Please take care of yourself by setting up a dr appt. <3
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    Let's just say for the moment that you are right, and the diagnoses from Dr. Google means that you have type 2 diabetes. So let's treat that shall we? And how do you think would be best to treat that? I know, go to a doctor.

I know OP is a male (according to his profile), but maybe it's PCOS...
  • Tsoggo
    Tsoggo Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I will go to a doctor asap. Sorry for asking this noob question xD. Your replies makes me flatter. Feels like everyone cares for me lol xD
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I will go to a doctor asap. Sorry for asking this noob question xD. Your replies makes me flatter. Feels like everyone cares for me lol xD

It's not so much a noob question as it is just not a good idea to have strangers on the Internet 'help' with medical conditions. Glad your going to the doc. I hope it's not an alien parasite
  • plantedinpots
    plantedinpots Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    very glad you've decided to go to a doctor, that is the only way to be 100% sure of what is really going on. to maybe try and put your mind to ease: type 2 diabetes causes unquenchable thirst. so, if you haven't been experiencing this symptom, you most likely do not have type 2 diabetes. that being said, hope you get some answers soon!
  • ZeroDelta
    ZeroDelta Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Recently i saw this dark spots on my armpit and back of my neck. They say it is a symptom of diabetes type 2. Is it true? Is there any way to get rid of this?

My bet is bubonic plague. Can't trust those rats! :smiley:
  • wrenak
    wrenak Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    ZeroDelta wrote: »
    Recently i saw this dark spots on my armpit and back of my neck. They say it is a symptom of diabetes type 2. Is it true? Is there any way to get rid of this?

My bet is bubonic plague. Can't trust those rats! :smiley:

The rats were framed!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

Actually, I think that people are being unnecessarily critical here...but there is nothing wrong with asking a question and hoping to get pointed in the right direction. Of course strangers on the internet are not a great diagnostic tool, but collective wisdom can sometimes help you decide if something is important enough to take to a professional.

A generalist/internist would be a good place to start, but at some point you may need to see an endocrinologist. It's a really classic sign that something is amiss with your metabolism.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

Actually, I think that people are being unnecessarily critical here...but there is nothing wrong with asking a question and hoping to get pointed in the right direction. Of course strangers on the internet are not a great diagnostic tool, but collective wisdom can sometimes help you decide if something is important enough to take to a professional.

A generalist/internist would be a good place to start, but at some point you may need to see an endocrinologist. It's a really classic sign that something is amiss with your metabolism.

I don't see where anyone is being critical here at all, just honest that a doctor is needed and it's not appropriate for us to diagnose. I do see some humor, which some might find offensive, but nothing that is critical.

You don't know that the spots have anything to do with the OP's metabolism, they could be something entirely different.

I like what you say about collective wisdom, though.