What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    natajane wrote: »
    NSVs today -

-I reached my mini goal of losing my first 7lb for the Christmas party (lost 9lb)
    - I'm down into the next stone bracket! Yeyyy!
    - I went for a long morning walk, despite the rain.
    - That walk has also "paid" for the extra calories I'll have at the Christmas party!

You know for all the planning and emotional effort that this takes, it sure does feel worth it when you're winning!

This shows you "get it". Well done!
  • Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    School end of term do last night, and the PE department were talking about how good I looked and asking how I had done it. These are all fit people, so that felt good. It also felt good to say, in the face of the list of diet alternatives that were speculated, that I just ate less and moved more.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    MissyMilda wrote: »
    I had a date with a really cute and lovely guy and I didn't feel like I didn't deserve his attention! :)

This right here is one of the best nsv I've heard EVER.
    That's so great!!!! I don't know you, but I'm so proud of you!!!!
  • MissyMilda
    MissyMilda Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thank you @mrsfitzyv8! You nearly made me cry!! It's only now I'm losing the baggage (along with the lbs) that I realise how much I was carrying! :)
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I just had a new personal best run. I ran 4 miles in 38 minutes. It used to take me 48 to 50 minutes to run those 4 miles. My first two miles were 9 minute miles.
  • Ponkeen
    Ponkeen Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    This morning I was able to do not one, but five or six, yoga moves that I couldn't do six months ago. I did the plow, a shoulder stand, one legged chair (whatever that's called...), and a few others that my weight and body fat had previously prevented me from doing. Thing is, I don't think I'm significantly fitter than I was six months ago- just thinner and lighter, which automatically makes about half my physical activity that much easier.
    Thank goodness! Also, i am a solid US size 12 now, down from size 18. I have another 35-40 pounds to go, so hopefully I'll have another NSV or two in another couple of months.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    This morning I went to walk the track at the local high school. During my time there, about 15 people came, walked or ran, then left. One man arrived after me and ran for what seemed like eternity. I told myself that I was not going to stop walking before he stopped running. When he finished, I asked him how far he had run and he told me 10 miles. He also said that in all his years of using the track, I am the only person who outlasted him, most walkers are there for a shorter time than he is.
    He left and I did another mile, just because I could.
  • MindyBruno
    MindyBruno Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    jfarrier42 wrote: »
    Overheard my 14 year old son on the phone, "My Dad's lost 35 lbs and had to buy new suits, pants and jeans."

I love that your son was proud of you!
  • HealthyChar1223
    HealthyChar1223 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have been lifting weight for 3 weeks now :). I went up in what I was able to lift in every excercise. I can feel my body tightening up esp in my legs. I am starting to see results, my sleeping, eating, and excercise habits are improving for the better everyday!
  • jessasweightlossjourney
    Options
    I fit into a medium victorias secret sweater with room! It was an oversized sweater but I'm still counting it as an NSV considering I used to be a 2x-3x and never imagined ever fitting into anything labeled medium, oversized or not lol.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    The fact that I got to the gym before it closed, even though it closes early on weekends lol. I could so easily have ditched, but I sent.
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I completed run/walk 23 miles this week!!! :smiley: I am usually around 10 miles a week so this is major!! Probably a one-time thing but I managed to have two days where I did 6+ miles, one with more than 1000 ft elevation. Not sure it'll feel like a victory tomorrow (soreness?) but today it is!
  • GemimaFitzTed
    GemimaFitzTed Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I did 3x10 reps of weighted squats with a 20kg barbell...5kgs more heavier than my last weighted squats (last Thursday)!!!! YYYYEEEAAAAHHHH!
  • Eri0515
    Eri0515 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I am wearing a size 16 pants. Down from a size 22 one year ago. I haven't worn a size 16 in 15-16 years! My sister has gained weight since moving in with my mom about a year and a half ago so I've borrowed 3 pairs of 16's from her. I promised her that I would give them back. Gotta keep moving onward and downward!

Not so sure if this is a good NSV. None of my shirts, except for two, fit anymore! My closet is full of cute clothes that I am swimming in. Some of them I like so much that I am thinking the tailor may be a good person to know!
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Eri0515 wrote: »
    I am wearing a size 16 pants. Down from a size 22 one year ago. I haven't worn a size 16 in 15-16 years! My sister has gained weight since moving in with my mom about a year and a half ago so I've borrowed 3 pairs of 16's from her. I promised her that I would give them back. Gotta keep moving onward and downward!

Not so sure if this is a good NSV. None of my shirts, except for two, fit anymore! My closet is full of cute clothes that I am swimming in. Some of them I like so much that I am thinking the tailor may be a good person to know!

I hear a thrift store calling your name!

I've gone from a 24 to a 14 so far. I still have 34 pounds to lose. I have replace my entire wardrobe twice in the past year and hardly spent any money at all. It's been fun to experiment with styles that I never considered possible before!
  • summerdaze120
    summerdaze120 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    My husband and I just bought this new weight bench for our home gym. He knows I have been working out, mostly cardio, but did not think that I was also starting to focus on my strength. Once the bench was set-up he hit the barbell a few times and said it felt good; he hasn't lifted in years. I told him I wanted to try and he was a little skeptical. So I laid down on the bench, wrapped my hands around the barbell, and got out 10 in a row with no help. I re-racked and got up. He was like: "Damn, oh my god, I didn't think you would...Holy *kitten* you got strong baby!" Made me feel damn proud!! Super excited to start lifting with him at home.

g0mo2dki6no4.jpg
  • tara_means_star
    tara_means_star Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    This week I tried on two pairs of pants that have previously been too tight. Not only were they not too tight, they were way too big!
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Had a little fun at the end of the work shift talking weight lifting with the under 21 football player new cashier. His numbers are huge but he's a very tall, young football player. Wish we had more lifting in the female sports back when I was in high school (only did a little lifting in track since I did shot put and discus, nothing for the other sports). Still, nice to have someone who appreciates a good deadlift session.
  • qstneverything
    qstneverything Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I got back on the horse and as of today I'm back to healthy eating/exercise. Not the strongest NSV and unfortunately I've gained weight, but I'm back on track to report better NSVs in the near future :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!