What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• unrelentingminx
    unrelentingminx Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I am now finally down a full dress AND jeans size (damn hips make buying jeans a nightmare).
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I finally dared to wear a cropped top out of the house for the first time! I've had it for a year and not had the confidence :)
  • lthaus
    lthaus Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    DawnEmbers wrote: »
    Considered "overweight" as opposed to "obese" for my height as of yesterday. :smile:
    TODAY!!! I slid off that Chart as well!! Wife even posted a congrats msg on my FB.. Welcome to OverWeight...Good BYE Obese....... YES!

• sheppeyescapee
    sheppeyescapee Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I also went into overweight from Obese today! BMI now 29.6 at my highest it was 41.6. Went jean shopping today and now fit comfortably in a "normal" store 34" waist jeans, when I was at my biggest I was wearing "fat" catalogue 48" waist jeans which were actually more like a 50" or 52" in reality! Sat in my manual wheelchair for the first time in ages, last time I used it I was overspilling and was too big for it. Now my chair is too big for me, I have a couple of inches either side of space. A day of so many NSVs B)
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I am traveling in a place that has, arguably, some of the best fries in the world.
    Just now, I took a break from some work I needed to get done and realized I'm a bit peckish - and rather than run downstairs to the shop that won 'best fries' this year, I decided I would really rather have spinach...

So, now I am cooking spinach.

Seriously.

Awesome, that is truly something to celebrate! Winning tests of willpower are still some of my most prized NSVs because they show me I am still in control of my relationship with food.

And spinach is truly delicious :)
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    lthaus wrote: »
    TODAY!!! I slid off that Chart as well!! Wife even posted a congrats msg on my FB.. Welcome to OverWeight...Good BYE Obese....... YES!

Congrats! :smile:
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    HI GUYS! Take a peek at my profile pic! BECAUSE....today........THOSE are my OLD jeans. My regular jeans. My precious lucky brand jeans that I dumped in the closet a year ago because I couldn't bear the sight of them when I gained all the weight. The same pants I still couldn't zip up or button 2 weeks ago. The same jeans I have worn pretty much all of my adult life from 25 to 32ish. I will from this point forward be so happy with my progress each and every single day. Yes, I like the scale dropping. BUT GOSH I LOVE MY OLD CLOTHES (do people still wear bootcut jeans?!?!?! When it hits 100+ degrees? WHO CARES I WILL LOL) :p

Fitted, sure, but if I can bend in them and sit in them all is well in my world. In another 10 pounds they will fit like regular and perhaps not quite so *ahem* form fitting. But darn it all....HAPPY DANCE THURSDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It took 7 months and some change which used to seem like forever, but now seems not that long.

The taste of victory is sweet, my friends!

Omg! This is so freaky! This weekend I was feeling really let down by the scale as it wasn't moving. But I could feel my clothes fitting me loose so I took measurements . I am down by nearly 1/2 - 1 inch at all places. So I took out my old bootcut jeans I had with me since I first started working! I wore them till my ppregnancy. I tried them out and they fit! Albeit with a muffin top! But yay! I was so proud of myself, I wore them out to a mall! Don't care if its out of fashion :smiley:
  • swanka10512
    swanka10512 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    MagJam2004 wrote: »
    I saw a vein on my bicep for the first time while I was lifting. It was pretty motivating.
    aerochic42 wrote: »
    While working on the house, my knee joints (the skin is tender, but that's a different non-weight related thing) didn't bother me while kneeling/crawling around on all fours when cleaning and weeding. I only had to reposition my knee once from pain.

• Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Tightened my fitbit a notch, woop!
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I was sewing a new sporty jacket for myself and had to measure my wrist for the cuffs. Measured it three times as I could not believe the number (16 cm = 6.3 inch) Not been that small in my wrists for at least 15 years
  • Ioras88
    Ioras88 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Got new jeans: smaller than I thought and hoped. :D
    EUR 40, according to my pants (sorry, I guess we don't use the same sizes everywhere.) Previously I could only wear my 44/46 pair. I'm so confident right now that I purchased a dress over the internet with the hopes that it will fit me when I get it. It's also EUR size 40. They didn't have the size at a local store and their 38 was too small for me.
    It's the cutest summer dress I've seen so far. :)
    I'll come back with news if it fits or not when I get it. :'D Maybe even pictures? Depends on how it turns out.

(It's from Orsay: a white dress with smallish flowers.)
  • azucker88
    azucker88 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    My wedding ring is loose.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I lost another point off my bmi.
  • korpinator99
    korpinator99 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I ran two miles today in nearly the time it takes me to walk one. I haven't ran a foot in 6 years. Felt amazing to know i have the drive to better myself
  • ms_maruska
    ms_maruska Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    So, yesterday I used up my calorie allotment at 2pm. Had lunch around 12 and was still hungry so ate 3 cheese filled pancakes. I sort of resigned that I will just have to go over my calories but that it's ok because it hasn't happened for weeks. Well.. the rest of the day I was just thirsty all the time and couldn't think of food as I felt so full. At the end of the day, I realized that I won't go over my calories as I'm simply not hungry. I don't know what happened, either my body got used to this amount of calories or I was just lucky and had a non-crave day. But that was cool.
  • Monklady123
    Monklady123 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I just had an NSV yesterday. When I walk my dog in the warmer weather I usually have no pockets to put my key or phone in so I use a small fanny pack. Five weeks ago the strap was tight around my waist. But yesterday I noticed that it was looser! :smile: I've lost 11 pounds so far... haven't taken my measurements again since I started but I know the waist one has to be smaller. woot!
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    yay everyone!
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Well, I had to go to a funeral a couple of weeks ago and the two black dressy skirts I always used in the past, hung off my hips. It was kind of a last-minute deal as it was completely unexpected. So, now I am on the prowl for a special-occasion dress and/or skirt that I know will fit as I obviously have nothing right now. I ended up wearing black pants (I'm sure nobody really cared, but I really like to wear skirts for situations like that and always have). Another was my 'smaller' bras are now too large in the band - thankfully, I was and am able to accommodate that issue more easily!
  • acoustophoresis
    acoustophoresis Posts: 49 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    My boss told me I looked like I have lost weight today :blush:

When I lift my thigh up, the fat is squishy and falls away, and the contour of a skinny leg is super apparent! :smile:
  • KarlaH9801
    KarlaH9801 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I jogged 8 laps around my daughter's school track. She was able to keep up merely by walking quickly, but by golly- I jogged that two miles! (Queue Rocky's Eye of the Tiger)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!