stimulants

Options
Does anybody have a preferred muscle stimulant they take to put on lean muscle

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    The only "supplements" that are proven to help add lean mass, beyond eating and training appropriately, are illegal.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    My preferred muscle stimulant is exercise & adequate nutrition....
  • ModerationWins
    ModerationWins Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am not looking for the illegal route
  • usmcmp
    Options
    Eating appropriately and following a progressive lifting routine are all you need.
  • ModerationWins
    Options
    I do those things, I lift heavy 5 days a weeks. Every set is done tonfailure.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options

Well, there's your problem. You might want to research some of the popular programs and give them a try or at least use them as a basis for something of your own.
  • usmcmp
    Options

So you don't follow a progressive lifting routine, you lift to failure. You don't have to fail to grow.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    Does anybody have a preferred muscle stimulant they take to put on lean muscle
    The only thing that builds muscle is protein. The only other thing besides a good workout program to accelerate it is PED's. There aren't any supplements (except whey protein) that stimulate muscles to grow.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• ModerationWins
    Options
    When you say progressive you mean 10, 15, 20 reps? When I lift that way, I'm exhausted before I get to my working sets.

When I lift to failure I get To my working set faster
  • usmcmp
    Options
    When you say progressive you mean 10, 15, 20 reps? When I lift that way, I'm exhausted before I get to my working sets.

When I lift to failure I get To my working set faster

How long have you been lifting?
  • ModerationWins
    Options
    My goal is to burn fat not not power
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Training to failure isn't always the right way to gain size. Especially if you're only doing under 5 reps a set. What's your training routine?

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• ModerationWins
    Options
    I'm in the gym 5 days a week, I ised the antagonistic method for example chest and back one day, triceps and biceps. Typically I go 12 rep per 3 sets
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    I'm in the gym 5 days a week, I ised the antagonistic method for example chest and back one day, triceps and biceps. Typically I go 12 rep per 3 sets
    Actually you'd be better off training back and triceps together and chest and biceps together instead. Why? Training 2 large body parts together favors the whatever body part you train first due to glycogen reduction and training a smaller body part with a larger one can help to keep the intensity up on the smaller body part because theirs less energy demand. Personally I think it works better this way because then arms aren't pre exhausted and you can focus on higher poundages. I've always noticed that if I trained back with biceps, I just didn't do as well with curls.
    But that could be just anecdotal.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I am not looking for the illegal route

Nothing you can buy legally will stimulate muscle growth (other than protein). Those products are all junk designed to cheat you out of your money with bogus advertising.
  • hairycrabs21
    hairycrabs21 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My goal is to burn fat not not power

Than im confused as to why your lifting so many weights. Have you heard of cardio? Don't stop the weight training but find some type of cardio specially hiit would help with fat loss as well maintaining the muscle you have. Plus a good diet plays a major roll. As for supplements nothing will help gain muscle but protein but you can try something for more energy to maximize your work out. I currently use shroom tech sport by onnit and love it.
  • ModerationWins
    Options
    For the most part I do eat clean, my daily caloric intake is less than 2300. On average I do 20 min of cardio per day plus I lift. As far a supplents this is what I take: yohembi 500mg, creatine, BCAAs, glutamine, synths-6 protein 1scoop