What are your favorite teas?

Options

Replies

• mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Since moving, I've not been able to find the teas I used to drink in stores, so I've been trying new things. My current favourites are Bigelow's Raspberry Royale and Trader Joe's Vanilla Cinnamon black tea. Twining's Earl Grey is also good. The raspberry and earl grey both make nice iced teas, which is good for my new climate :)
  • bacs
    bacs Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My go toos are Lady Grey and Darjeeling
  • tlv1
    tlv1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I absolutely adore Tulsi's Rose Tea! It's so calming and unique. Smells amazing, perfect pre bedtime tea
  • YeaYeaPueblo
    YeaYeaPueblo Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Since moving, I've not been able to find the teas I used to drink in stores, so I've been trying new things. My current favourites are Bigelow's Raspberry Royale and Trader Joe's Vanilla Cinnamon black tea. Twining's Earl Grey is also good. The raspberry and earl grey both make nice iced teas, which is good for my new climate :)

I miss trader joes! They definitely don't have any of those here in Alaska. I did find out we have a specialty tea store, though. That's awesome. I tried their lavender Yerba mate today, it was pretty good but very fragrant. I think I'd enjoy it more if it were vanilla. I'm boring that way, I guess.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I don't drink it too often as I prefer coffee more. When I do, it's Lipton with one packet of Stevia.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,119 Member
    Options
    Rooibos

Lemon-ginger

Mandarin green tea
  • jah1360
    jah1360 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My favorite teas are bigelow green tea with lemon and celestial seasonings green teas
  • BethAnnieT
    BethAnnieT Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I like black teas mostly. Right now I'm into Russian Caravan, which has lapsang souchong in it, so it's very smoky. I have to steep the loose tea and remove it after about 90 seconds otherwise that smoky flavor gets too strong. I like it with a stevia.

Also, agree with the Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride. It's fun and light. Earl Grey Crème is wonderful if you can find it. I love that little touch of vanilla. I like to order from The Art of Tea. http://www.artoftea.com/
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    How funny. My favorite right now is Russian Caravan. I'm considering switching over to Lapsang Souchong - I found the smokiness a bit much the first time I tasted it, but I think after drinking Russian Caravan for months I've become acclimated. It will probably be about perfect now.

I haven't met anyone else who likes it.

I also love complex mint teas. I really like Tazo's refresh - all the other herbs really make it for me. Peppermint tea is nice, but I get bored with it easily.

Chai lattes are my other go-to. I'm really specific with those. I like it heavy on the black pepper/cinnamon/nutmeg, medium on clove, and light on the cardamom.
  • DKG28
    DKG28 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Bigelow Salted Caramel with a splash of milk and sugar. Bigelow Vanilla Chai is good too. i'm mostly a coffee drinker so I look for teas that with a few fixings have a pretty rich flavor.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Adiago has some yummy flavors, you can sample packs and sample sizes so you're not making a huge commitment. Their fruit tinsanes are fabulous for summer drinking cold. I alternate between several types including orange, strawberry, berry, and a great pina colada flavor. My friend has found several flavored black and green teas she orders regularly as well.

I also order from mountainroseherbs.com We use their medicinal herbal teas, especially their ecchinacia and roots tea during cold and flue season. For my own drinking pleasure, there's a chocolate mint yerba mate that's fantastic and an herbal chai that is dynamite either cold or hot sweetened with a touch of stevia and a dash of coconut milk.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Spearmint
    Red Rooibos
    Green Rooibos
    White tea
  • NotPhyllis
    NotPhyllis Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have been drinking Celestial Seasonings' Red Zinger since it first came out in the mid 1960's when I was in college. These days I add some TruLemon ( dehydrated lemon) and a bit of Stevia.

I also drink Tazo's Passion and Rishi's Tropical Hibiscus.

All of them are rosehip and hibiscus based with other herbs added depending on the brand.

I keep a pitcher in the fridge;bits of fruit get tossed in occasionally to make an herb tea version of sangria.

The tea is also good hot.

The other one I drink occasionally is a Lemon Ginger tea. I think it is Twinings. I take this one like I take my men: straight, strong and spicy ( giggle )
  • NotPhyllis
    Options
    yayamom3 wrote: »
    I'm a big fan of iced tea. Celestial seasonings peach tea is my fave.

Red Zinger for me, please although the Christmas (peppermint) Tea is a treat.

• NotPhyllis
    Options
    I'm missing out! I live in fairbanks, Alaska. We don't have any specialty tea stores, but we do have a co-op and a health food store. I'll check out their loose leaf varieties! Thanks for the inspiration, everyone!

Take a look at the Rishi website. I have sampled a few of their teas and been very pleased.They are a bit pricey but well worth it in my opinion.

http://www.rishi-tea.com/
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    spiced chai, orange spice, green and black teas are my go to teas. not very original, but I enjoy them...
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I love anything by Traditional Medicinals. They all just taste so good! Plus, they really do work. The Smooth Move really will get things moving, if you know what I mean. ;)

Also, I really like Rishi teas. I can buy them in bulk by the pound, so it's really convienent for me to just buy a little bit of a new tea to tase.

Yogi and Tazo are okay, but they're not my favorites. I like the Evertday Detox from Yogi and the Chai from Tazo the most.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    I drink lots of teas and herbal infusions. My favourites for winter are russian-type blends (twinnings russian caravan for example), irish breakfast blends (again twinnings has a decent version) and earl grey (whittard is my favourite when it comes to big brands). When it comes to herbal infusion, I love warm Turkish apple teas, and also ironwort and sage with a bit of honey. Also a cup of honeybush before bed.
  • Becca_250
    Becca_250 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Rooibos is my go to tea, I love it with and without milk/honey. Also Twinings Caramelised Apple Green Tea and Teapigs Chai.
  • CubicalF13
    CubicalF13 Posts: 263 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Bushells Tea - Extra Strong.

I do also drink some liptons green tea but for weight loss only. Cant stand the taste. :#