What are your favorite teas?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Spadesheart
    Spadesheart Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you have a bulk barn where you live, but they actually carry a surprising array of rather serviceable looseleaf teas now for a fraction of the cost, plus you can try as much or as little as you like.

My tastes skew a little darker, so I very much enjoy their black currant black, and chai black teas, but they have a lot of green options. Their vanilla roiibos is also quite good.

I make most of these into iced teas to cut soda out of my diet. Even the sugar free stuff isn't great for you. Diet sugars aside, there is nothing worse for your teeth than carbonation.
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Oh boy! I love tea :)
    I love a loose leaf white apricot peach tea (order online from tea sante in Montreal...yum!)
    Jasmine green tea (organic from Numi)
    Tetley earl grey vanilla
    Rooibos (check out different flavours...vanilla is nice)
    Peach ginger black tea
    Btw...add some honey to chamomile makes it taste better!
  • OkieFitness
    OkieFitness Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Adiogo Strawberry! Drink that stuff by the truckloads and it has helped me kick the pop habit. I add a bit of Truvia and dried spearmint from the garden.
  • YeaYeaPueblo
    YeaYeaPueblo Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    NotPhyllis wrote: »
    I'm missing out! I live in fairbanks, Alaska. We don't have any specialty tea stores, but we do have a co-op and a health food store. I'll check out their loose leaf varieties! Thanks for the inspiration, everyone!

Take a look at the Rishi website. I have sampled a few of their teas and been very pleased.They are a bit pricey but well worth it in my opinion.

http://www.rishi-tea.com/

They seem to come highly recommended. So I will check it out!

KellieTru wrote: »
    Oh boy! I love tea :)
    I love a loose leaf white apricot peach tea (order online from tea sante in Montreal...yum!)
    Jasmine green tea (organic from Numi)
    Tetley earl grey vanilla
    Rooibos (check out different flavours...vanilla is nice)
    Peach ginger black tea
    Btw...add some honey to chamomile makes it taste better!

Ohh I need to hunt down some jasmine green tea again. I had some a while back and never replaced it when I ran out. And honey in the chamomile -- good idea!
  • YeaYeaPueblo
    Options
    ufonut wrote: »
    Adiogo Strawberry! Drink that stuff by the truckloads and it has helped me kick the pop habit. I add a bit of Truvia and dried spearmint from the garden.

Dried spearmint! I'm wondering if I can find that in town somewhere. Maybe I can grow a plant after winter breakup. Alaska's (summer) midnight sun is good for gardens!
  • BethAnnieT
    BethAnnieT Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Oh I want to add The Republic of Tea brand. The flavors I love are Vanilla Almond and Blackberry Sage. Especially the Blackberry Sage. They are kind of an investment at around $8-11 for a tin of 50 bags. But worth it. They also have a holiday flavor called Comfort & Joy that is very tasty -- has some cinnamon & spice and everything nice in it.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Today is International Tea day, everyone! Enjoy your tea.
  • YeaYeaPueblo
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Today is International Tea day, everyone! Enjoy your tea.

Awesome! I just ordered Harney & Sons classic hot cinnamon spice tea for myself. Looking forward to trying that out when it arrives. For international tea day today, I'll have green tea.

Cheers!
  • kychoie0330
    kychoie0330 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Matcha Green tea. It tastes great. And it so much better for you compared to regular green tea! :)
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Google "free tea samples". Several companies will send you a few teabags to try out. I like the Yogi ones - my friends and I send them to each other.

https://www.yogiproducts.com/well-wishes/

One of my favorites to make at home is fresh ginger and cinnamon stick, steeped in boiled water. I like things spicy so I steep it overnight. (Pour boiled water over ginger and cinnamon. Once it cools, put it in the fridge). It's great cold or reheated in the microwave. I sometimes add lemon and honey.

Another tea I like has an amusing name and a great flavor. Horny Goat Weed Tea. I buy it at a local market, but Amazon has it too.

I just finished a pot of peppermint tea.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Matcha Green tea. It tastes great. And it so much better for you compared to regular green tea! :)

I like matcha in a berry smoothie
  • Melmo1988
    Melmo1988 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I like Chamomile tea with honey, and I also love chocolate hazelnut tea with a bit of milk and sugar.
  • Melmo1988
    Melmo1988 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    My two favorite teas are:
    Candy-Cane-Tea.png
    This is a vanilla and peppermint tea. I have it literally year round and it tastes like christmas in a cup. Trust me, this one is a winner! Green tea and decaf.

Bigelow-PlantationMint-196x196.jpg
    This one is a black tea so it's much darker, stronger, and refreshing. I LOVE this tea. :)

I am definitely trying that Candycane one!
  • OkieFitness
    OkieFitness Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    Dried spearmint! I'm wondering if I can find that in town somewhere. Maybe I can grow a plant after winter breakup. Alaska's (summer) midnight sun is good for gardens!
    [/quote]

...or maybe try growing it under the new LED type of grow lamps? Just harvested a few peppers from the potted plants I brought into the sunroom with the grow lamps in place. Lemons ready too!