1,5 kilo weight gain NO cheat day

Options
I'm super anguished just gained 1,5 kilo (from 56,3 to 57,8) from one day to the other without cheating and it was so hard to get to 56,3. I'm sure I won't be able to loose it immediately, what should I do?

Replies

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Grasp then concepts that weight loss is not a linear process and that the human body has a fluctuating weight.
  • leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    im up 4lbs within the last 3 weeks - no reasonable explanation - ive just had to tighten the logging and keep going in hopes it will even itself out.
  • FatMoojor
    FatMoojor Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    water weight. You weight from day to day can easily be +/-2lbs on the previous day. You should be concentrating on overall trends.
  • Pauli2468
    Pauli2468 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you ! My weight seriously affects my motivation so it's frustrating. Besides the fluctuation is never this extreme
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every day and log this in a spreadsheet so I get used to those daily fluctuations.

Where are you in your menstrual cycle? I go up a pound or two at ovulation and again right before my period starts.

Also, when I started lifting weights again my weight shot up seven pounds.
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Did you happen to eat a really salty meal that was out of the ordinary last night? This can affect you up to 5 lbs. with your water retention.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Pauli2468 wrote: »
    I'm super anguished just gained 1,5 kilo (from 56,3 to 57,8) from one day to the other without cheating and it was so hard to get to 56,3. I'm sure I won't be able to loose it immediately, what should I do?

You're a 27 year old female. It could be temporary water weight gain from your menstrual cycle, or it could be from an overly sodium rich meal the day before, it could mean that you need to poop, etc.

What do you need to do? Chill, and get yourself a food scale to make certain you're eating what you think you're eating. :)
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

You're a 27 year old female. It could be temporary water weight gain from your menstrual cycle, or it could be from an overly sodium rich meal the day before, it could mean that you need to poop, etc.

What do you need to do? Chill, and get yourself a food scale to make certain you're eating what you think you're eating. :)

This. And if a fluctuation like this is enough to dishearten you, weighing in daily might not be for you.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I've been over both calories and sodium for the last week. My weight went up 3 pounds also over the course of that week.

Now, today, I'm back down 2 pounds. My carb and sodium intake were lower yesterday, and I've been hydrating better this weekend. This all helps shed water weight.

Your body doesn't have a static weight. It has a weight range.

You only need to be concerned if you see a gain that sticks around and has no explanation. If your sodium or carb intake goes up, it's likely your weight will also. It's water weight, and it will go back down given time.

~Lyssa
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Grasp then concepts that weight loss is not a linear process and that the human body has a fluctuating weight.

This is so very true.

Besides this, you don't have to have a cheat day to gain weight, you just have to eat over your TDEE on a consistent basis.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Thank you ! My weight seriously affects my motivation so it's frustrating. Besides the fluctuation is never this extreme

1.5 pounds fluctuation is not extreme. :)
  • Pauli2468
    Pauli2468 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you all, I feel very supported and I don't have any other place to talk about it. It must be sodium, I'm nowhere near my cycle...