Whats your oupinion on National Don't wear a Bra Day?

Options

Replies

• tjsusong
    tjsusong Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Uhhhhh people would get hurt if I didn't wear one. I wear one to bed :laugh:

Me too! I'm so not comfortable without a bra on! I also agree witht he comment that some people just dont know if they look good or not and it can look slothenly. And yes, you can see this at Wal Mart on a daily basis... Its not a pretty sight!! I'm gonna stick to wearing pink!!!
  • history_grrrl
    history_grrrl Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    giggle - sounds like a male initiated activity to me ;-)

Hah! That's exactly what I thought when I read the post!

I have strong feelings about the whole "using women's sexuality to promote breast cancer awareness" thing, but I won't get into it here because I want to avoid politics on this forum. BUT . . . there's only one time in my life that I went outside without a bra (except for wearing a bathing suit). This was many years ago. I saw a car accident outside my window and ran downstairs in case they needed a witness. I was wearing normal clothes but no bra. Literally the second I stepped out on my building's front stoop, some guy strolled by and said, "Hey, shake it, don't break it!" Uhhh . . . Nope, never doing that again!
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    You know I was just thinking about another reason this day is so important, albeit the way they are putting it out there is a bit crass. That reason is my best friend. She was diagnosed with breast cancer at age 28 and underwent chemo, radiation and had a double mastectomy. For those of you who don't know what that is, it is basically where they remove your breasts and sew you back up. I bet she wishes like hell she could wear a bra everyday. But you know what? She can't wear one and she won't be able to for a long time still. I think I am definitely participating in this day so i can know what it feels like to have people stare at my chest and wonder whats going on, then maybe I will know slightly and only ever slightly how she must feel.
  • LizC26
    LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    You know I was just thinking about another reason this day is so important, albeit the way they are putting it out there is a bit crass. That reason is my best friend. She was diagnosed with breast cancer at age 28 and underwent chemo, radiation and had a double mastectomy. For those of you who don't know what that is, it is basically where they remove your breasts and sew you back up. I bet she wishes like hell she could wear a bra everyday. But you know what? She can't wear one and she won't be able to for a long time still. I think I am definitely participating in this day so i can know what it feels like to have people stare at my chest and wonder whats going on, then maybe I will know slightly and only ever slightly how she must feel.

Exactly...The point isn't to get other people to look at you and to make them aware...It's a way for you to become aware of how uncomfortable (<<----huge understatement) having to live with the effects of breast cancer is.
  • pacmanjack
    pacmanjack Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I find the whole event uplifting.... Wait, what?
  • jennywrens
    jennywrens Posts: 208
    Options
    And I shop at Wal-Mart...there isn't a set day for this, some folk have been supporting breast cancer awareness their whole lives.

Hahahaha!! Love it!!!
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    *marking my calendar*
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    There are also Slutwalks now if anyone is interested.

Perhaps when you gentlemen are finished "becoming aware of breast cancer" you can wander over ...
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • chicpower1
    chicpower1 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Uh, that would be a big N-O from me on that one! Me and my National Geographic boobs would scare people away!
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I could take people out with these puppies are they crazy lol
    I would do it if i was at home all day :smile:
  • 1234lbsgone
    1234lbsgone Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I think if people don't know about breast cancer by now, they aren't ever going to care. Personally, I think the focus needs to be more on prevention than anything else. But thats just me.
  • 1234lbsgone
    1234lbsgone Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Oh for cryin out loud, I spelled opinion *oupinion* in the title.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I have to wear a bra otherwise they get in the way when I'm walking. :laugh:
  • sdgirl22
    sdgirl22 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    @ the kitchenninja - word. I don't think my nips are going to make anyone more aware about breast cancer.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Oh for cryin out loud, I spelled opinion *oupinion* in the title.
    I figured that's the way the English spelled it.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Great idea, but nothing on God's Earth could ever make me not wear a bra. I am a 28GG and have breastfed for 5 years straight. Sorry, but not for all Bill Gate's fortune would I spend a day braless.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    "But seriously, is this going a little too far? This day we will be flinging our boobs around and the next day we will be complaining that men are staring at our boobs and it's harassment. "

I'm not sure I have an opinion on the whole event, I just wanted to point out that even if women fling their boobs about, they can still complain about being harassed. A woman should never be harassed, no matter what she is wearing. Sorry if this comes off as pushy, it's just something that's very important to me!

i personally think that the way a woman dresses is how people will treat her..its WRONG but its true, do a test yourself: wear a slutty outfit and go out.. you will get no respect and much unwanted attention.. go to the same location whether it being a bank, grocery store, college, mall.. etc... but dress in conservative clothing, nothing revealing and you will get the opposite... you will be respected, not looked down on and i can guarantee you, no body will "stare" at your chest if you dont reveal it... thats my opinion and like i said, its WRONG but its true...

Rubbish. People stare at my chest whatever I wear. I just have big boobs.
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I think that some pervert comes up with all this crap.....just my personal opinion!
  • jewels319
    jewels319 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    If we can do this.....why not Nation ED day.....erectial dysfunction day.....let it all hang out.....nah.....no one would have an issue with that now would they!!!!!! Big ones, small ones...thick ones, thin ones......I don't know who comes up with all these different ways to show support for cancer........if commando boobs in white tees is the only way to raise funds and awareness I think its time to hire a new PR team.
  • jewels319
    jewels319 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have to wear a bra otherwise they get in the way when I'm walking. :laugh:

If I dont wear a bra...they sway side to side and cause me to waddle!!!!!!! LMAO!!!!!!