Did anyone loss weight with eating anything they want???

Options

Replies

• booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I can lose weight--and have lost weight--eating anything I want, just not in whatever quantities I want.

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    so far so good
    just need the calorie deficit. when i exercise, i get to eat more. which i like
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    I eat what I want, I just don't eat as much of it as I would like. And I walk a lot, mostly so I can eat more.
  • ultrahoon
    ultrahoon Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Yes, I just ate less calories than I burned, which is the only way to lose weight.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I eat what I want, but I watch portion sizes. I also tend to prefer/want a reasonably balanced diet with lots of nutrient dense foods, as that's how I enjoy eating. But if I want pizza or Indian food or something else higher cal, I make it fit.

And yes, I exercise and also walk a decent amount in my daily life. Mostly because I enjoy it and feel better when I do, but I also know that I can eat more if I do.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Tastes definitely change over time. I eat what I want, but I also think white bread/starches taste bland compared to whole grains. I love how vegetables can make a plate look like a rainbow. My stomach feels pretty iffy if I eat high fat content red meat since it's not used to it anymore. But I've also been making changes to my intake since 2011, so that's 4 years of re-acclimation.

I still enjoy treats and if I really want the cookie, I eat the cookie. But I also work to make sure the cookie fits into my day. I rarely eat out because I love what I cook. If I'm craving something specific, like pizza, I find a phenomenal recipe for homemade pizza with goat cheese, onion, arugula, and turkey pepperoni and I love every bite. I love that I can make any food I want healthier and at a fraction of a cost (shout-out to pintrest for compiling everyone's fabulous healthy recipes at a click of a button).

This week, I wanted burgers so I made my own with reduced fat beef and aged sharp cheddar. I skipped the bun, because frankly it gets in the way of my meat and instead include a large serving of various vegetable dishes on the side.

When you stop thinking about healthier food as "diet food" and instead start looking at it as a sensory, enjoyable experience it really does change the definition of eating what you want, but it does take time to re-acclimate your palate so start making small changes over time (ie white bread to refined wheat bread to whole wheat, etc) can really make a difference for your future self and how you look at and enjoy food.

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    yes and no...do/did i allow myself "junk" type of food from time to time? yes. but over time, i also substantially changed my dietary habits. it was important to me that i change my dietary habits for nutritional and health reasons...also, i don't log or otherwise keep a diary and it's much easier to manage my calories when i'm eating a lot of whole, nutrient dense foods and preparing most of my meals at home with scratch, whole ingredients...it's obviously possible to overeat while still eating very well, but it's much harder to do, especially when you're also active.

yes, i do exercise...regular exercise is pretty essential to your general health and overall well being. it also makes weight management easier and being fit is pretty awesome just in general.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    I guess really the question all depends on the context intended.

But I have been through periods where I exercised no restrictions including portion control and maintained weight. I've found that my natural eating urges taper off at a certain point regardless of how much energy I use in a day. So if I have a job that is more taxing in a physical sense, or maybe if I was retired and spent a lot of time exercising, I do reach a point where my natural desires are enough.

And at times, it's made me realize that I somewhat miss having jobs that kept me in shape. It's almost like double dipping, being paid to exercise, unless you just hate the exercise portion of the job.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    How did you do it?? Did you exercise??

Yes, I do eat what I want to eat and exercise. I lost 44 pounds eating foods I love, and have been maintaining for two years.

The only thing required to lose weight is a calorie deficit.

The calorie deficit is for weight loss, exercise for fitness.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    You can eat whatever foods you want. You just have to limit their quantity. Calories in, calories out.

If you're hoping to lose weight eating however much you want, then I hate to break it to you, but exercise will not help with that. If you've gained the weight in the first place, then exercising more without limiting food intake will probably just lead to you feeling hungrier and eating even more.
  • duddysdad
    duddysdad Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I lost 160 pounds eating whatever I wanted. No exercise. Just stick to your calorie goal.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Yep I eat what I want as long as it is within my calories for that day (give or take a few over days) and I've lost 42lbs. My diary is open to all. I exercise about 5-6 times a week (mostly jogging and some weights).
  • toe1226
    toe1226 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    i have times where I choose to eat a "special food" - but in order for me to still be losing weight while I do that, I have to go seek out an individual portion of that food, go buy ONE slice of pizza, go to the grocery store and get one nice cookie, or one piece of chocolate. If i'm at a party where there is a whole pizza pie ora whole cake, I will not still lose weight because those foods make me want more of them, whereas I can stop myself from eating a whole chicken....its individual, but for me, sugar makes me want more sugar, so I tend to eat "real" foods, and now that I've eaten them for long enough, that is what I naturally tend to want, also.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I took a Very Good Chocolate Truffle from the receptionist's desk this morning. She dared me that I couldn't take just one. I took one. It was glorious.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Thursday nights is pizza night in our family, and I eat half a personal pan, thin crust.

But not every night is pizza night.
  • Carnhot
    Carnhot Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Yes, whatever I want as long as I stay within my calories. Exercise earns me more calories. I have found that what I want to eat has changed as my awareness of the calorie cost has grown. Some things are worth saving up for, though.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I took a Very Good Chocolate Truffle from the receptionist's desk this morning. She dared me that I couldn't take just one. I took one. It was glorious.

Yay!

I find that if I focus on things that are really worth it it's also easier to eat moderate portions, at least with something like a dessert item.
  • ChaseRichardson2015
    Options

I did i ate only 1200 calorie a day and drank water
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

I did i ate only 1200 calorie a day and drank water

You're a 16 year old male (I know your profile says edit..21 now, but you admitted 16 in another thread), the last thing you should be doing is eating as little as 1200 calories.....unless you're 3 and a half feet tall like my 7 year old.
  • alanahp93
    alanahp93 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want as long as its under calorie goal and its worked so far!
    Im not big on excercise but I do enjoy walking