Replies

• dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    cookies and indian sweets
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Salty foods!!! Doritos, barbeque chips with french onion dip and cheddar cheese and crackers!!!! These food definitely send me over the top.
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Sunflower seeds...although I wouldn't call them a trigger, just a food that I feel like I can eat non stop.

oh yes forgot about those things. I like the Barbeque and the Ranch. I cannot do anything when I eat them, answer the phone, cook dinner, feed the dogs, nothing is getting done until I'm done with the seeds!!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Sweets but only when I'm PMSing, otherwise I do just fine having one cookie.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Anything that tastes really good. lol It's a will-power thing.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    Anything free....and carby. Or milk chocolatey. Or anything I don't usually eat. Or anything put in front of me. Or anything I end up standing in front of. :)
  • dkingdom1
    dkingdom1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'm finding that things are a trigger for me only if I tell myself it's a trigger. Otherwise, if my mind is fully occupied on something else, I won't really care for the other foods around. Things that I have made a trigger for myself:

-buying boxes of Oreos because I think it will make me feel better
    -having a plate of cookies, cakes, ice creams, etc.
    -pizza (very recently, as I haven't had any in a long time)
    -going to an event and I get less food than expected (weird right? )
    -having food in my bag and eating it just because it's in my bag

I spent the last week succumbing to ALL of these and it gets really hard to stp, even when I know I am wiped out and exhausted. Today is a better day though because I didn't create any triggers for myself (even though I got free coffee, fruit, and granola bars at school. Didn't care for the chips). What helped me was listening to my hunger signals because I feel like I'm getting better at it.

• VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Salty foods, like chips, Cheetos, or Cheez Its. I work around it by buying the lunch packs. It's not that I can't restrict my intake with them. I'd just rather not mess around with it. It's easier to just say, OK, this bag is 160 calories, I can fit that in.

It's interesting, but things like ice cream and chocolate don't do this. I find them very satisfying, so I am fine with small servings. They actually help me keep my deficit easier.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    Overall, I have pretty good self discipline. Until someone brings Nutella into the house. Then all bets are off!
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I forgot about salsa. I mean, I go out for Tex Mex several times a month, and I do moderate it... but I don't want to. I could just about drink salsa. I just limit myself to 10 chips at most (which is enough for me to finish a cup of salsa).
  • somegirlsdo
    somegirlsdo Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    peanut butter, nuts, chips, pretty much anything with lots of fat and salt
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Any alcohol except beer and drinks with pineapple or coconut.
  • mylittlerainbow
    mylittlerainbow Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    Trail mix. Nuts already get me going, but somehow the sweetness that's included in trail mix sends me over the top. It might be something I can never eat again the rest of my life, because there is no moderation available for me with that.