Options

Replies

• tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    gorymeraz wrote: »
    even lean proteins will make you gain more weight than a vegan diet eating the same amount of calories.

That is not possible, 1200 calories is 1200 calories no matter where it comes from, you just might have to eat more to reach 1200 calories from vegetables

no ma'am, a calorie is not a calorie.

No.

ETA: You are wrong.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    wow, people is dense.

if you put 2 people on a 2k diet, on of veggies and one on meat(deficit)

the meat one will lose weight, yes, but he would lose weight slower than the one in the veggies diet.

one would be hard pressed to eat 2K worth of veggies...and they would also be lacking nutritionally. vegans eat more than just veggies. i know fat vegetarians and fat vegans and fat omnivores.
  • Nikki10129
    Nikki10129 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    even lean proteins will make you gain more weight than a vegan diet eating the same amount of calories.

That is not possible, 1200 calories is 1200 calories no matter where it comes from, you just might have to eat more to reach 1200 calories from vegetables

Yes m'am, a calorie is a calorie, it is a unit of measurement.
  • Nikki10129
    edited December 2015
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    wow, people is dense.

the meat one will lose weight, yes, but he would lose weight slower than the one in the veggies diet.

one would be hard pressed to eat 2K worth of veggies...and they would also be lacking nutritionally. vegans eat more than just veggies. i know fat vegetarians and fat vegans and fat omnivores.

lol, like if eating only meat is healthy...

male vegans are in average 10-20lbs lighter than meat eaters, thats a fact.

Where did you obtain that fact?
    I was assuming you were talking about balanced diets, no one eats just vegetable and no one eats just meat because you would die in either situation
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    wow, people is dense.

if you put 2 people on a 2k cals diet, on of veggies and one of meat(both in a deficit)

ARE they?

We understand you are claiming that, but we disagree. You have not presented anything -- not even an argument or explanation as to how that would work -- that would support such a claim.

The TEF for meat tends to be among the highest.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    wow, people is dense.

male vegans are in average 10-20lbs lighter than meat eaters, thats a fact.

Please stop with the fallacies. 1, no one suggested ANYONE eat 100% meat as in your post. 2, a calorie is a calorie, and 3, people on equal calorie deficits will lose at the same rate barring other factors such as thyroid disease, personal metabolisms etc. Please take the time to learn.
  • lemurcat12
    Options
    wow, people is dense.

Who eats only (or even mostly) meat? Do you think we are all eating a traditional Inuit diet or something?
  • jgnatca
    Options
    Well, to avoid the kindergarten "yes you are", "no I'm not", we have to present facts, not opinions. Cite, please. I did.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options

No.

No.

no, im not.

Yes, you are. Insisting you're right, doesn't make it so. My kids wish!
  • Nikki10129
    edited December 2015
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »

Curious what you're asking me to cite? Because the article you are citing, by the abstract at least, defends my point

Edit: Apologies, for some reason when I first read the comment it said my username *facepalm*
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Vegetarians are all vampires who sneak into the rooms of fair maidens at night and steal their souls.

I mean since the standard set is that we only have to declare something and it's automatically true with no citations whatsoever
  • lemurcat12
    edited December 2015
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    wow, people is dense.

Who eats only (or even mostly) meat? Do you think we are all eating a traditional Inuit diet or something?

the example i put was a 2k cals diet of only veggies and of 2k only meat, he bash the veggies one but the one that was only meat.

u getting it?

It was a silly example that you gave. People don't eat just meat (well, very few do). You seem to think all veggies is healthy, so he pointed out it is not. No one here has asserted all meat is healthy. Trust me, I've argued against that claim in another thread.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    In other news... 12 inches of string is actually longer than 12 inches of wire.

Also somewhat surprisingly, A pound of feathers actually weighs more than a pound of bricks
  • jgnatca
    Options
    I think I'm debating a kidlet. Good night dear friends, and best of luck on shining dietary enlightenment on us all.