What to do with ground chicken?

Options
2»

Replies

• stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    If you like Thai food, Laab (or Larb, depending) is really good. So is ground chicken with holy basil.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I found a recipe for Asian chicken meatballs and I'm going to try that, thanks for all the suggestions!
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    So I make chicken cheese sticks. I take half a mozzarella stick and cover it in ground chicken. Then dip in and egg and cover with gluten free bread crumbs. I fry in a bit of oil or the deep fryer. Bit calorie heavy, but a nice treat once in a while.
  • AMRROL
    AMRROL Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I make nuggets - 1lb ground chicken mixed with 2 shredded zucchini or squash with all of the water squeezed out. Mix with an egg and seasoning and bread. Bake on a rack at 425 for about 18 mins. We flash freeze so I have them in the freezer all the time. w8fx5zxh0huq.jpg

Asian meatballs are really good too. Skinnytaste has an awesome recipe, but I add 1T honey to the dipping sauce.

Are those chex mix in the nuggets?
  • ekruska802
    ekruska802 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Try these meatballs! They call for ground turkey but you could probably use ground chicken. These are so good! http://www.ottolenghi.co.uk/turkey-and-sweetcorn-meatballs-with-roasted-pepper-sauce-method-shop
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I make chicken meatballs with ground chicken. In my family we use it for burgers, chili, and sometimes pasta.
  • Tinawood40
    Tinawood40 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Chicken sliders
  • DizzyMissIzzy
    DizzyMissIzzy Posts: 168 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Hah! I was gonna say tacos right off the bat but I just saw that it is what you already used it for. Sliders are great, I'm making turkey burgers tomorrow with whole wheat buns and avocado, red onion, and tomato!
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    WTF? Is that Chex cereal in there?
    Cheapest way to make gluten free breadcrumbs. I don't always blend it 100% or it ends up too fine.

http://ourgffamily.com/2012/03/gluten-free-on-budgetgf-breadcrumbs.html/

@AMRROL
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    I make nuggets - 1lb ground chicken mixed with 2 shredded zucchini or squash with all of the water squeezed out. Mix with an egg and seasoning and bread. Bake on a rack at 425 for about 18 mins. We flash freeze so I have them in the freezer all the time. w8fx5zxh0huq.jpg

Asian meatballs are really good too. Skinnytaste has an awesome recipe, but I add 1T honey to the dipping sauce.

That is such a great idea!
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    Make chicken burritos. That's an idea I've been playing with. I top burritos with taco sauce and pico de gallo. Its the healthiest thing I make.
  • Rabidrunner
    Rabidrunner Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I made a chiles rellanos casserole the other night - delish! Sort of followed this recipe (I'm not a big one for following recipes to the letter, I get creative half way through):

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/chiles-rellenos-casserole-0

Instead of adding the milk/egg/flour mix I just stirred some chopped tomatoes into the chicken/bean/spice mix. Oh and jalapenos. And serranos. Added a bunch of those little suckers too.