Join me in the sprint to Christmas!

Options

Replies

• jenniferannebarth208
    Options
    Becky_44 wrote: »
    How are we doing? It's been a rough day for me, tough time at work and all I want is beer and pizza. But I'm not gonna do it! Must resist!

Yay for resisting!
    I ended up having a soda which I'd hoped to skip. Been having it more lately working the store. All it does is makes me want more sugar. But I did pass on pizza my husband offered me, so that was a good thing. Rather slow at the store, with little sleep the 4 and a half hours will be challenging for me. But still aiming to keep my calorie goal on target.

• jenniferannebarth208
    Options
    Hi everyone! "Sprint to Christmas" what a great idea and this group seems like a lovely supportive thread to help us get there! I've just downloaded the my fitness pal app today so I'm a new but looking forward to joining you guys!
  • mtjohnston42
    mtjohnston42 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! "Sprint to Christmas" what a great idea and this group seems like a lovely supportive thread to help us get there! I've just downloaded the my fitness pal app today so I'm a new but looking forward to joining you guys!

Welcome everyone!
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Quitting! Quitting! I don't think so!
  • mameo
    mameo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Day 3 still going! Yippee!
  • mec2012a
    mec2012a Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Count me in, I have 8 days to go. Thanks
  • Flybeetle
    Flybeetle Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Fail yesterday, 200+ calories over, but today my back is ok and I've got my workout in: 5km run should ensure I'll stay under today..!
  • mtjohnston42
    Options
    How's everyone doing?? The hardest part of the day for me is coming up. Early evening! We got this.

Anyone want to share their exercise for the day? I did a 30 minute high intensity strength workout from the men's health program called "anarchy"
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Sounds like an awesome idea. I'll start even if it is late. Dec 16 - I did 45 min MMA fitness and 60 min BJJ. I actually didn't eat enough today, and what I did eat wasn't the best, but we went to a chicken takeout place and instead of get potato I got grilled veg as I am trying to stay low carb to cut weight for competition.

I am working tonight so there is no food here to tempt me, but sadly also no good food that I could eat to meet the minimum requirement. The odd day like this won't kill me and I will be back to eating properly tomorrow!
  • JaanaNuku
    JaanaNuku Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ok so I'm making my ginger bread house tonight... I will allow myself a glass of wine IF i feel like it (already accounted for in my diary) but how not to eat all the snacks while building my house!!!
  • JaanaNuku
    Options
    How's everyone doing?? The hardest part of the day for me is coming up. Early evening! We got this.

Anyone want to share their exercise for the day? I did a 30 minute high intensity strength workout from the men's health program called "anarchy"

I slept in today - oopsie - so no morning exercise today but went to the skate park last night and going to 'off season training' today. We'll probably play Roller hockey or something fun like that :)

Planning on going for a crossfit session tomorrow morning before work. *setting alarm right now*

Well done on your high intensity workout today - my favourite type of workout!
  • momallnight
    momallnight Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I came home from work and ate a lean dinner and did 1/2 of an insanity workout. Now I'm relaxing. Burned 400 calories @ work too going up the stairs. Feeling hopeful
  • mtjohnston42
    Options
    Nice job everyone! Our relatives will love the kind of energy we'll all have come Christmas from 10 days of living a healthy lifestyle. Who knows, we may love it so much it'll be worth keepin' on once those presents are unwrapped and a day of eggnog is consumed ;)
  • bri170lb
    Options
    JaanaNuku wrote: »
    Ok so I'm making my ginger bread house tonight... I will allow myself a glass of wine IF i feel like it (already accounted for in my diary) but how not to eat all the snacks while building my house!!!

Uhhhhhh....duct tape over your mouth? :smiley:
  • bri170lb
    Options
    So, last night I burned my hand pretty badly by grabbing a hot pot. Duh!?! I have about 4 inches worth of blisters on my thumb and forefinger.

I took a hour long brisk walk instead of my scheduled weight lifting. I am within my calorie goal including 2 very yummy homemade gingerbread cookies.

I hope everyone has a good, solid plan for tomorrow. Take the time to set yourselves up for success. You are worth it and the 7 more days of our commitment is going to just breeze by!
  • JaanaNuku
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »

Yes great idea - I think this might be necessary! ;)
  • JaanaNuku
    Options
    I came home from work and ate a lean dinner and did 1/2 of an insanity workout. Now I'm relaxing. Burned 400 calories @ work too going up the stairs. Feeling hopeful

Insanity- ugh good on you!! That is some tough workout!
  • bri170lb
    Options
    bri170lb wrote: »

Yes great idea - I think this might be necessary! ;)

Of course there is the tried and true...pick the very best piece or two and log it! The duct tape hurts so much when you have to get it off!

I baked 14 dozen cookies today and had 2 with a cup of black coffee! Hello! Awesome!
  • tigerleelee
    tigerleelee Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love this thread y'all are awesome. Definitely needed the motivation tonight. I only got my 15 minutes of yoga in this morning before starting a hectic work day. Already set my alarm for an early morning weight lifting, stair climbing Cardio blast followed by hot sauna.

We can do this!