Join me in the sprint to Christmas!

Options

Replies

• mtjohnston42
    mtjohnston42 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Ok finally off to bed for me. I generally work out at home but tomorrow I decided to sign up for a 6am cross training class so I better get some sleep! Another day down and another day closer to our goal! Great work all.
  • Becky_44
    Becky_44 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I didn't have soda today but had a couple drinks tonight with my son and daughter in law. I really want to cut out drinking for good. It's only been just over a year that it's been a part of my life since having kids. Anyhow, my son joined mfp he's aosta at a 50 pound loss, he's a great encourager so excited about it.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Todays food is prepped. Exercise is weights class tonight and scrubbing the anaconda cage this afternoon. Slept late due to working until 3am and need to do some shopping and then get hair cut on the way to work. I normally try and get a swim in on Thursday mornings, but with 2 extra late nights, 7 days of work and 8+ hours at sea this week, I think I can safely miss a training session or two.

What are your plans for the day?
  • mtjohnston42
    Options
    Becky_44 wrote: »
    I didn't have soda today but had a couple drinks tonight with my son and daughter in law. I really want to cut out drinking for good. It's only been just over a year that it's been a part of my life since having kids. Anyhow, my son joined mfp he's aosta at a 50 pound loss, he's a great encourager so excited about it.

Baby steps! Just focus on the short term goals at hand for right now. Tracking and hitting your food goal until December 24th, and working out 3 times a week. Shorter goals bigger long term gains!
  • mtjohnston42
    edited December 2015
    Options
    And we all thought 10 days would be easy! It's not, especially this time of year. But is it worth it? Heck yes it is! You'll be so proud of what you accomplished next week.
  • citylife624
    citylife624 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    So I did have ONE cider and shared nachos with three other people. I still ended up below my calorie goal!!!

@mtjohnston42 Thanks for the tip! I prepared by saying to myself, "you're not being deprived. Be sensible. Eat the nachos with the least amount of cheese and the most veggies on them and only one cider." Did that and I feel so good about myself today. I love hard cider, and it really helped for me to look at the sugar in them to limit myself to just one.
  • Becky_44
    Options

Baby steps! Just focus on the short term goals at hand for right now. Tracking and hitting your food goal until December 24th, and working out 3 times a week. Shorter goals bigger long term gains!

You're right! I got off track there didn't i? Lol. Thanks for the reminder! I still have a good week, to feel better and lose water weight. And I'm hoping to finish c25k as well. So off to run now, we'll see what I get done!
  • Palmtrees22
    Palmtrees22 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be part of this support group! The holiday season always has temptations, but with good eating and some exercise we'll all start the new year on the right foot
  • mtjohnston42
    Options

You're right! I got off track there didn't i? Lol. Thanks for the reminder! I still have a good week, to feel better and lose water weight. And I'm hoping to finish c25k as well. So off to run now, we'll see what I get done!

That's what I'm here for! ;)
  • mtjohnston42
    Options
    Nbloom122 wrote: »
    I'd love to be part of this support group! The holiday season always has temptations, but with good eating and some exercise we'll all start the new year on the right foot

Welcome!
  • Becky_44
    Options
    I completed week 8 day 3 of c25k! Pretty happy about that, I didn't have much confidence with how I felt this morning but I didn't care I just pushed through it and it turned out to be a great run! So I have the full 5k next and then it will be completed!
    Off to have a great rest of my day, hope you all do as well!
  • mtjohnston42
    Options
  • mtjohnston42
    Options
    Nice!
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Todays food is prepped. Exercise is weights class tonight and scrubbing the anaconda cage this afternoon. Slept late due to working until 3am and need to do some shopping and then get hair cut on the way to work. I normally try and get a swim in on Thursday mornings, but with 2 extra late nights, 7 days of work and 8+ hours at sea this week, I think I can safely miss a training session or two.

What are your plans for the day?

Wow! All I'm doing today is running on the treadmill. I guess I need to step it up a little! :smiley:
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    So I did have ONE cider and shared nachos with three other people. I still ended up below my calorie goal!!!

@mtjohnston42 Thanks for the tip! I prepared by saying to myself, "you're not being deprived. Be sensible. Eat the nachos with the least amount of cheese and the most veggies on them and only one cider." Did that and I feel so good about myselftoday. I love hard cider, and it really helped for me to look at the sugar in them to limit myself to just one.

That feeling is gold. It's what will carry you through to VICTORY!
  • mameo
    mameo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    OK, so this is the longest I think I have been consistent with a challenge. This is a great group for motivation! I went Christmas shopping last night and didn't get to walk my normal 3 miles, but actually woke up early with my husband and we both exercised on the treadmill. He's a runner, so he ran and I walked. Felt good afterwards, but mornings and I have that love/hate relationship LOL Day 4 is good calories wise as well. Thanks mtjohnston42 for getting this group started :-)
  • mtjohnston42
    Options
    mameo wrote: »
    OK, so this is the longest I think I have been consistent with a challenge. This is a great group for motivation! I went Christmas shopping last night and didn't get to walk my normal 3 miles, but actually woke up early with my husband and we both exercised on the treadmill. He's a runner, so he ran and I walked. Felt good afterwards, but mornings and I have that love/hate relationship LOL Day 4 is good calories wise as well. Thanks mtjohnston42 for getting this group started :-)

Congrats on sticking with it! We're all in this together. Especially in our moments of weakness! Way to get after it.
  • mtjohnston42
    Options
    You guys another day down!! How are we doing? I'm off to bed wiped after a long workday and an intense early morning workout session. Time to get refreshed to do it again tomorrow! And guess what? Less than a week left! How do you feel?
  • mec2012a
    mec2012a Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I stayed below 1200 calories yesterday and today. Ran a 5k yesterday and today. Thanks for the motivation. I really needed some help to get going again. I was down 50 pounds since 3 years ago, but the weight had been creeping back. Thanks again for the push.
  • monrbrown730
    monrbrown730 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am ready! Just because Christmas is here does not mean I'm allowing myself to fall off track.