Food Combining

124»

Replies

• erikarobles
    erikarobles Posts: 205 Member
    Just don't mix milk based products with hard alcohol. That's my only rule.

OMG have you ever had a colorado bulldog or a white russian????? DELISH!!!! lol
  • BlackTimber
    BlackTimber Posts: 230 Member
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Oh my goodness gracious. This is not what I thought it would be about at all. Diabetics are instructed to get at least two and preferably three food groups in at every meal. Each food type is absorbed at a different rate so the combination gives the diabetic a nice steady supply of glucose (which it is all turned in to eventually). People without diabetes control this reaction with naturally occurring insulin.

The other type of food combining I recall is combining various types of vegetable proteins (amino acids) to make a more "complete" protein in a meal. But I've read recently this careful combining is bunkum. Our bodies are pretty good at taking whatever we shake at them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protein_combining

What many people don't know is that a Non-Diabetic person has nearly an equal insulin response to protein as they do to carbohydrates. IMO it is important for diabetic people to consume a combination of foods together is because of that "normal" insulin response. Along with the slowing of the overall digestion.

I do not think that there is any great health benefit to careful food combining. I have tried it and what I realized is that I feel better when eating as simply as possible. No magic, no more energy, no more fat loss or gain. I do not dwell on food combining in the least, but I can tell if the combination I just ate isn't that great.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Honestly, the first thing I thought on reading that list was that it indicated food-related disordered thinking, i.e. the thoughts of one who might have struggled with - or be struggling with - an eating disorder.
  • Ironman162
    Ironman162 Posts: 9 Member
    Ive had success with the following:
    1) Banana and yogurt
    2) Blue berries and walknuts
    3) Chicken and Avocado.

I found the food above compliments each other so that the body absorbs it better. This in turn makes that you feel full and satisfied longer.

Effectively I eat less over the course of a day and hence maintaining my weight.

I don't profess to know a lot about it its just how I am experiencing it.

Believe it or not but red wine and Almonds combine well as does Strawberries with dark chocolate as a rare treat....

I've lost 33kg and have managed to maintain it for my 5th year!
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Mix. Everything.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    I eat what I want in any combination I want.
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Sometimes all these rules of eating can just make a person paralyzed :D
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Sometimes all these rules of eating can just make a person paralyzed :D

I think that is the reason it works, it it works.

Smh.

Everything we eat turn into *kitten* anyway.