Week 1 - 30 Day Shred (June 1st Group)

Options

Replies

• bex481
    bex481 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Level 2 day 4 done. I had to mute it this time and put on music. I just couldn't listen to her tell me that its a 20 minute workout so I have work hard. Lol

I still am not all that in love with level 2...don't know why. Oh well 6 more days and on to level 3!
  • Tereztaylor07
    Options
    My shoulders and back are definitely feeling Level 2. I think I enjoy it just a bit more than Level 1. I must be a weirdo lol.
  • femmecyclist
    femmecyclist Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I stopped doing it on the 3rd day of level one (things got busy, I hit my knee on a moving truck - blah blah ;)), so I've restarted as of this Sunday (the 12th). You can take me off the list or keep me on if you want!
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies,
    Tracking question for you! Tomorrow is our weigh/measure in day, it will also, for me, be day 1 of my TOM. What i'm wondering is, do you all just measure/weigh as normal, or do you wait for a more accurate day?
    Thanks!
  • SandersWifey
    SandersWifey Posts: 387
    Options
    Hey ladies,
    Tracking question for you! Tomorrow is our weigh/measure in day, it will also, for me, be day 1 of my TOM. What i'm wondering is, do you all just measure/weigh as normal, or do you wait for a more accurate day?
    Thanks!
    I would wait to measure. But that's just me, because I know that I swell up huge when it's TOM and wouldn't want to discourage my self w measurements. I did however do my wiegh in when it was TOM and that didn't mess with the scale much, if any. I still lost weight. You know your body best!
  • shiseido_faerie
    Options
    Hey ladies,
    Thanks!
    I would wait to measure. But that's just me, because I know that I swell up huge when it's TOM and wouldn't want to discourage my self w measurements. I did however do my wiegh in when it was TOM and that didn't mess with the scale much, if any. I still lost weight. You know your body best!

Thanks, that was sort of my line of thinking...weigh, but wait a few days to measure.
  • angie_pangie
    angie_pangie Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have completed day 13, going to do day 14 when DS is napping.

Yesterday was rough but I pushed through it. I had a pain in my leg so doing any lunge/squat type exercise sucked! I definitely didn't give it my all. Hopefully today is better. I am going to try and get some Level 1 in tonight as well. It is rainy weather here this week so it doesn't look like I will be getting out much. :(
  • ShrinkingStephanie
    Options
    So the plan I had in my head was 10 workouts on each level before moving on... after my 10th session on L1 I felt ready to move on. I did. I failed. Completely utterly failed. I don't know if its because in addition to moving up to L2 I decided to add in cardio on my elliptical and 7 min of intense situps before hand or if L2 is just that hard for me.

I'm very discouraged. What should I do? Keep at L1 for a few more solid days with the addition of cardio then try L2 again? Its occurs to me that I'm better off completing a full well done L1 that is still challenging than doing a half-assed L2.

For those of you that add extra cardio. Are you doing it before or after the video?

Feeling discouraged... :(
  • SandersWifey
    Options
    So the plan I had in my head was 10 workouts on each level before moving on... after my 10th session on L1 I felt ready to move on. I did. I failed. Completely utterly failed. I don't know if its because in addition to moving up to L2 I decided to add in cardio on my elliptical and 7 min of intense situps before hand or if L2 is just that hard for me.

I'm very discouraged. What should I do? Keep at L1 for a few more solid days with the addition of cardio then try L2 again? Its occurs to me that I'm better off completing a full well done L1 that is still challenging than doing a half-assed L2.

For those of you that add extra cardio. Are you doing it before or after the video?

Feeling discouraged... :(

I think that L2 is way hard.
    Maybe give it one more try.:smile:
    If it is still to hard to get through then I would go back to L1 for a few more days.
    I think that your right and that a good hard workout at L1 is better than half of one at L2
    Maybe really push yourself at L1 for the next few days the try L2 again

Also! I have seen alot of post on different threads where plenty of people stay on one level or another for two weeks even a month! So just keep it up...whatever the level!! :bigsmile:

*Oh and I do other cardio...I just always do the Shred first just to get it out of the way because I basically hate Jillian's voice! :laugh:
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Level 2 day 3 done. Really works the lower abs! I'm feeling it!
  • OBXoceansoul
    OBXoceansoul Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Day 3 level 2 done. I was so disapointed yeaterday that I broke my promise to myself to do this 30 days straight but family and home took over yesterday, but I'm back at it now and will try to do the rest of it straight through. One good thing came out of it though my knee feels so much better for the break from the video.
  • SandersWifey
    Options
    L2 D4 today...half way done tomorrow!! :bigsmile:
  • Jessicapages
    Jessicapages Posts: 427
    Options
    D6 L1.. 217 calories burned with the Shred.....550 calories burned walking 85 min in the park with Sophia.
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Level 2 day 5, done!!! Half way there, Cant wait to see what level 3 has to torture me with :huh: Today was hard, It has been rainy and dark here in Vermont for days, makes me tired and I have little energy, but I made it through... What a group, thanks for helping me stay motivated:flowerforyou:
  • ssstephanie1715
    ssstephanie1715 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Measured and weighed in this morning

Total weight loss: 3lbs
    Total inches loss: 7.5 plus a gain of .7 in arms

SW: 188
    CW: 185
    Arms 12.3 - 13.0
    Waist (smallest part) 34 - 32
    Belly (belly button) 43 - 40
    Hips 49 - 48
    Legs 26.5 - 25

So happy about the results!
  • ssstephanie1715
    ssstephanie1715 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I keep thinking that I'm almost halfway done with this challenge. Then I remember I still have to go up to level 3. The result I'm getting keeps me going but I'm ready for this to be over.
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    L2D4 done.
  • shiseido_faerie
    Options
    Hey all

I wasn't going to weigh/measure today as it's day 1 of my TOM and I usually go up about 4 or 5lbs and bloat like mad, but...curiousity got the better of me, and I was so pleasantly surprised by the results I had to share! If that's me with first day bloat i'll take it!!

Starting weight: 126.3
    June 8 weight: 127.4
    june 15 weight: 126.6

Starting waist: 29
    June 8 waist: 28
    June 15 waist: 27

Starting belly: 34 (where pants sit)
    June 8 belly: 33
    June 15 belly: 32

Starting hips: 37
    June 8 hips: 36
    June 15 hips: no change, 36

No change in arms or thighs.

It's so crazy! A full inch for each week, I measured like 4 times. Thrilled, just the stort of motivation that keeps you going.
    Looking forward to seeing everyone elses results today! Everyone is doing such a great job!
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    6/8
    Waist 37
    Hips 39
    bf 40
    left leg21.37

Left arm 11.34
    Weight 173

Waist 36.5 loss os .50
    Hips 38 loss of 1.0
    belly 39 loss of 1.0
    Left arm 11.75 right arm11
    Left leg 21.34 right leg22
    Weight 173
    total loss is 2 inches, no weight.
    ill take it.
  • SandersWifey
    Options
    Lost .8 pounds this past week
    Last week 151.6
    CW:150.8

Still haven't lost any inches :sad:
    Really getting a little frustrated over that :grumble:

Oh also finished D5 L2 this morning....HALFWAY DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!