Where are my macro counters at?!

Options
2»

Replies

• DizzyMissIzzy
    DizzyMissIzzy Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    bellaa_x0 wrote: »
    most trainers don't have any education in nutrition so i would just be mindful of that

Yeah, I tend to be pretty wary of things like that. That was most of my motivation for finding a support group on here for helping me make sure I keep things in line with my goals!

While I have no doubt that there are tons of trainers who have no idea what they're doing as far as nutrition goes, seeing as it's 70-80% of the results of weightloss and getting fit, you'd think it'd be different. One can hope, right?
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    Give me 10 dietitians have them write out a diet for the same one person and they will all be different...lol.. If I'm picking a personal trainer they will certainly practice what the are trying to sell me and look good damm good!! credentials are a plus but when I took the ACE Personal training certification back in the 80's it was all about nutrition and the general health of a person I think there was one question that had to do with lifting.. It was a joke but then so was Balley's...

• DizzyMissIzzy
    Options
    Give me 10 dietitians have them write out a diet for the same one person and they will all be different...lol.. If I'm picking a personal trainer they will certainly practice what the are trying to sell me and look good damm good!! credentials are a plus but when I took the ACE Personal training certification back in the 80's it was all about nutrition and the general health of a person I think there was one question that had to do with lifting.. It was a joke but then so was Balley's...

This is very true. Unless you know every thing there is to know about a person's body, finding the "perfect" nutritional balance is more a game of trial and error. I think that's where we are at now, just trying to figure out what will work best and messing with variables to jump my metabolism around a bit.
  • Veronique_337
    Veronique_337 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm 27, 5'3, and 296.3 lbs, I used to weigh 345 lbs. My goal is to reach about 140 lbs, so I have a long way to go! I used to just focus on calories. But once I discovered that counting macros would influence my body composition and not just how much I weigh, I definitely wanted to try it.

My macros:
    Calories: 1979
    Carbs: 214g
    Protein: 157g
    Fat: 55g

Since, I'm so overweight, my protein is based on my LBM, not weight. My fat, I've decided to keep at 25%. This past week I've found it hard to eat enough to fulfill my calories without going over any one macro too much. Especially on days where I lift and my macros and cals are higher. But, I'm still learning.

I'll be adding you as a friend in a second! :smile:
  • DizzyMissIzzy
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm 27, 5'3, and 296.3 lbs, I used to weigh 345 lbs. My goal is to reach about 140 lbs, so I have a long way to go! I used to just focus on calories. But once I discovered that counting macros would influence my body composition and not just how much I weigh, I definitely wanted to try it.

My macros:

Since, I'm so overweight, my protein is based on my LBM, not weight. My fat, I've decided to keep at 25%. This past week I've found it hard to eat enough to fulfill my calories without going over any one macro too much. Especially on days where I lift and my macros and cals are higher. But, I'm still learning.

I have the same problem, and with healthy food it's SO MUCH FOOD to eat so many calories for me! If it was junk it'd be easy, but that's not an option for me!

Thanks for the friendship!

I just changed my numbers down to

C:200g
    P:160g
    F:45g

Which is more like 1700-1800 calories which is a little more doable for me but still hard! Hehe. We can definitely help each other out if you'd like!
  • JocelynDeshane
    JocelynDeshane Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi!

My macros:

I have the same problem, and with healthy food it's SO MUCH FOOD to eat so many calories for me! If it was junk it'd be easy, but that's not an option for me!

Which is more like 1700-1800 calories which is a little more doable for me but still hard! Hehe. We can definitely help each other out if you'd like!

Who's your trainer I'm trying to find a good one!
  • ericGold15
    ericGold15 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Silly amount of protein, but it will not hurt you. Half that amount would be a lot more than adequate
  • DizzyMissIzzy
    edited December 2015
    Options
    ericGold15 wrote: »
    Silly amount of protein, but it will not hurt you. Half that amount would be a lot more than adequate

You think so? I am still new to this, but I do work out a lot and we're trying to tone and build some good muscle! It's around my bodyweight, well, a little over (149--though I'm probably less now, I'm not supposed to weigh in till the 10th of January) and I had heard a gram of protein per pound of body fat was the ideal. Is that not the case? :smiley:
  • DizzyMissIzzy
    Options
    Hi!

My macros:

Who's your trainer I'm trying to find a good one!

I'm working with someone through Gold's Gym and PrimeFitness :)