Replies

• paulandrachelk
    paulandrachelk Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Tall black. 0 cals
  • suzan06
    suzan06 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I don't know if Starbucks specifically does this, but my local coffee shop will brew chai tea in steamed milk if you ask. I like chai, but the standard mixes have so much sugar! Brewed in plain milk, even whole milk (which I am sure they use as the default) is yummy and still feels like a treat.
  • YeaYeaPueblo
    YeaYeaPueblo Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Iced green tea, or hot. Depending on the time of year.
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Grande Americano with Splenda, no cream is my usual and when I want to splurge a bit a tall nonfat flat white.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    tall americano with a pump of caramel sweetner
  • Rabidrunner
    Rabidrunner Posts: 117 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Welllll, this is timely. I had Starbucks today for the first time since starting back on here, just got a plain old latte instead of my preferred sugar bomb. Even so, it consumed most of my sugar count for the day thanks to all the milk, and I ended up over in calorie count for the day too - by pretty much the exact calorie count of the latte. In hindsight I would have just nixed the latte altogether and stuck to my French press and splash of milk and been right on my calorie goal.

You live, you learn. Coffee just ain't worth taking the caloric place of food in my opinion.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting something from Starbucks for a month, since weather has gotten cold. I don't like regular coffee or tea, so I've avoided it to save calories for holiday food.
  • kayberr89
    kayberr89 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Double shot of espresso with whipped cream <3
  • TxLisa251
    TxLisa251 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Green tea.
  • CoffinQTee
    CoffinQTee Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Kinda off subject, but also coffee related I wanted to get my protein in, in the morning has anyone every mixed their protein powder with their brewed coffee?
  • Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I know this is a little off topic but.. To answer the above question-
    My local health foods shop sells 'protein coffee'.

20g whey per serving.
    It seems a bit of a gimmick though because I see no reason you couldn't actually flavour the coffee with flavoured protein... Never tried it though.. Yet!
  • TechAaronLoyd
    TechAaronLoyd Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Sez3199 wrote: »
    Welllll, this is timely. I had Starbucks today for the first time since starting back on here, just got a plain old latte instead of my preferred sugar bomb. Even so, it consumed most of my sugar count for the day thanks to all the milk, and I ended up over in calorie count for the day too - by pretty much the exact calorie count of the latte. In hindsight I would have just nixed the latte altogether and stuck to my French press and splash of milk and been right on my calorie goal.

You live, you learn. Coffee just ain't worth taking the caloric place of food in my opinion.

A non-fat latte is not so bad...
    It's my go to these days.
  • TechAaronLoyd
    Options
    CoffinQTee wrote: »
    Kinda off subject, but also coffee related I wanted to get my protein in, in the morning has anyone every mixed their protein powder with their brewed coffee?
    I have wanted to but have not. I might just try it tomorrow and let you know how it goes...
  • CoffinQTee
    Options

20g whey per serving.
    It seems a bit of a gimmick though because I see no reason you couldn't actually flavour the coffee with flavoured protein... Never tried it though.. Yet!

Yeah that's what I was thinking too a chocolate protein powder with coffee I figured might taste like a mocha?
  • CoffinQTee
    Options
    I have wanted to but have not. I might just try it tomorrow and let you know how it goes...

Yeah that's what I was thinking too a chocolate protein powder with coffee I figured might taste like a mocha? If you try it, I'd definitely be interested in how it turns out
  • TechAaronLoyd
    Options

20g whey per serving.

Yeah that's what I was thinking too a chocolate protein powder with coffee I figured might taste like a mocha?
    That's what I am going to use tomorrow. Chock!
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,986 Member
    Options
    Since I don't like sugar in my coffee, and since I don't need more than an ounce of half-and-half (40 calories) in my grande quad americanos, and since I don't see anything unhealthy about a cup or so of milk if I have a latte, almost everything I have at Starbucks I would consider "healthy." My iced americanos and cold brews I usually drink black; occasionally I have a straight espresso black. Very rarely as an indulgence I might have a chai tea latte, or a steamer (steamed milk flavored with whatever syrup I'm in the mood for) on a cold evening if I don't want caffeine.

My pet theory is that if you have to have sugar in your coffee or espresso drink, you should just admit that you don't really like coffee. :)
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    Healthy Starbucks sounds like an oxymoron. lol But I suppose it depends on what's in it.

Personally, I just drink black with milk, home brewed. I went to Starbucks once and quickly discovered it is way too strong for me. It makes me all jittery and my heart feels like it's a cartoon character in love, all pounding hard like it's going to jump right out of my chest. I drank half the cup and threw the rest away and it was a small.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    Venti Blonde roast. I need caffeine.
  • megjay18
    megjay18 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Venti dark roast or venti blonde - depending on my mood. usually just one splenda with a splash of half and half.