Old ME..Not a good me.

Options

Replies

• HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on you wonderful achievement. You look amazing and I love your views on balancing the physical and mental aspects of our lives to get the best from ourselves.

Wishing you all the best for your future goals.
  • Nina_Ekoko
    Nina_Ekoko Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on you wonderful achievement. You look amazing and I love your views on balancing the physical and mental aspects of our lives to get the best from ourselves.

Wishing you all the best for your future goals.

I appreciate your words- thank you. :)
  • Gwen_44
    Gwen_44 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great!!
  • Nina_Ekoko
    Options
    Thank you! :wink:
  • Mccmack
    Mccmack Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Average, ok, decent, needs work, these words do not come to mind when looking at that picture of you in that dress. You are gorgeous. Congratulations on your success and thanks for sharing. I hope you don't feel the need to be perfect, I just don't see how you can lose 10 pounds especially if you get stronger.
  • Nina_Ekoko
    Options
    Mccmack wrote: »
    Average, ok, decent, needs work, these words do not come to mind when looking at that picture of you in that dress. You are gorgeous. Congratulations on your success and thanks for sharing. I hope you don't feel the need to be perfect, I just don't see how you can lose 10 pounds especially if you get stronger.

Thank you very much- someone else wrote me a message also saying the same thing- about the 10 lbs. My goal is more about how I feel than the number on the scale. I think perfection varies from person to person, but you are right, I don't/shouldn't strive for perfection. I strive for perseverance and dedication- I compete with my old self and most importantly I have learned how to enjoy life. I still have my fat areas :) thank you for your support and kind words. I appreciate it.

• momallnight
    momallnight Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job. So inspiring. U go girl
  • msunat97
    msunat97 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    wow!!!
  • Nina_Ekoko
    Options
    Thanks all so much!
  • JustaJoe00
    JustaJoe00 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    wow! I like your story...it really isn't just about the pounds...Thanks for sharing, and you look awesome!
  • katzunghope
    katzunghope Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Nina_Ekoko wrote: »
    b2zg4jma9uzf.jpg

I know when we think of success stories, we think of " I was fat now im skinny". Which, why lie, is the goal for most of us. I learned that a success story is not only about the physical.. but that it's about the emotional and mental well being as well.

Here is my transformation.
    The photo on the left shows me at about 175. I am 5'7". I got as heavy as 180, but never took photos. This photo shows me at my worst. I was depressed, alone, unhappy, mean, bitter, and always hiding behind something or someone.

I learned to love myself little by little... and with that love, came a healthier, happier life. As a bonus the lbs just started coming off. The photo on the right is me a year and a half later. My results came from a paleo lifestyle, heavy lifting, and meditation, for my soul.

Now I am happy- and healthy. I have 5-10 lbs left to lose, and a lot of toning. But i like myself, i am comfortable in my skin, which is what matters.
    I have days where i go back, but i am thankful for my support system, and of course, you guys for keeping me accountable.

-Marina

Hey you look absolutely gorgeous! What was your exercise routine.....amd how many months did it take you to get these resuls?
  • Debmal77
    Debmal77 Posts: 4,770 Member
    Options
    wow...way to go! You look great!
  • slees21
    slees21 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    OMG. Great job. You're hot!
  • Nina_Ekoko
    Options
    lol! Thanks!!! :)
    slees21 wrote: »
    OMG. Great job. You're hot!
    I haven't been called hot in a while!! :)
  • magicsd
    magicsd Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! You look wonderful!
  • Nina_Ekoko
    Options
    Debmal77 wrote: »
    wow...way to go! You look great!
    magicsd wrote: »
    Thank you for sharing! You look wonderful!

THANK YOU! :)
  • suemcmurry
    suemcmurry Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your accomplishments! You look fantastic and you very happy and healthy!!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options

Gorgeous is the the right word for you
    Great job
  • prettywvmomma
    prettywvmomma Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    absolutely beautiful. ☺
  • JoeyTajzai
    JoeyTajzai Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    This is amazing. Honestly it seems like most of us are just trying to fix our physical selves and always forget about our mental health. It's so much more important honestly. It's what made me keep pushing, fixing my mentality and knowing why I was eating and what made me do it. Learning to love yourself for who you are and how you were created. Very inspiring.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!