"H20" Exploding the pounds - 10 Week Challenge - Week 7 & 8

Options

Replies

• Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    You guys are so awesome.. I love coming here and reading all the encouraging words and seeing your successes.. and even sharing in your difficult times, just so glad to be here!

April, great idea! I'd say my motto has been "more jogging and more logging" this whole time! Running has so changed my life and MFP has helped me get my head on straight and realize just what I've done to my body these last 20 years. So, for the rest of my life (and yes, I mean that) I will be "jogging and logging" so I can stay on track!!!! I may not always be entering half marathons or be at my ultimate goal weight, but I will be fit and healthy and happy!!!!! No more Fatty McFatPants for me!!!!!

Ok, so even though my hubby didn't make it home last night like we planned, he was home today for a bit! My happies for today are, my son got behind the wheel for the first time and did great, my workout tonight was awesome and I know I'm gonna be "good sore" tomorrow, and it's summertime!!!!! Yup, I'm that easy to please!!!!
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Thank you April, great motivational post.

I have't been getting weighed recently, but have recently stepped up my game, so fingers crossed when I do:)
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I've been totally MIA lately, so I apologize. I'm going to do my best to get back in the game this week. My first 5k is Sunday so I have a lot of work to do!
  • elysetoplin
    elysetoplin Posts: 253
    Options
    bump! i've been really MIA, too, so hopefully i'll be able to get back on track with everything this week!
  • Nikstergirl
    Options
    I've been totally MIA lately, so I apologize. I'm going to do my best to get back in the game this week. My first 5k is Sunday so I have a lot of work to do!

Good luck on your 5k!!!! So much fun....
  • Nikstergirl
    Options
    This week has been crazy! Nearly forgot about my neice's dance recital tonight... but fortunately I remembered and it was awesome! But, because of that, I didn't get in the workout I'd planned. I'm not going to stress about it, the rest of the weekend looks like it will be crazy busy, so I'll do what I can and pray that life slows down after Sunday!

Ok, need to hit the sack because I need to run before I head over to a friend's birthday party. Should be a great day!!! Hope the weather holds out.....
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    Hi my friends...checking in.
    This week has been a little crazy...getting mom in law settled then packing her up for the Michigan trip.
    We have arrived safely...family has already stopped in the 'granny party room' to say hi! It is cloudy and cold though. Hoping for some warmer weather. Wedding tomorrow...cannot wait!
    Happy weekend to all!

Linda:heart:
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    I too am sorry I've been MIA. Just been caught up in things and haven't had a chance to really get online and chat with everyone. I'll really try and get in here this weekend and really get back in touch with everyone. :)

Jenn - best of luck on your 5K this weekend! I'm so very excited for you.
  • Nikstergirl
    Options
    Got in a great 7 miles this morning!!! Then headed to a friend's 40th birthday party, which was really nice. Now we're home and I'm getting stuff together to throw an open house for another friend's daughter who graduated from high school. It was supposed to be a bunch of ladies from my Bible study group, but most of the planning has been done by me. There will be a couple people to help me tomorrow decorate and stuff, but I think I'm doing most of it. Oh well, guess it's alright, I don't mind helping, just didn't know I was going to be putting on the party practically by myself!!!! I'm really not that good a hostess... but beggars can't be choosers!

Hope you're all enjoying the weekend. Play hard!
  • CrystalS
    CrystalS Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing? I hope you all are catching some sun rays while you're walking/jogging. :wink:

I'm having an okay week. Nothing great, nothing terrible. :tongue:

I WANT/NEED to start P90X on Monday. Could someone please give me a hard kick in the backside to do this? I really want to in my head, but my body just says, "NOOOOOO" :grumble:

I did walk about 3 miles today. It was fast, uphill, down hill, straight....you name it, that's what the gravel road was. It felt so good though and I felt much better after I did that.

In a couple of weeks I'm supposed to be in a wedding....:noway: .....so I was getting measured this week for the lady to make my dress and she says, "Wow, you're a pretty hefty gal, aren't you?" :angry: :sad: :sad: I told her "I was just starting to feel pretty good about myself. I'm in size 12 now"--- -- Thanks a lot!!! :laugh: :laugh: Ugh, nothing like an elderly lady to put you back in your place and making you wake up to reality that you're still chubby. :laugh:

Anyway, I hope everyone is having a marvelous weekend.

Enjoy your Sunday!!! :flowerforyou:
  • JustJenn419
    JustJenn419 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement everyone!!! I finished my first 5k in record time. I was hoping to come in under 40 minutes and I CRUSHED it at 32:07 :)
  • Nikstergirl
    Options
    Crystal, sorry that lady took the wind out of your sails... remember how far you've come!!!! You're going to be smashing at the wedding!!!!

Jenn... GREAT job on the 5k!!! That's a great time!!!!

Well, the party I had to give today went really well!!! I am not a natural at hostessing, so I was pretty nervous about it. The decorations turned out good and there was plenty of food (I didn't do the food, thank goodness). Everyone had a good time and there was a nice turnout for the graduate!!!! I was just glad people showed up and seemed to have a good time.

Anyway... now that that's over... I'll get back on track. I didn't get a workout in today which irritates me, but I'll get over it. Next run will be three miles on Tuesday!!!! Maybe I'll actually get all my miles in this week!!!!
  • cazzincali
    cazzincali Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Memorial service - my kids did an amazing job. The hardest part was watching my 11 yr old give his eulogy. He stood on a chair with his older brother holding on to him and spoke from his heart, as only a child can. Lots of tears shed. But it was a celebration of his life. As people spoke... I wondered "Did this person even KNOW him?" It was last night when it hit me how we show different sides of who we are to different people...
  • AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    IF alll goes well, this ole lady may be pregnant by the end of the year.. I hope.. :) WE have officially decided to try for a family.. :) Talked to my hubby about what has been bothering me.
  • CrystalS
    Options
    Cazz - (((hugs))) Still praying for you and your children.

April - :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: That is SOOOO exciting!!! I hope it works out that way for you!!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Hope everyone is having a great Monday!! :flowerforyou:
  • CrystalS
    Options
    So I tried on my dress last night - remember the one for the wedding next week that I posted about a few posts back? and it has to be taken up at LEAST 4 inches. :noway: I'm talking at least 4 inches TOO BIG! :noway:

<Hump> Hefty, indeed!!!!

I was quite happy that it was too big though. :bigsmile: BTW, I lost 1.2 lbs this week. :bigsmile:

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday. Today is our oldest daughter's 7th birthday. They grow so fast!

Pink and Nikstergirl - SUPER job on the losses this week (according to the loss chart :wink: ) :happy: :happy:

Have a lovely day, Ladies!!!! I miss you guys! :ohwell:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • cazzincali
    Options
    Thanks, Crystal. Prayers are ALWAYS welcome and appreciated!!

But life must go on and I am getting ready to go on vacation! YAY! My brother has stepped up and asked Chad to go to the river with his family this weekend for a week. Which means his sister won't have to come stay at the house to watch him while I am gone. Chad is over the moon! It is amazing how my family has encircled him, knowing he will need male role models in his life. He needs to be able to do "guy things" that a mom just can't do. (My brother set up a "man cave" in their extra bedroom and told Chad he can watch all the sports he wants and burp and fart cuz there are no girls allowed in there!) :ohwell: Oh well - yeah - male role models!! :laugh:

So I am getting SO excited for my trip to Ohio! I love being able to see friends I grew up with. And I think I am closer to them now than I was way back when! PLUS - I will fit in the plane seat MUCH more comfortably than last year! :bigsmile:

I hope everyone is doing well! From reading the posts, it looks like it! :happy: Keep at it!!

And April - I wish you all the best with your prego plans!! :happy:
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    Hi girls...
    Sorry for the MIA...weekend quite busy with the trip to Michigan with the mom in law. She was a lot harder to take care of than I thought. But at least she got to see family.
    Now I am back to work...still on light duty, going to therapy 3 x week for my injury...can I count that as a workout? Haha!
    I just want to get well so I can work again. I am so not a light duty kind of gal.
    I have the Warrior dash this weekend...more like the warrior walk, but I am going to go through with it. Gonna look fine in my warior hat...

Happies...
    It's a nice day...
    My right shoulder is feeling better...
    I am cooking all week! (to much quick food while running back and forth to hospital the last few weeks)

Love to all!
    Congrats on the losses!
    Have a great visit with friends cazz!

Linda
  • Nikstergirl
    Options
    April... how exciting!!! Hope it all goes smoothly for you!

Crystal... I think that's amazing... way to show that cranky lady who's NOT hefty!!!! LOL!

Cazz... you are so strong. What a great brother you have as well, and I know your son will have an amazing time with his uncle!!

Linda... I'm glad you had fun in Michigan!!! Wasn't as warm as it could have been, but it was still a lovely weekend. It's actually a lot warmer today... surprise, surprise!!! Hope you get back to work soon, I hate being told what not to do too...

Ok, so I got in my three miles tonight. I was supposed to do them at about a 12 min pace, but it ended up closer to 11 min pace!!! I just can't seem to slow down!!! Which totally cracks me up because I never ran at all until a year ago. Life is strange, but I love this new athletic girl I'm turning into!!! My next big project is getting a new swimsuit. NOT my idea of fun, but if I don't get one I won't be able to swim at all this summer! The smallest on I had in my closet will fall off me!!! I know, I tried it on tonight... not cute, but major NSV that it was too big!!!

Anyway, have a great night... I still have to figure out a snack for all my calories left! I love it when I exercise. Eating back those calories feels like a freaking victory lap!!!!!
  • cazzincali
    Options
    So I tried on my dress last night - remember the one for the wedding next week that I posted about a few posts back? and it has to be taken up at LEAST 4 inches. :noway: I'm talking at least 4 inches TOO BIG! :noway:

<Hump> Hefty, indeed!!!!

I was quite happy that it was too big though. :bigsmile: BTW, I lost 1.2 lbs this week. :bigsmile:

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday. Today is our oldest daughter's 7th birthday. They grow so fast!

Pink and Nikstergirl - SUPER job on the losses this week (according to the loss chart :wink: ) :happy: :happy:

Have a lovely day, Ladies!!!! I miss you guys! :ohwell:

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I just love everything about this entire post!!! Crystal - you are absolutely gorgeous! Heck with people like that! What is it our mother's used to say? "If you can't say something nice..." :happy:

I second what she said Pink and Nikster!

Linda - Sounds like you had a great time! YAY! It is somehow always more difficult taking care of loved ones than patients... and I don't know why! Maybe it's because you knew what they USED to be able to do and can't seem to wrap your head around them NOT being able to do things! (Did that make ANY sense at all?!) :ohwell: