Over 100lbs Lost - My Story.

Options
I don't really ever remember not being the chubby girl growing up. I have been overweight since probably 3rd grade and I am now 25. I am a mother to 2 wonderful children and have been happily married to an amateur bodybuilder for years now. I never felt pressured to lose weight because I figured if my husband didn't complain, then who cares anyway?

Over the summer it all came crashing down. I was too fat to ride a roller coaster and I was so embarrassed I cried as people moaned and complained about being held up on the ride. I really took a look at myself in the mirror that night - fully nude - for the first time in many years.

I was disgusted. Not so much at how I looked but at myself for allowing my weight to get this out of control. I was over 300lbs. That was it, I had it with myself and completely overhauled my life. I began to prep my meals and immediately gave up coffee, soda and fast-food. I didn't cheat on my diet until I hit 50lbs lost because I was terrified I would end up binging.

I am SO proud to say that since May I have lost 116lbs and continue losing steadily. Now my results may seem drastic to many people but the reason they are so drastic is because I made drastic changes.

I admittedly don't do as much cardio as I should - pretty much walk my dog once a day and that's about it. I lift heavy and train hard 6 days a week - I even plan to compete in a few powerlifting meets next year!

I plan to keep updating this post with results and to answer any questions. No surgery, no shakes, no gimmicks. Hard work.

This is possible and you can do this, I promise.

Replies

• MsSquatAlot
    MsSquatAlot Posts: 238 Member
    Options
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Well done! And YAY for women that lift!!!
  • nail_polish
    nail_polish Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I started 5x5 two weeks ago. I have about 33% body fat and don't know what to expect from this program.

Did you eat at a deficit/maintenance/surplus? How many calories/day?
    Did you incorporate cardio? How much per day/week?

I am VERY impressed with your results. Congrats!
  • Swanson83
    Swanson83 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    This woman is such an inspiration! Seriously you have fought hard for each pound shed! You go girl! So happy you put your story up here!
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I know you've put in a lot of hard work! You are awesome and an inspiration! Congratulations.
  • smartaleca
    smartaleca Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You've done an amazing job. Plus, your posts are hilarious! Every time I read one, I bust up (gloves, etc.).
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    You are awesome! The pictures show how hard you worked.
    Keep taking care of yourself. <3
  • AbbottJames
    AbbottJames Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • LBL1986
    LBL1986 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    AWESOEME JOB!!!! Hard work really does pay off.

I've been scrolling through the success stories and your progress really inspired me to keep going!
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Omoe11
    Omoe11 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Great job! You should be proud...keep up the good work!
  • MsSquatAlot
    Options
    I started 5x5 two weeks ago. I have about 33% body fat and don't know what to expect from this program.

Did you eat at a deficit/maintenance/surplus? How many calories/day?
    Did you incorporate cardio? How much per day/week?

I am VERY impressed with your results. Congrats!

I focus on high protein, moderate carbs and low fat - try to stay under 1600/1700 calories. Cardio happens on occasion to be honest, haha. I walk my dog for about 30/45 minutes a day. I do intend to start upping the cardio soon though.
  • MsSquatAlot
    Options
    Swanson83 wrote: »
    This woman is such an inspiration! Seriously you have fought hard for each pound shed! You go girl! So happy you put your story up here!

Swanson, thank you so much for your kind words!! <3
  • TishGBW
    TishGBW Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Well done, you look great!
  • CourtLHM
    CourtLHM Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Swanson83 wrote: »

I totally agree!! Awesome job girl!!
  • CourtLHM
    CourtLHM Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering if you have a totally strict diet??
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!!!! Just amazing!
  • MsSquatAlot
    Options
    I was just wondering if you have a totally strict diet??

I would say so, to be completely honest. I have absolutely sucked at logging but I'm going to log right now. Everyday is pretty much the same thing though. No fast-food, soda, coffee, etc.
  • Saboteurteehee
    Saboteurteehee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!