What are you/family making for Christmas dinner?

Options
Christmas Eve we will be having Mexican food.. I am making homemade tamales, green chili chicken enchilada casserole and beans. For the big day though, I am making organic bone in prime rib roast (although organic can't be "prime") Au Jus, gravy, broccoli with cheese sauce, roasted brussels with balsamic, garlic cheesy mashed potatoes, stuffing, sweet potato casserole and homemade garlic chive rolls. For dessert making apple crumble and a "girl scout cookie pazzoki" (short bread dough with coconut and rolos and stick it in the oven. To drink sangria and apple crown royal mixed with apple cider! Cant wait for family, friends, football, food and booze! Clearly not counting calories and not upset one bit... what are you guys having/doing?!

Replies

• lululapagaille
    lululapagaille Posts: 84 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    In France we're having Christmas dinner on the 24th. Tonight it's turkey, gravy, stuffing, chestnuts, veggies. (Main dish) the starter is smoked salmon. Then nice bread and cheese. We're not having the traditional log for dessert, but a chocolate and almond cake. And chocolates ! YUM ! I'm going for small portions of everything (I'm in maintenance).
    Have a great Christmas ! :)

(Tomorrow, I'm making a Thaï prawn curry.)
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    For Christmas, I've been coerced into making cranberry sauce. It went over well at Thanksgiving, so I'll probably be forced to do this every year from now on. My secret: a very healthy dose of scotch (Edradour, in particular).

I also infused cinnamon and cloves into a (subpar) bourbon. It's now tasty, and I plan on using that for eggnog (or hot chocolate, or coffee, whatever they want I guess).

My dad is roasting some chickens. Aside from that, nothing really special. Never made it a big deal.

For Christmas Eve, just normal food (burgers and fries for lunch, and ravioli with homemade sauce for supper).
  • minniestar55
    minniestar55 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Today we're have no leftovers, grilled chicken breast & veg, nothing exciting. For Christmas dinner, having a roast turkey crown (it's the breast of the turkey), Brussels sprouts roasted with onions, garlic & pancetta, carrot & swede mash (no butter), & hubby will have his mashed & roasted spuds), plus a small amount of stuffing. Homemade cranberry sauce. Have a lovely mince pie tart for dessert splurge! Yummmmmm!
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Today we're have no leftovers, grilled chicken breast & veg, nothing exciting. For Christmas dinner, having a roast turkey crown (it's the breast of the turkey), Brussels sprouts roasted with onions, garlic & pancetta, carrot & swede mash (no butter), & hubby will have his mashed & roasted spuds), plus a small amount of stuffing. Homemade cranberry sauce. Have a lovely mince pie tart for dessert splurge! Yummmmmm!

I want the sprouts. Sounds delicious.
  • Vodka97
    Vodka97 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Christmas eve we usually have a huge buffet of terribly unhealthy but amazingly delicious food. We changed it up this year, and decided to be healthy this year and had a nice lamb meal. Tomorrow (christmas dinner), it's salmon and prawns B)
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I have delayed Christmas a I am working, but the menu is ham (for those that like it, I don't and FIL doesn't), turkey, sweet potatoes (only some like them), mashed potatoes, stuffing, homemade cranberry sauce, corn frozen from the summer harvest, and cutout cookies with icing for dessert.
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Spending Christmas with my boyfriend and his family, who are all chefs (yep, both parents and him haha) so christmas dinner is likely to be VERY anti-deficit. But what is Christmas for? Christmas eve dinner is going to be lots of nice nibbles- pate, cheeses, crackers, cured meats, olives etc. Christmas dinner will probably be turkey, stuffing, veggies, sprouts, roast potatoes, yorkshire puddings, pigs in blankets etc etc. Definitely gong to give logging a miss tomorrow, just the idea of it is making my brain hurt!
  • mirrim52
    mirrim52 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I'm working through Christmas, so we are having the in-laws over tonight. Prime rib, mashed potatoes, Yorkshire pudding, carrots, green beans, gravy. Strawberry-rhubarb pie and vanilla ice cream for dessert.
  • JennB629
    JennB629 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have no idea for tonight. But Christmas Day dinner were having hot roast beef sandwiches, baked macaroni & cheese, & green beans!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Christmas eve- cheeseburger, baked potato, salad, cranberry sauce...I'm eating the cheeseburger and salad.
    Christmas day- turkey, gravy, mashed potato, corn, rolls, cake... I'll probably eat some of everything.
  • ekruska802
    ekruska802 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Christmas Eve - latkes with homemade cranberry applesauce (because we forgot to make them during Hanukkah)

Christmas Day - homemade ramen noodles with homemade broth and pulled pork. And either a bottle of Hill Farmstead Birth of Tragedy (aged vanilla porter so magical you just have to sit down) or a red wine. Maybe cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Probably mimosas at breakfast too!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    No clue. I'm probably going out to dinner, then seeing a broadway show (my boyfriend's dad is the concert master and has to work christmas night). Ah, city life.
  • Sandcastles61
    Sandcastles61 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Tonight we are having our family traditional homemade lasagna dinner.... Christmas day will be.crab and shrimp manicotti in a garlic cream sauce, lobster tails and roasted asparagus
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Christmas Eve will be lots of appetizers like smoked salmon, hot spinach artichoke dip, chicken satay, and more.

Christmas dinner is garlic pork loin, black beans and rice, yuca, and tostones.

There are lots of desserts as well: mini yogurt cheesecakes, baklava, tres leches, chocolate macadamia pie, and peanut butter fudge.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Pot Roast
    baked mac & cheese
    candied yams
    collard greens
    dirty rice
    sweet potato pie
    cheddar biscuits

I can't wait :D
  • magtart
    magtart Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Prime rib with Yorkshire Pudding, brussels sprouts made with bacon, garlic, and shallots, mini cheesecakes and champagne for dessert.
  • Nanogg55
    Nanogg55 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Tonight we're going to my favorite all you can eat chinese/hibachi restaurant. It will be a treat since I haven't eaten there since I started MFP last April. Tomorrow it's ham, green bean casserole with extra crunchies, sweet potato puffs, corn pudding, potatoes au gratin and tiramasu. Happy Holidays and Merry Munching everybody!
  • slinke2014
    slinke2014 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    duck breast with black current compote and roasted root veggies and some home made stuffing
  • slinke2014
    slinke2014 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Oh man so many of these sound so good!!!!!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Christmas Eve we're having baked steak, gravy, mashed potatoes, brussels t, and salad. On Christmas, we're having homemade pizza.