Christmas dinners.

Options
124»

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    What's everyone's plan for Christmas dinner? Are you planning to eat in moderation and stay within your calorie goal, or are you using it as a cheat day?
    My problem is my gram. She cooks with a lot of butter. Lmao. A scoop of her mashed potatoes is probably 600 calories alone.
    I'm just now really trimming down. My abs are coming through. Will one day of eating bad stuff ruin this?

No. And it's not bad stuff. It's your gram's cooking, enjoy it and her company while you have her with you.

+1000
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    I had plans of enjoying proper portions of indulgent foods, but I've come down with a hideous migraine. Mine usually last for a few days. I have no idea what my stomach will be up for tomorrow.

I utilized this plan over Thanksgiving, and didn't even log then. We moved house the day after and I didn't have access to the internet. I've been doing a diet break and eating a maintenance, and that's exactly what I managed to do -- maintain my weight. I've lost 2/10 of a pound over the holiday season indulging in holiday treats the whole time.
  • BunnyBomb
    BunnyBomb Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I had plans of enjoying proper portions of indulgent foods, but I've come down with a hideous migraine. Mine usually last for a few days. I have no idea what my stomach will be up for tomorrow.

I utilized this plan over Thanksgiving, and didn't even log then. We moved house the day after and I didn't have access to the internet. I've been doing a diet break and eating a maintenance, and that's exactly what I managed to do -- maintain my weight. I've lost 2/10 of a pound over the holiday season indulging in holiday treats the whole time.
    Oh dear! I hope you feel better soon.

Perhaps stay away from dehydrating liquids (coffee & alcohol) and drink water tomorrow as much as possible. That always helps take the edge off my migraines. I'm sending "feel better" thoughts in you direction for tomorrow.
  • BunnyBomb
    BunnyBomb Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    What's everyone's plan for Christmas dinner? Are you planning to eat in moderation and stay within your calorie goal, or are you using it as a cheat day?
    My problem is my gram. She cooks with a lot of butter. Lmao. A scoop of her mashed potatoes is probably 600 calories alone.
    I'm just now really trimming down. My abs are coming through. Will one day of eating bad stuff ruin this?

No. And it's not bad stuff. It's your gram's cooking, enjoy it and her company while you have her with you.
    That is the loveliest thing in the world to say. I completely agree!!

• peoplegreet1
    peoplegreet1 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon rolls and coffee for breakfast
    Hams, eggs and buttery biscuits
    Dinner summer sausage, cheese and ice cream cake