Does it matter what I eat, fatty or healthy? Will I lose as long as i dont go over my calorie intake

Options
2»

Replies

• NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    tonysan65 wrote: »
    My goal has been to lose weight and at the same time design my food intake to reflect what I enjoy eating. So far I have lost 26 pounds. I am learning, and maybe because of my age, losing weight is not only about calories in vs calories burned. I am extremely focused on my calorie intake, I record after every meal and also I exercise approx 45 min to an hour each day. My program has been set up to lose two pounds a week. That gives me 1200 calories a day. I stay between 1100 to 1300 calories a day and I never use the calories I lose from working out. The frustration is I can go two weeks without losing any weight and than the third week I will lose a pound or a pound and a half. I do believe the type of food we take in must have an effect on our weight also not just calories. If anyone has had similar results I would like to hear about it and if you have figured out what causes this result I would love to hear about it also. Good luck to you all, a healthy body makes a big difference in how you feel.

That weird pattern of loss is perfectly normal and could be down to work outs, sodium intake, or phases of the moon. Who knows. The thing to take comfort in? It's normal.

As for the rest of your post?

I'm sorry, but speaking as a 53 year old woman who's lost 72 pounds, I really have to disagree with you. While the majority of my diet is for the most part comprised of nutritious food, I've not deprived myself of things like fries, cheesecake, ice cream, candy, and cookies.

There's room for both nutrition and ... fun... in a sensible food intake while you're losing weight.

I have to completely agree with this reply on everything the poster has said. The weight loss pattern described is absolutely normal.

Also, I am 44 and have lost 104 pounds and likewise, most of my diet is comprised of sensible, nutritious food, but I make plenty of room for hamburgers, fries, pizza, ice cream and chocolate.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    tonysan65 wrote: »
    My goal has been to lose weight and at the same time design my food intake to reflect what I enjoy eating. So far I have lost 26 pounds. I am learning, and maybe because of my age, losing weight is not only about calories in vs calories burned. I am extremely focused on my calorie intake, I record after every meal and also I exercise approx 45 min to an hour each day. My program has been set up to lose two pounds a week. That gives me 1200 calories a day. I stay between 1100 to 1300 calories a day and I never use the calories I lose from working out. The frustration is I can go two weeks without losing any weight and than the third week I will lose a pound or a pound and a half. I do believe the type of food we take in must have an effect on our weight also not just calories. If anyone has had similar results I would like to hear about it and if you have figured out what causes this result I would love to hear about it also. Good luck to you all, a healthy body makes a big difference in how you feel.

The type of food does have an impact short term but not necessarily long term. For instance, sodium will make your body retain water and hide that you are losing fat. Exercising too hard can do the same.
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    hot1313 wrote: »
    Is it possible to lose the weight even if i eat a burger compared to a salad?

Yes if they are the same amount of calories. But --- they probably aren't.

LOL - but it's the salad that's probably higher in calories if you are talking about many restaurant salads!
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    hot1313 wrote: »
    Is it possible to lose the weight even if i eat a burger compared to a salad?

Yes if they are the same amount of calories. But --- they probably aren't.

LOL - but it's the salad that's probably higher in calories if you are talking about many restaurant salads!

Amen, sister. I was thinking the same
  • ilovemycoffee19
    ilovemycoffee19 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    As long as you are in calorie limit you can't gain weight.

You can eat burgers and drink soda everyday within your calorie limit and lose weight but for me i rather eat fruits and lean protein cause health is more important.