Join me in the sprint to Christmas!

Options
12345679»

Replies

• mtjohnston42
    mtjohnston42 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    It's Christmas eve 9am here now!!! I'm confident I will get through today eating my maintenance calories and get at least 10,000 steps in. I did the same yesterday- ate at maintenance and did 10,000 steps. So close now! I'll be over indulging tomorrow so that makes it easier to eat less today

Killin' it!
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    This week I want to get in
    - 2-3 BJJ/judo sessions at least
    - My final body 20 session
    - Try out the roller blades I borrowed
    - 2 fitness classes
    - 1 weights class
    - At least one ocean swim
    - Maybe get a run in, esp. if it rains (not too hot then)

Body 20 done,
    2 bjj sessions done - no judo this week as I have shoulder issues. Hoping to get another bjj set in today
    1 mini weights set (half the normal time, but better than nothing)
    No fitness class yet, but definitely tomorrow
    Swam, not in the sea but it's something
    Will make time in weekend for roller blades and hopefully a run, maybe early morning beach run
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Did most of what I planned today and went slightly over on calories, but not a bad day overall.

Tomorrow I plan to have a light breakfast and lunch and take a walk in the morning. At 2 we are gong to church and the festivities will be on full force for a couple of days.

Merry Christmas to all of you. Thank you for the encouragement and support.
  • mtjohnston42
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE!!! WE DID IT!!!

Whether you stuck with it 100% or 60% I'm proud of everyone. It's the toughest time of the year to do something like this and you should all be proud of yourselves. At the very least you made the choice to change your life. And even if it didn't work out perfectly this time, I'm confident that motivation will come with you into the new year when you'll really be ready to rock and roll.

I hope to do more challenges like this in January and the new year, please come along for the ride! And I'm def. more than willing to be friends on MFP with anyone and everyone that wants another friend on here for some extra support.

And hey, I'm actually nearing the end of my personal trainer certification and just the other day made a Facebook page. You can join me on there too to talk about whatever you want in health and fitness! https://www.facebook.com/MattJFitness/

I'm so impressed with everyone here, happy holidays!!

dehy2fxkopuq.jpg
  • momallnight
    momallnight Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks dude u rock.
  • Marikanna
    Marikanna Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    This challenge had been great! Helped me stick many days. Are we sprinting to New Year's day?
    Thanks Matt!
  • Flybeetle
    Flybeetle Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Marikanna wrote: »
    This challenge had been great! Helped me stick many days. Are we sprinting to New Year's day?
    Thanks Matt!

Haha, Great idea!

It was so nice to find this group; these days most of my friends don't go beyond the "like" button and I don't find that very motivating at all :(
  • mtjohnston42
    Options
    You guys all crushed it! So proud :smile: I'll be logging and hitting the tracking hard starting next week but I'm thinking about another challenge after New Year's Eve. So keep your eyes on the forums and feel free to add me as a friend so you know when it's going down!
  • Becky_44
    Becky_44 Posts: 227 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Wow! You guys are awesome! Wtg! I hope you all had an amazing Christmas!
    This past week has been really tough for me. I was running on 4 hours a sleep a day, at the store everyday for 10 hours, 6 months since dad passed was Christmas eve, and then some sad stuff going on regarding my son and my grandbaby. It's been rough and I wanted to push through, but it didn't happen. This week my schedule is back to normal so I'm going to get back to eating healthy and back to regular exercise, so I will be ready for the New Year. 2016 is going to be the year I give back to myself!

Add me if you'd like, I've been on this journey for almost 7 years, maintained a healthy weight for 6, then fell apart. So I'm on my way back from that and love mutual support so as to not be on this journey alone.
  • orangequilt
    orangequilt Posts: 4,283 Member
    Options
    well done everyone!
  • mtjohnston42
    Options
    An excellent short new challenge group starts tomorrow!
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Thanks, this was great. I'm definitely keen for more challenges. Gotta hit it hard to make weight for competition in exactly two months!