Does anyone here love toasted sandwiches?

Options
13»

Replies

• aplhabetacheesecake
    Options
    toasted peanutbutter and jam
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Athijade wrote: »
    I have them all the time and they fit within my calories just fine. And I use normal bread, butter, and real cheese. So not sure where the issue is. Sometimes I add meat or vegetables to mine. It's awesome. Usually I have them with some fruit, or cut up vegetables and dip, or chips... just depends on what I feel like.

Then again, I don't believe I need to eat some tiny amount of calories so it's easier to fit in what I want.

Well I don't know about other people, but for me they don't fill me up at all, so that's my issue. I wish I could be full on a 300/400 calories sandwich but that just doesn't happen. Heck even if I make a 600/800 calories one I'm hungry 2 or 3 hours later. It sucks!

can you go 2-3 hours on a 300/400 calorie sandwich?

One hour if I'm lucky...
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I normally just toast mine in the toaster oven. That way, you don't need to use extra butter and you don't squish the bread. My favorite is to spread some allmond butter on gluten free bread and put some banana slices and chopped dates in-between the slices before you toast it. Makes everything get all nice and melty and gooey. Yum!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I normally just toast mine in the toaster oven. That way, you don't need to use extra butter and you don't squish the bread. My favorite is to spread some allmond butter on gluten free bread and put some banana slices and chopped dates in-between the slices before you toast it. Makes everything get all nice and melty and gooey. Yum!
    i Use butter because I aim to get ENOUGH fat.
    I do love grilled cheese sammies. It's a treat for sure. I like mine with tomatoes and green chiles. And sometimes ham, pastrami, whathaveyou.
    We have a sandwich maker/waffle iron so that's always awesome too.
    Lately I've been doing them with a local lower carb tortilla as the vehicle. It works, because I'm experimenting with carb control with menopausal symptoms. And tastes great with the butter as well.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I have them all the time and they fit within my calories just fine. And I use normal bread, butter, and real cheese. So not sure where the issue is. Sometimes I add meat or vegetables to mine. It's awesome. Usually I have them with some fruit, or cut up vegetables and dip, or chips... just depends on what I feel like.

Then again, I don't believe I need to eat some tiny amount of calories so it's easier to fit in what I want.

Well I don't know about other people, but for me they don't fill me up at all, so that's my issue. I wish I could be full on a 300/400 calories sandwich but that just doesn't happen. Heck even if I make a 600/800 calories one I'm hungry 2 or 3 hours later. It sucks!

can you go 2-3 hours on a 300/400 calorie sandwich?

One hour if I'm lucky...

Yeah I only go about 2 hours, I snack a lot in between and generally keep meals below 600-700 unless I have lots of calories to spare. 1 hour is a bummer.
  • Osiris275
    Osiris275 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I love toasties, I just make them fit with the rest of the day if I want one. I like all sorts in them. Cheese and smoked sausage, tuna mayo and cheese, sliced chicken, Brie and cranberry etc. A toastie with two bits of brown bread, 50g cheddar and 50g smoked sausage is around 400 calories, so it can be done healthier. You don't need to add a lot of cheese because it melts and spreads anyway.
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about grilled cheese? I don't eat them anymore
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,248 Member
    Options

But I don't just eat a single sandwich. I have something with it like fruit or vegetables to bulk up the meal without a huge deal of calories. If for some reason I do just eat a sandwich, then I will be hungry in 2-3 hours, but then I just have a snack. I can do this because I make sure to have my calories set at an amount where I lose a decent amount of weight, but it's not some 1200 or something low like that.