Post holiday weight

Options
So wondering if anyone else out their is just enjoying drinking and eating then making sure they work hard next week? I've recently got past my target goal and set another one but getting in the scales this morning they were not my friend and I've got two more days of Christmas celebrations

Replies

• 1961dublin
    1961dublin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Hi Emmie I ate like a little pig yesterday and I didnt log anything. But TODAY I am getting back on the wagon. I will have my usual 1600 calories, and back to fasting on Monday. This is different to other years, as in the past I would have had several days of overeating at Xmas. I am determined not to put on the usual 8lbs this year. If I have put on 1 or 2 lbs that ok!! Congrats on getting to your target goal. You are doing great!!
  • emmie85
    emmie85 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thankyou I'm now a 1lb off my target weight but I'm going to do my weight and measurements on Friday again to see if I've hit it. Did my measurements which has made me feel about better we will see by Friday :\ same here. This year I am determined as I don't want to undo all the hard work.
    Good luck. Sounds like you are doing well too. Thank you for the encoutagement.
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling!! I've worked so hard for months to get to this point and the scales were not nice to me today either. But I know what works... So back on track today!!!
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Uuggg - I'm not going to get on the scales for another week. I got to my target goal, then spent a week in Disney World, and then Christmas week with 3 dinners and still another one to go. The Red Velvet Cake in my fridge is calling my name but I'm trying to ignore it. Back to fasting on Monday (it's going to be painful I know). I must admit I feel a bit miserable in the midsection and as if I'm hungover. I don't like this feeling
  • emmie85
    Options
    Aww glad to see I'm not the only one feeling like this. Definitely Monday new week.
  • JennB629
    JennB629 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I didn't track calories! But I didn't eat like crap either.
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    I haven't tracked much since Thanksgiving. It can be a slippery slope with all the treats, but I figure if my clothes still fit, I'm somewhat in the zone. January is a whole new month.
  • cnbbnc
    cnbbnc Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    This past week was out of control for me, but I'm back on track with food and working out as of today. I ate what I wanted and it was great, but I know the scale will not show me anything I would be pleased seeing right now. I'm just getting back to it and I'll get on the scale in about a week after the water works it's way off.

As long as we pick up where we left off its all good.
  • ilex70
    ilex70 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Ate plenty the Christmas Eve/Christmas Day. Tracked as best I could vs. entering nothing. Counts/amounts should be pretty good, but I honestly don't know if the slice of pecan pie was the size/recipe that is in MFP. :)

Many things just really weren't that wonderful and I missed my afternoon apple.

Felt tired and kind of hung over (not from drinking) this morning, but back on track and happy to be.
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I'm tracking. But eating what I want and not stressing about going over.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    I haven't really done much tracking or logging since thanksgiving. I love this time of year and don't really care if it sets me back.
  • xGracieGirlx
    xGracieGirlx Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I haven't really logged since Thanksgiving, up until today. I've been having what I want, just little bits of it. I've just been the same weight for the past month because of it lol
  • emmie85
    Options
    Aww lots of you haven't tracked. Well I have until Jan for my first wedding dress fitting so after today I'm back to being good. If I carry on eating how I did on Christmas I would put it on quite quickly, I didn't eat that much I'm just used to measuring everything out like most of you.
    Good luck everyone
  • mommarnurse
    mommarnurse Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I tracked -estimated- my food the last two days. I think between the two days I was roughly at maintenance but probably a little above it..and I also have the extra 3 lbs (water weight) but it's all food I wouldn't normally eat. I stress more over missing a workout day or run because I only do it 3 days as it is because of work schedule (12 hour shifts).
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I planned on indulging and not counting anything on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, I enjoyed myself a little TOO much, but it's okay. I got back on track today, and the extra weight will come off in no time.
  • scorpcookie
    scorpcookie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I got on the scale this morning and I've been hovering around maintenance for the last 2 weeks.

Still plenty of dinners and gatherings to go before I can declare the holidays over. For now, I'm satisfied with myself, but after tonight's big dinner, tomorrow is going to be a day of extra exercise and sticking to my deficit goal despite there being a family gathering with a catered lunch.
  • laurabolt500
    laurabolt500 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    This was my first big holiday since joining myfitnesspal, and I totally overindulged on Christmas. :( I got on the scale today and saw I went up an extra three pounds! Is this normal after eating a lot? I have been eating around 1200 calories a day, but on Christmas I ate at least twice that. I guess my question is, are the new three pounds going to stick around? Or is it just because I went a little crazy one day?
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I weighed in on Christmas Day and I won't be stepping on the scales again unto New Years Day.
    I have no more parties or social events to go to now so I normal service resumes today. Got 5 days to limit the damage that the last 2 days may have caused then start the New Year afresh.
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    This was my first big holiday since joining myfitnesspal, and I totally overindulged on Christmas. :( I got on the scale today and saw I went up an extra three pounds! Is this normal after eating a lot? I have been eating around 1200 calories a day, but on Christmas I ate at least twice that. I guess my question is, are the new three pounds going to stick around? Or is it just because I went a little crazy one day?

It's most likely water retention. Just go back to normal and drink plenty of water and it will dissappear.
  • Runagain_4
    Runagain_4 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Seems like the trend is 3 lbs this morning! :blush: The scale was not kind to me either this morning, but the important thing is we're here and we're committed. The calories and the weight are just a blip :smiley: and today is a great day for a fresh start! We've got this people :smile: