MFP is the new plenty of fish?

Options

Replies

• FatCopThinCop
    FatCopThinCop Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Kimegatron wrote: »
    Or men, I'm sure some of you get that also. I'm just pretty sure I put that I'm married on my profile... Is this normal here?

I must not be sexy enough yet to get those messages. I get the ones that yell me to get moving and get that weight off. Shoot, my wife isnt sending me those comments yet either so....i havent had the plusure of sexy talk from anyone.

I agree that if a person is using this arena to pick up on anyone....well they are not with this program. Refer them to (mypace.com) if its even around Anymore. L.O.L.

Later,
    FatCopThinCop
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    If I receive a compliment I don't get my panties in a twist about it, I thank the person and move on, if someone becomes inappropriate I tell them straight up they're being so and it solves the problem. Don't really see the issue.
  • monkeygirl32
    monkeygirl32 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Change your avatar. I don't have my pic on here. People don't need to know who I am as I am just on here for a little weight loss. I will sa I met my boyfriend online but it was on a dating site, not s site like this.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Change your avatar. I don't have my pic on here. People don't need to know who I am as I am just on here for a little weight loss. I will sa I met my boyfriend online but it was on a dating site, not s site like this.

Why on earth should she have to change her avatar to ensure that other people decide to act appropriately?

Some people deserve to be blocked. End of.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Chezzie84 wrote: »
    I get it every now and again but I just delete without a response and forget about it.

This.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Ladies, any of you keep getting friend requests and messages from men saying that you're sexy or adorable? Please tell me I'm not the only one. I use this strictly to get healthier. Am I missing something, is this some dating site too?

I've been here over a year and have never gotten that kind of message. I've never had a profile photo of an actual person or participate in the Chit Chat forum though.
    I do get messages periodically from people wanting to sell me things.
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Okay I went ahead and made my about me public I think. I'm not changing my pic though because I'm very proud of how far I've come, and its the first photo I've put up anywhere of me without a goodie in like 5 years. I don't know what the chit chat forums are, but I wouldn't go there if I did. I just stick to the weight loss forums pretty much. I understand this happens in the real world outside the home, but I don't expect it here, honestly. I only accept friend requests from women to be honest. I guess maybe I'm too old school, but I will expect that people will try to be flirty on here from now on.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    I get notes like that often. I just delete them and ignore it.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Okay I went ahead and made my about me public I think. I'm not changing my pic though because I'm very proud of how far I've come, and its the first photo I've put up anywhere of me without a goodie in like 5 years. I don't know what the chit chat forums are, but I wouldn't go there if I did. I just stick to the weight loss forums pretty much. I understand this happens in the real world outside the home, but I don't expect it here, honestly. I only accept friend requests from women to be honest. I guess maybe I'm too old school, but I will expect that people will try to be flirty on here from now on.

Well, in that case, married women can be sexy and adorable and you have a gorgeous picture show casing just that. I agree with the posts stating to accept the compliment or delete and move on
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Nope. Never. Even with the lovely flower on my head.
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Strange - this has never happened to me.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Ladies, any of you keep getting friend requests and messages from men saying that you're sexy or adorable? Please tell me I'm not the only one. I use this strictly to get healthier. Am I missing something, is this some dating site too?

I get a couple a month, I delete and block job done. Some are fine when I turn them down, others have been able to send me a barrage of abuse in a matter of minutes. I guess because I am active on the forums it opens me up for more, but I refuse to let that stop me. From my friends list, I know a fair number there are also active on the forums, and have also had these unwanted messages and friendship requests.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Maybe I should open up a problem report:

User: oyChihuahua
    Platform: IOS, MAC OS
    Describe problem: Not getting anywhere near the unwanted attention I feel I deserve.

How you doing?
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Nope I don't really have that problem. I get random requests a few times a month but only a message once I think. I just ignored it.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

Describe problem: Not getting anywhere near the unwanted attention I feel I deserve.

Check your inbox :smile:
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

I did....still....nothing. I'm doing it wrong :neutral:

• nutmegoreo
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »

OMG, all these egos to boost. I'm exhausted :tongue:
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options

So you're burning calories?!? Yeah, indirect help toward your goal......hehehehe.....keep going though ;)
  • nutmegoreo
    Options

So you're burning calories?!? Yeah, indirect help toward your goal......hehehehe.....keep going though ;)

Thanks! It's the most work I've done all week. Going back to work will be rough :frowning: