2016 fitness program?

What fitness program are you doing in 2016?

Replies

• Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    PHUL
  • I'm a 47 year old woman. I did my first Spartan race in September, and hope to do 3 in 2016. An outdoor Spartan Training class is my go to work out. It's like boot camp but we meet at a local mountain, hill or urban area with many stairs. My 21 year old son said its the toughest workout he's ever done!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Very likely being incredibly bench focused until the end of May while (fingers crossed) slowly reloading my squats and deads. Depending on how that all goes, if I'm lucky a quick prep up for three lift at provincials and then focusing hopefully on deads to actually finally work on making that lift great.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Half marathon training for me!
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Hiking, hiking, hiking and more hiking. And I start a yoga program on Jan 5th!
  • ataylorgardner
    ataylorgardner Posts: 203 Member
    I am planning on being more weight focused in 2016. Im not giving up cardio just not focusing on it as much as i did in the past
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    All Pro =lifting,
    rowing machine= cardio,
    yoga= flexibility, balance, and posture,
    swimming= all over good for me.

Cheers, h.
  • hotnumber
    hotnumber Posts: 222 Member
    Insanity max 30 and fitness blender videos :)
  • jas16
    jas16 Posts: 15 Member
    I am revisiting P90x. Did it in 2009 and it worked pretty well for me. 3 weeks in right now. I think I will transition to insanity when done. Also trying to mix in some treadmill work for extra cardio.
  • lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    edited December 2015
    A mix of everything and hybrids so I have variety. But ones I might do the entire rotations of are: Cize and Zuzka's Power Cardio
  • Akrion
    Akrion Posts: 115 Member
    T25! I did Insanity in summer 2015 and lost all of my post-baby weight. Now I've gained it all back and am planning to get back to my ideal weight before Spring 2016!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    From late May until my 40th birthday in July I'll be doing this 40 workout strength challenge . The rest of the year, I'll likely run some iteration of 531.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    I'm a 47 year old woman. I did my first Spartan race in September, and hope to do 3 in 2016. An outdoor Spartan Training class is my go to work out. It's like boot camp but we meet at a local mountain, hill or urban area with many stairs. My 21 year old son said its the toughest workout he's ever done!

That's awesome! I'm considering getting one in the new year too. Lots of my friends do tough mudders but the electric shock obstscle turns me off. Lol.

To answer OP's question as far as workouts go I just plan on continuing with my current workouts which are a little bit of everything anyways. Boxing, circuit, weightlifting, and track. I would like to do more hiking.
  • utahmomof10
    utahmomof10 Posts: 133 Member
    I'm starting CrossFit on January 4, will continue with my martial arts classes twice a week, keep running as much as I can with plan for a 10K in June, and will likely do other supplemental weight lifting as well.
  • FITM0M30
    FITM0M30 Posts: 75 Member
    Focus T25! Did it last year and loved it. Can't wait to do it again after healing from a bad car accident
  • dwolfe1985
    dwolfe1985 Posts: 100 Member
    Trying madcow's intermediate heard good things from guys at the gym and starting to stall at linear progression.
  • cmlndammom
    cmlndammom Posts: 3 Member
    Kickboxing 3x a week, training for my 1st half marathon, and yoga 5x a week. It's going to be an intense year!
  • MaryRyll
    MaryRyll Posts: 14 Member
    I'll be starting Jamie Eason's LiveFit 12-week trainer in a couple of weeks once I finish my current program. Very excited :)