Post holiday weight

Options
2»

Replies

• laurabolt500
    laurabolt500 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Chezzie84 wrote: »
    This was my first big holiday since joining myfitnesspal, and I totally overindulged on Christmas. :( I got on the scale today and saw I went up an extra three pounds! Is this normal after eating a lot? I have been eating around 1200 calories a day, but on Christmas I ate at least twice that. I guess my question is, are the new three pounds going to stick around? Or is it just because I went a little crazy one day?

It's most likely water retention. Just go back to normal and drink plenty of water and it will dissappear.

Ah, thank you! This makes me feel better. I had a feeling that's what it was but it was so scary to see that sudden jump!
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    I'm back at it today after a mildly higher Xmas Eve and then a big overage for Xmas, lol. I couldn't do more days over, myself. It makes it that much harder to get back on the horse. My cravings kick in like crazy.

Now my dogs want roasted turkey instead of their food, too, so it's not just me :grin:
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    I'm still doing loads of exercise and have enough calories to treat myself. Lost 1.5 lbs in the past 10 days, but that could easily have been hidden by time-of-month water weight except for lucky timing.
  • emmie85
    emmie85 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    This was my first big holiday since joining myfitnesspal, and I totally overindulged on Christmas. :( I got on the scale today and saw I went up an extra three pounds! Is this normal after eating a lot? I have been eating around 1200 calories a day, but on Christmas I ate at least twice that. I guess my question is, are the new three pounds going to stick around? Or is it just because I went a little crazy one day?

This is the same as me for this year. I've been on mfp for a few years now but this year even more determined. But taken me nearly a year to lose a stone so 3lbs on in a week is a massive step back for me. Have you been doing measurements as well? X
  • emmie85
    Options
    Runagain_4 wrote: »
    Seems like the trend is 3 lbs this morning! :blush: The scale was not kind to me either this morning, but the important thing is we're here and we're committed. The calories and the weight are just a blip :smiley: and today is a great day for a fresh start! We've got this people :smile:

Love this :smiley: definitely
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    emmie85 wrote: »
    So wondering if anyone else out their is just enjoying drinking and eating then making sure they work hard next week? I've recently got past my target goal and set another one but getting in the scales this morning they were not my friend and I've got two more days of Christmas celebrations

No. I enjoyed my food but I'm just going back to my normal level of work.
    I logged as best I could and went over my calories a couple of days. I had my period Christmas week as well. I'm up 1 lb from last week. I don't consider that to be an outgrageous gain so just logging and moving on.
    I don't have a deadline for my reaching my goal weight.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,843 Member
    Options
    I'll worry about it in January.

Right now my weight is up-down-up-down-up-down. I haven't seen it bob like this in a long time! :lol:
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    I start again in earnest tomorrow. Haven't been here much since before November.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    I can't weigh because I'm at my cabin! I'm hoping 4 days of snowshoe and XCountry ski penance will compensate for a multitude of sins...
  • lisan1209
    lisan1209 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Aww glad to see I'm not the only one feeling like this. Definitely Monday new week.
    Aww glad to see I'm not the only one feeling like this. Definitely Monday new week.

• laurabolt500
    laurabolt500 Posts: 9 Member
    Options

This is the same as me for this year. I've been on mfp for a few years now but this year even more determined. But taken me nearly a year to lose a stone so 3lbs on in a week is a massive step back for me. Have you been doing measurements as well? X

I haven't been doing measurements, though I know I probably should be. I'm almost back to where I was now though, I've been drinking water like crazy since Christmas and the extra 3 pounds have mostly disappeared just like everyone said!
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I was actually down 4ish pounds after Christmas week. I ate a bit more than I normally would, and had some goodies, but I really busted my butt working out to counter balance it.
  • toe1226
    toe1226 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I got back on track on the 26th but may indulge for NYE! I will not jump on the scale until January 22- I know by then I'll have lost the gain from the holidays, and I'd rather not discourage or fall into some self dislike by getting on too early
  • Angelszophia
    Angelszophia Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Same here.
  • emmie85
    Options

I haven't been doing measurements, though I know I probably should be. I'm almost back to where I was now though, I've been drinking water like crazy since Christmas and the extra 3 pounds have mostly disappeared just like everyone said!

Well done :) keep going
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    So wondering if anyone else out their is just enjoying drinking and eating then making sure they work hard next week? I've recently got past my target goal and set another one but getting in the scales this morning they were not my friend and I've got two more days of Christmas celebrations

Always. Issue for me has been, I would be at or above my maintenance weight at the start of the holiday then gain from there. Then I would have to work a few months to get back down.

This year I actually dropped down a few pounds before the holidays and did a little better moderating all the food and drinks. So I should be able to wrangle it back in a few weeks or so.

Overall though, I always enjoy the holiday cheer and don't deny myself too much.
  • emmie85
    Options
    Thank you for everyone who has replied. I'm glad I'm in the same boat as a lot of you. I had put more on but this week lost most of it so 0.4 lbs away from my first target again. :)