Ditched 60 lb. in 5 1/2 months!!!

Options

Replies

• keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much. Just to add, I'm a type 1 diabetic, been so since age 12. So I am at higher risk for some things. Latest lab results and tests from the doctor. ZERO and I mean ZERO diabetic complications of any type. Blood pressure is always around 115 / 60, last a1c (shows blood sugar control for last 3 months) was in the non diabetic range at 5.9, fasting blood sugar was 73 and total cholesterol was 123 with a HDL of 59!!! I have so much more energy, sleep better, feel better and I know it will only continue to get better as I ditch these last 40 pounds.
  • cobylea
    cobylea Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much. Just to add, I'm a type 1 diabetic, been so since age 12. So I am at higher risk for some things. Latest lab results and tests from the doctor. ZERO and I mean ZERO diabetic complications of any type. Blood pressure is always around 115 / 60, last a1c (shows blood sugar control for last 3 months) was in the non diabetic range at 5.9, fasting blood sugar was 73 and total cholesterol was 123 with a HDL of 59!!! I have so much more energy, sleep better, feel better and I know it will only continue to get better as I ditch these last 40 pounds.

That's aweosme! You have done an amazxing job!! What did you do for the weight to come off so quickly? Do you have any tips that you can share?
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing job! What have you been doing as far as exercise?
  • anrev42
    anrev42 Posts: 331
    Options
    seeing your transformation made me wanting to attain my goal more and more. Thank you for sharing! Keep it up, you look great!
  • techymum
    techymum Posts: 168
    Options
    Congratulations! And thank you so much for taking a minute to share the pictures with us. You are totally an inspiration to me! I cannot imagine how much better you must feel - and the medical reports are incredible!
  • drl041799
    drl041799 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing and inspiring!!! You look awesome!!!
  • butterfly0475
    butterfly0475 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Your smile is a great indicator on the weight loss! You shine now! Congrats keep up your amazing journey!
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options

That's aweosme! You have done an amazxing job!! What did you do for the weight to come off so quickly? Do you have any tips that you can share?

First time to try to reply with a quote. Hope it works :-) I was honest surprised it came off so quickly. Everyone kept telling me "once you're 40 it's so hard to take off." UGH. I have to say that I don't sway from the program. I stay within my calorie goal and I tend to not eat back my exercise calories, maybe half I will eat back. If I'm not hungry, I don't eat them back. I also started zig zagging calories to help trick my body and keep the metabolism going. I workout hard 5 days of the week and wear a HRM and make sure I burn at least 500 calories in exercise on those 5 days. I also walk 7 days a week. I call this my "sweat equity." Anyone is welcome to add me as a friend. I love to give encouragement. I also make my exercise and food diary public so you can take a peek at what I'm doing.

Cindy
  • totallye
    totallye Posts: 3
    Options
    Congrats..you look wonderful and your success is inspirational.:smile:
  • nicolerah
    nicolerah Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    See now THIS is why I love this site!!! I see so many people who have had and are having fantastic success in changing their lives forever!! OMG.. Congrats to the Op!!
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    You look so happy and years younger. GREAT JOB!!!
  • BrookeEspinosa
    Options
    Wow, all I can say is Wow you look great! And its great how healthy you have become.
  • trujillo68
    trujillo68 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wow. That is awsome!!!!!! Good for you!
  • zainyk
    zainyk Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    incredible! Really, very well done.
  • heathally
    heathally Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You look terrific!! Great job!
  • LikeNoOneElse84
    LikeNoOneElse84 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    That's great! Congratulations on your success so far!
  • reneepugh
    reneepugh Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!! I love your hair cut too! I'm sure you are really proud of yourself. Congratulations!
  • 2BabyMama
    2BabyMama Posts: 65
    Options
    You look so radiant now! Keep up the hard work! :)
  • gladysrutter
    gladysrutter Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    WOW well done!!!! x
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!