Take it from an ex marine, Your bodys the best tool for your

Options
I hear excuses daily on why someone cant get in shape. Well take it from me, I was in the marines, and never lifted a weight while training. Your best weapon against fat burning and muscle building is your own body. Free weights and machines do help, but whats the good of trying to lift weights when you can barely lift your self? Here is a old marine trick that will benifit you very well.

Run/walk at least 30 minutes daily and at least 3x a week.
Crunches are the best tummy tuck in the world. No need for the ab lounger or tv marketable equiptment. It does it for you.
Push ups come in many ways. (wide, narrow, wall, declined, diamond, jumping pushups, one hand)
Pull ups (when a sturdy bar is available)
calf raises for 5 minutes without stopping
wall squats (you know, put your back against a wall, hands out in front of you and squat and sit)
Jumping jacks!! (whoa, did I really just say Jumping jacks? yes jumping jacks. This is probably the best cardio beside jump rope that you can do. How bout start at 10 jumping jacks at three count and work your way up to 100 3 count in a month. Your legs and body will feel the burn!)
Leg lifts ( Lay on that back and lift thoes legs 6 inches)
star screamers (I bet you are like "What in the world is that?" well run in place, drop to the deck and do a push up, come up very quick to your feet and jump as high as you can, spreading your feet and hands to symbolize a star.)

This is very helpfull for those of you that cant find the time to go to the gym. You dont need anything but a ground to stand on. When I went into the corps I was 198 lbs. I maintained a weight of 165. I ran about 3x a week, but I did do these plyometrics. This works. Make you up a workout including these workouts and try it for a couple weeks. Watch your body turn out to look like the few and the proud.

Replies

• healthysew
    healthysew Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • AEROBICVIC
    AEROBICVIC Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Thank you for protecting us and thank you for your tips going back old school! luv it!
  • tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT! Thanks for the tips!!
  • Bridge_CG
    Bridge_CG Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your service and for this post! :)
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    I hear excuses daily on why someone cant get in shape. Well take it from me, I was in the marines, and never lifted a weight while training. Your best weapon against fat burning and muscle building is your own body. Free weights and machines do help, but whats the good of trying to lift weights when you can barely lift your self? Here is a old marine trick that will benifit you very well.

Run/walk at least 30 minutes daily and at least 3x a week.
    Crunches are the best tummy tuck in the world. No need for the ab lounger or tv marketable equiptment. It does it for you.
    Push ups come in many ways. (wide, narrow, wall, declined, diamond, jumping pushups, one hand)
    Pull ups (when a sturdy bar is available)
    calf raises for 5 minutes without stopping
    wall squats (you know, put your back against a wall, hands out in front of you and squat and sit)
    Jumping jacks!! (whoa, did I really just say Jumping jacks? yes jumping jacks. This is probably the best cardio beside jump rope that you can do. How bout start at 10 jumping jacks at three count and work your way up to 100 3 count in a month. Your legs and body will feel the burn!)
    Leg lifts ( Lay on that back and lift thoes legs 6 inches)
    star screamers (I bet you are like "What in the world is that?" well run in place, drop to the deck and do a push up, come up very quick to your feet and jump as high as you can, spreading your feet and hands to symbolize a star.)

This is very helpfull for those of you that cant find the time to go to the gym. You dont need anything but a ground to stand on. When I went into the corps I was 198 lbs. I maintained a weight of 165. I ran about 3x a week, but I did do these plyometrics. This works. Make you up a workout including these workouts and try it for a couple weeks. Watch your body turn out to look like the few and the proud.

Did y'all ever do Front Back Goes? We would drom down and do push ups, the flip over and do leg raises and then jump up and run in place. Sometimes we would do that for what seemed like days. lol
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Great breakdown - and yep - this will whip your but into shape!
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Great breakdown - and yep - this will whip your but into shape!
  • Amanda421
    Amanda421 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    agreed
  • cathyg18
    cathyg18 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. Love it! I will be trying these. Also thanks for your service. HOOAH! :happy:
  • sosborne73
    sosborne73 Posts: 106
    Options
    Wow that is really great advice. My son went to military school and that is exactly what they did also. He was in great shape. Thanks for reminding me. :)
  • pebbles72
    pebbles72 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Great advice, Thanks :happy:
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your service first and foremost. Thank you for the information.
  • KendraElmendorf
    KendraElmendorf Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    bump* thanks :)
  • mejustmichael
    mejustmichael Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Good info.
  • Jeepinmom4
    Jeepinmom4 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Thank you for protecting us and thank you for your tips going back old school! luv it!
    Double agree! I think I'll try some of those "old school" ways of working out!
  • cskalaj
    cskalaj Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • derrickmcgill90
    Options
    yes and boy did thoes feel crappy, Ill tell ya man, people dont realize what a good plyo workout does. I use free weights bc im law enforcement now and have a free gym at work, but I still use pullups and pushus and situps and my own. I was infantry and this is all we did. no need for that gym near the barracks lol. thanks for your service brotha
  • Britt22706
    Britt22706 Posts: 97
    Options
    Great advice, especially to those just starting out thinking that they need a gym or expensive equipment/weights/videos to get fit!

if you really put your heart into doing these and work your booty off, there is no way you wouldn't see changes!!
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the post and your service!
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    bump!!