How often to you weigh?

Options
What the title says. How often to you weigh yourself? I am thinking of starting maintenance soon and I currently weigh every morning, but I'm starting to feel like maybe I need to do it less often due to daily fluctuation.

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    pretty much daily. daily fluctuations don't concern me.
  • Bizzarrini
    Bizzarrini Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Daily, I like seeing the fluctuations. They help me to understand my body. Also it keeps me on track.
  • CalorieCountChocula
    Options
    Daily too. Wifi scale and trendweight.com to track.
  • Pawsforme
    Pawsforme Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    When I was losing I only weighed once every week or two. Now that I'm trying to maintain I've been weighing daily and recording it on my iPhone using the health app. I find the average over time (week/month) interesting, whereas averages really wouldn't have been particularly useful (IMO) while losing.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Every single day, fluctuations and all.
  • ivy6154
    ivy6154 Posts: 32 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Ohhhh not ready for this thread yet!!
  • 4bugsmama
    4bugsmama Posts: 2,875 Member
    Options
    Almost daily, but for sure weekly
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I'll still be weighing everyday when I'm in maintenance. I think it's even more important to keep a close eye on your weight when your maintaining, so you can nip any gains in the bud asap.
  • jnz17
    jnz17 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Daily with fluctuations, but I pay attention to how the weekly averages are changing.
  • SacredCoffee
    SacredCoffee Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I used to go once a week only but lately I do daily, I like to see the daily changes (good or bad) since I tend to retain water really easy. Doing it daily helps me determine if I need to drink extra water for the day, but I still only count Friday's as my "weigh days" where I'll actually update my weight. :smile:
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I'm weekly, with occasional check-ins when I feel like it. I did daily for the first year or so, and I've debated switching back to use Trendweight. However, I don't want to spend the $100+ for a compatible wi-fi scale. So I'd have to be dedicated to filling my weight in on FitBit every day.

I think there are points to be made for both daily and weekly. It just depends on if daily fluctuations will make you anxious or discouraged.
  • chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I used to go once a week only but lately I do daily, I like to see the daily changes (good or bad) since I tend to retain water really easy. Doing it daily helps me determine if I need to drink extra water for the day, but I still only count Friday's as my "weigh days" where I'll actually update my weight. :smile:

This... almost exactly. When I first started I weighed only once a week, then started weighing every day I went to the gym until it was a daily thing. Like others have said I like to see the fluctuations because then I start to understand how certain foods effect my body.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    I've been maintaining for the last 6 months or so and mostly weighed daily - I log it in Fitbit which forwards to trendweight.com so I have an idea of how I'm doing. For the last month or so, it's been 2-3 times a week, though.

~Lyssa
  • desiresdestiny
    desiresdestiny Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Once a week or so
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Daily. Just habit. The scale is there after I shower...
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a month at weight watchers and record the number that they give me.
  • kdhamner
    kdhamner Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I weigh twice daily. Once in the morning and once before bed. I just like to see the fluctuations that I have throughout the day/week. I have lost nearly 100 lbs and do ok with the frequent weighing. I know some get frustrated if they weight too often, but I am ok with it. I have really gotten to know my body that way.
  • neumann16
    neumann16 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Daily and log it too
  • AlphaCajun
    AlphaCajun Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Once a week. No real need to stare at that number every day.
  • 4myhealth77
    4myhealth77 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily so that I can try and understand how certain foods are reacting within my body. If I fluctuate really high the next day knowing I don't eat a lot of salt, then most likely my body didn't like that food and can't handle it. I am doing LCHF.