Body style

Options
2»

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    I am like the one on the upper left but less buttocks and more waist. I have 3 inch smaller waist than the hip. This causes me a cholesterol problem. Like jemmhn said it is hard to find clothes with my shape. The waist fits and then the hips look like ridding *kitten*. This makes me have to find hip hugger at the age of 59. The thing I like is I look taller than the 5"2' that I am.

Really??? Are you sure that's the cause? Could be. I've just not heard of that before. I do know that carrying around excess weight around your middle can cause health problems, but it doesn't look like you have excess weight, just different proportions (as we all do).
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    There's no 'one' body shape that men find attractive. Personally speaking, I find it most attractive when a woman confidently rocks whatever body shape she happens to have. Confidence trumps all... :)
  • starfish235
    starfish235 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    BAZH yes carring weight in you middle/ being Apple shaped is very bad for your health. When I put on any weight at all I am round like a beach ball a. I weigh 106 and have cholesterol problems. Weight in the hips and thighs is much healthier.
  • starfish235
    Options
    Bennett I get people thinking I am extra thin and hating me for it. I have had gym friends be amazed that my look different with my clothes on. I hate people hating me for being extra thin when I am not thin in the way they are thinking. I show no ribs. Yes I am small because I have small bone. Binary you look to be one of those small bones people like I am. I feel your pain.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Ignore the haters. You have many gifts.

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    There's no 'one' body shape that men find attractive. Personally speaking, I find it most attractive when a woman confidently rocks whatever body shape she happens to have. Confidence trumps all... :)

Yes, I definitely agree. I love my body the way it is. And I would feel the same whatever body I have because that would be my body. And there is no logical reason for there to be one ideal body type. Bodies are beautiful, all different types in different ways.
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    Bennett I get people thinking I am extra thin and hating me for it. I have had gym friends be amazed that my look different with my clothes on. I hate people hating me for being extra thin when I am not thin in the way they are thinking. I show no ribs. Yes I am small because I have small bone. Binary you look to be one of those small bones people like I am. I feel your pain.

Yeah, I have a very small bone structure. Small shoulders, rib cage, waist. But, I am curvier in my butt and thighs. My hips/booty is 11 inches bigger than my waist.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Being apple shaped does not cause high cholesterol. Being apple shaped and having cholesterol problems are risk factors that indictate higher chances of heart attack and stroke.
  • Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I have small breasts with huge hips and thighs, so I call myself "raptor shaped." I don't care if other people think I'm attractive because I know Chris Pratt would think I'm a clever girl and that's all that matters.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,583 Member
    Options
    I like friendly, funny, quirky personalities with a good splash of intelligence and calm thrown in.

The wrapping can be a number of things, but if I don't like what's inside, even the most perfect wrapping means nothing.

Yes, middlehaitch nails the right idea again. For me, adult thinking/behavior, intelligence, kindness, continuous positive growth & change.

But if we must talk about the physical: Capable, functional shape. (I'm not criticizing people with true physical challenges, I'm saying I admire people who make what they have work as well as it reasonably can.) Healthy is good, to the extent a person has control over maximizing it.

I apply that to myself as well: I like my thinner self more, because I'm more capable, and healthy, and feel like I've changed in a positive way. I like my body fine, and now that I can feel the muscles moving under my skin (not hidden under fat rolls), I like it very well indeed. (I didn't hate fat me, however.) I don't aspire to have kind of body that isn't (can't be) my body.

I too have relatively narrow hips (no booty), not much waist indent, literally no breasts (bilateral mastectomies from stage III breast cancer 15 years ago, no reconstruction), broad shoulders, Einstein-ian naturally curly blue-gray hair. I'm strong, and am working on getting stronger. If no one else likes me this way, s***w them, their loss - I'm pretty darn good.
  • starfish235
    Options
    I am extra friendly. I am extreme extrovert. It has been hard to quail this in my life. I look at and see them as people with a great heart, kinda like God sees them. Large or small I love people. I want to hug them.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Forty6and2 wrote: »
    I have small breasts with huge hips and thighs, so I call myself "raptor shaped." I don't care if other people think I'm attractive because I know Chris Pratt would think I'm a clever girl and that's all that matters.

Love this! Confidence is the most attractive quality one can have, so you go girl!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    Being apple shaped does not cause high cholesterol. Being apple shaped and having cholesterol problems are risk factors that indictate higher chances of heart attack and stroke.

Thank you for stating that better than I attempted to.
  • Mocking0jay
    Mocking0jay Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I always wonder what the most wanted body shape women or men want. I have the straight long waisted shape. I find it hard to keep a waist line. My hip bone structure is very slight. I always wish I could have actual hips. What shape do you feel is the best?

My shape
  • BinaryPulsar
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I like friendly, funny, quirky personalities with a good splash of intelligence and calm thrown in.

The wrapping can be a number of things, but if I don't like what's inside, even the most perfect wrapping means nothing.

Yes, middlehaitch nails the right idea again. For me, adult thinking/behavior, intelligence, kindness, continuous positive growth & change.

But if we must talk about the physical: Capable, functional shape. (I'm not criticizing people with true physical challenges, I'm saying I admire people who make what they have work as well as it reasonably can.) Healthy is good, to the extent a person has control over maximizing it.

I apply that to myself as well: I like my thinner self more, because I'm more capable, and healthy, and feel like I've changed in a positive way. I like my body fine, and now that I can feel the muscles moving under my skin (not hidden under fat rolls), I like it very well indeed. (I didn't hate fat me, however.) I don't aspire to have kind of body that isn't (can't be) my body.

I too have relatively narrow hips (no booty), not much waist indent, literally no breasts (bilateral mastectomies from stage III breast cancer 15 years ago, no reconstruction), broad shoulders, Einstein-ian naturally curly blue-gray hair. I'm strong, and am working on getting stronger. If no one else likes me this way, s***w them, their loss - I'm pretty darn good.

I love this!! Thanks for sharing. I have the natural silver hair going on too. Started going silver at age 18. In a pixie cut right now.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Good heavens :o We could be the silver haired, straight bodied, wide shouldered pixie triplets!!

Hahaha, h.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,583 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

I love this!! Thanks for sharing. I have the natural silver hair going on too. Started going silver at age 18. In a pixie cut right now.
    Good heavens :o We could be the silver haired, straight bodied, wide shouldered pixie triplets!!

Hahaha, h.

Happy gray-haired pixie conga line, anyone? ;)

• BinaryPulsar
    edited January 2016
    Options
    :smile: Happy New Year! :star:
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    Forty6and2 wrote: »
    But is it because it is the Chris Pratt in Jurrasic park with his Jurrasic Park body shape? Would not be as endearing if it was Chris Pratt of Chris Pratt in Parks and Recreation shape? >:)