2016 wellness challenge

Options
mousemom18
mousemom18 Posts: 172 Member
Hello,

I see a lot of my fitness pals have joined a 2016 wellness challenge but I seem unable to do that. Perhaps because I am Canadian?

Could someone tell me what the challenge is about so my Canadian friends and I can play along?

Looking forward to a successful 2016

Thanks!

Replies

• Erin2_U
    Erin2_U Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Oh - interesting!!! I am have the exact same problem... It is driving me nuts!
  • Erin2_U
    Erin2_U Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I changed my address to Beverly Hills 90210 - working now! Hopefully they fix that glitch.
  • reneelisa1987
    reneelisa1987 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm in the uk and can't join either :-(
  • scottiegirl101
    scottiegirl101 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same , some of my friends have joined it and it won't let me
  • reneelisa1987
    reneelisa1987 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I changed my location from UK to USA and now it works. From what I can gather challenges are only currently available to USA members.
    Hope this helps you all.

• xp0sed
    xp0sed Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Ah, thank you!
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,444 Member
    Options
    Hope they open it up to all mfp's. (Canada here too )

Until then wish all my pals great success in their challenges! :)
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Thanks - I am in Canada and couldn't understand why I couldn't find the challenge, either. Boo.
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,679 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad. I'm from Texas and don't think I know what you're talking about.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    The reason for it being US only is that there is a random chance of prizes, and that means the contest needs to meet the gambling laws of the states and countries where the participants are from. International contests are huge pains in the butt for corporations, since you need lawyers familiar with each country's laws.

All this challenge is entails logging 20 meals in 30 days.
  • ditchme
    ditchme Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    mousemom18 wrote: »
    Hello,

I see a lot of my fitness pals have joined a 2016 wellness challenge but I seem unable to do that. Perhaps because I am Canadian?

Could someone tell me what the challenge is about so my Canadian friends and I can play along?

Looking forward to a successful 2016

Thanks!

I'm in Ontario an I was able to join the wellness challenge.
    Good luck in figuring it out.
  • Miffylou
    Miffylou Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I live in Australia. It let me join but has since disappeared from my news feeds. Not sure what the deal is with that.
  • willisda
    willisda Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    It says in the rules the contest is only open to US citizens. I am Canadian too and could not find the challenge. Someone invited me but I can't open it. Once I changed my setting to I live in the US, it allowed me to view it.
  • slimstrauss
    slimstrauss Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    From the uk have the same problem, yet some of my pals on here have done so, maybe it doesn't like me lol!
  • Flaise
    Flaise Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It's too bad they couldn't just add an 'Opt out of prizes' button so that we could all do the challenge.
  • deniseteas
    deniseteas Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm from Nova Scotia I can't join either. :(
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Weird. I'm Canadian studying in the UK so my profile information still shows Canadian, but my location data would be from the UK. The challenge is only accessible from the app and not on the browser interface.

Eventually I was able to get in and join the challenge by clicking the link on my newsfeed from the Android app.

Also worth noting, I was unable to access the challenge from the iOS app (iPad), although the error message from the browser said that it should work on iOS and Android.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    I cant join it either im in UK
  • duffer79
    duffer79 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK and can join if I use my android tablet but not on the iPhone! I didn't change my location either!
  • Bialetti62
    Bialetti62 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    rankinsect wrote: »
    The reason for it being US only is that there is a random chance of prizes, and that means the contest needs to meet the gambling laws of the states and countries where the participants are from. International contests are huge pains in the butt for corporations, since you need lawyers familiar with each country's laws.

All this challenge is entails logging 20 meals in 30 days.

Hmmm....... Almost smells like a scam to me. Thanks so much for the information. I don't think I'm going to keep searching all over MFP & the internet for this anymore. Cheers!
This discussion has been closed.