Weight gain over the holidays; advice for best diet to stick to in new year for weight loss

Options
Any advice on best diet plan to follow to get Christmas party weight off plus a few extra pounds?

Replies

• Cheryllynnhagen
    Cheryllynnhagen Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Follow your plan and stay within your calories and get extra exercise. The only way to burn extra calories is exercise.
  • GsKiki
    GsKiki Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Weight lost by dieting usually bounces back. Don't worry about few pounds and focus on living a healthy fit life. I would say just follow your plan and if you want to lose weight and stay that way you need lifestyle change, not a diet.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Count calories. Use a food scale. Weigh your solids, measure your liquids. Log them accurately here.

No special diet needed. No fads, or gimmicks. No quick fixes.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Cico. Log EVERYTHING and don't be too aggressive in your weight loss goals. Oh and if you have time, lift heavy.
  • elsinora
    elsinora Posts: 398 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    While I use MFP for tracking and logging, the best thing I've found to keep me on track is to keep a little diary with you where for each weekly date you set yourself your goals and a little bit about how you feel. Sounds like a bit of an effort but I've found by setting weekly goals, tracking religiously, and writing down a little bit every day about your journey really helps. I used to get down or derailed saying "I have to lose X stone by Y date" or "I need to fit in X by Y date" as the journey felt so long and difficult but if you write out a week by week goal and tick off what you've achieved, it's so much more manageable and rewarding week by week. I do this with weight but also when it comes to exercise on endurance or weights. Try it for a month :)
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    elsinora wrote: »
    While I use MFP for tracking and logging, the best thing I've found to keep me on track is to keep a little diary with you where for each weekly date you set yourself your goals and a little bit about how you feel. Sounds like a bit of an effort but I've found by setting weekly goals, tracking religiously, and writing down a little bit every day about your journey really helps. I used to get down or derailed saying "I have to lose X stone by Y date" or "I need to fit in X by Y date" as the journey felt so long and difficult but if you write out a week by week goal and tick off what you've achieved, it's so much more manageable and rewarding week by week. I do this with weight but also when it comes to exercise on endurance or weights. Try it for a month :)

I actually started journaling about my weight loss 3 weeks ago. I write about my feelings, anything that seems to be working or not working in my diet or exercise, and the physical changes happening while I lose weight. I actually really like it and recommend it.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    This is well worth the 15 minutes of your time to watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqhYBTg73fw&feature=youtu.be

We need to really discuss his misinformation regarding healthy at every size and that obese individuals who perform some activity are more healthy than sedentary individuals in the healthy weight range.

• Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    All the above, I also track my losses on the fridge plus I have a note there with MY reasons for loosing the weight to remind myself of how far I have come and why I am doing this.
  • Rzammit71
    Rzammit71 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the positive advice.