Over 40 and ready to change? Let's do this together!

Options

Replies

• shandi_b
    shandi_b Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm in - I need to get back into this year. The last 18 months have been terrible for me - I couldn't get motivated - so New Year - new motivation (now that I've made it past Christmas!)
  • peezer3
    peezer3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am 65 and have been battling to get 25 lbs off for the last 3 years. It is time to get serious about it once and for all. I hope we can motivate each other with little challenges each week and build on those. Suggestions: no late night eating, at least 30 minutes of exercise daily, track food, water etc. Thoughts?
  • jojo_gee1973
    jojo_gee1973 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in! 42 years old, and I have 60 pounds to lose. I know I can do it, I just need to get an occasional push!
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    peezer3 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I am 65 and have been battling to get 25 lbs off for the last 3 years. It is time to get serious about it once and for all. I hope we can motivate each other with little challenges each week and build on those. Suggestions: no late night eating, at least 30 minutes of exercise daily, track food, water etc. Thoughts?

The late night eating is the only questionable one. It doesn't really matter when you eat but personally I have found more success shutting off when I eat at an earlier time and just drinking water after that. The biggest battle is getting serious about it, finding the right calorie goal, and staying under it. 30 minutes of daily exercise is good for you in general to keep you going well past 65.

• jwschutz
    jwschutz Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join in as well, I would like to take off around 40lbs and was thinking 2lbs per week also.
  • julsmarshall
    julsmarshall Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Looking forward to making connections so we can support each other!
  • motive140
    motive140 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    miacaz02 wrote: »
    If your over 40 and sick and tired of being sick and tired of how you feel and the way you look, then lets do this together! I'm 50 pounds over weight and plan on loosing 2 pounds a week. Let's motivate each other, swap diet secrets, and encourage staying on exercise routines. We got this!

• motive140
    motive140 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am in. I just started back on this site and need a little more motivation this time!
  • DdCesar
    DdCesar Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Had a horrific 2015 that sidelined my ability to focus on myself. I am ready to take one day at a time, and want to feel good again. Need motivation...count me in!
  • SnuggiePeaches
    SnuggiePeaches Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 years old and I have about 70lbs to lose to reach my goal. I need all the motivation I can get. I'm definitely in!
  • jolahada
    jolahada Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Count me in please!
  • Kristieackert
    Kristieackert Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Travel a lot for work, work long hours and have gained because of it. I am trying to get control of it now that it's my down-time. I've lost 14 since mid-Nov. and have a considerable amount to go. Good luck everyone.
  • studswife
    studswife Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Im in, I need to loose about 80 lbs.
  • kitchendh
    kitchendh Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm in. . . .I'm 49 and I need to lose more than 50lbs. Need motivation
  • miacaz02
    miacaz02 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a great first day of their new body
  • miacaz02
    miacaz02 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Nursing a hurt knee so I did laps in the pool and stayed away from sugar today!
  • memwa49
    memwa49 Posts: 7 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I need to lose 50lbs. It's been very hard to stay consistent. The result is my weight goes up and down. I am ready!
  • Lees75
    Lees75 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I just turned 40, two weeks ago. I need to lose 50kg (110lb). I am a self-employed single mum to two kids, and find it hard to find time to exercise. Plus, I stress eat a lot!
  • buttonluvr
    buttonluvr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm 45 and would like to lose 35 lbs. ☺️
  • FiddlinRDH
    FiddlinRDH Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I will be 45 in 1 month and need to loose 110 pounds. I am in!!