Whole 30 Challenge

Options
fitissexiest
fitissexiest Posts: 34 Member
I am starting a whole 30 today to kick the new year off right. Is anyone else interested in joining me?

Replies

• Jamisinaof4
    Jamisinaof4 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am! I'm assuming that it's 30 days of whole foods!! Of course I'd have to start tomorrow-as I over indulged after midnight!! Happy New Year! Buon Anno!!
  • melissakarrer
    melissakarrer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Can't figure out how to join a challenge... but I started Whole30 today.
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    what exactly is whole 30?
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    kizzy_muss wrote: »
    what exactly is whole 30?

It is a diet check out www.whole30.com
    This is January, so all the diets gains new members.
  • RestlessinNYC
    RestlessinNYC Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've started my Whole 30 today too! I've been doing some reading online to try and get my head around all the rules - some don't make sense to me, but I'm willing to give anything a go. Best of luck to us all! 2016 is going to be the year I make some changes. :)
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    It's a diet to see what foods you are allergic to. Elimination diet would be another name for it.
  • Becky_44
    Becky_44 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I've started my Whole 30 today too! I've been doing some reading online to try and get my head around all the rules - some don't make sense to me, but I'm willing to give anything a go. Best of luck to us all! 2016 is going to be the year I make some changes. :)

If you read It Starts With Food, it makes all the sense in the world. Very informative book. This elimination diet is very restrictive but I believe in the science behind it 100%.
  • Becky_44
    Becky_44 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    It is an elimination diet. In It Starts With Food, it's explained that the diet is based on four good standards. These being that what we eat will benefit our bodies hormonally, psychologically, immunologically, and digestively. It's an amazing diet, but very restrictive. For me, I have to follow it on going not just for 30 days, it has that big of an impact on me. I also have other food issues, like eating based on Fodmaps, and antiinflammatory. As you can imagine it got very overwhelming and I lost control. My husband and I are trying again this month. He has been dealing with full blown psoriasis this past year, so I think this will help him alot. We will see.
  • daniat
    daniat Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'll join! I'll start on Monday. I did this about a year ago and it made a huge difference in my life. Not only weight loss but it cleared up sinus and inflammatory issues I'd been having for years. Unfortunately, I resorted to bad habits during a stressful time last September and my issues are back. Ready to go back to healthy
  • fitissexiest
    Options
    Added everyone!! Let's do this!
  • melissakarrer
    melissakarrer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Soooo I'm a sugar nut. I have recently realized it is a very real addiction for me. Day 2 and I'm crabby and craving it big time!
  • jadeblack81
    jadeblack81 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yes please....I started yesterday....
  • hesoles911
    hesoles911 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday! I'm in!
  • ConleighS
    ConleighS Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I am starting 1/4. I'm in.
  • fitissexiest
    Options
    I've added everyone!
  • potterpj
    potterpj Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today. Would love to join the group.
  • jessicarae0307
    jessicarae0307 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • weetzie882
    weetzie882 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday too!
  • couji
    couji Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 2! Would like to join as well
  • Laddiegirl
    Laddiegirl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join! I started yesterday (1/4). I really want a nutritional restart after realizing that I HAVE to have a sweet after lunch & dinner and that my eating is super pasta/bread/grains focused. I want to break those things and, full confession, I'd love to get a head start on losing some weight along the way.

I'm finishing up Day 2 and though I miss a few things, it feels good already.