Over 40 and ready to change? Let's do this together!

Options

Replies

• Justdoitkelly
    Justdoitkelly Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am sooooo in! I have about 50 lbs to lose and I really want to stay disciplined and would love a support network!
  • sarahgrable
    sarahgrable Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yes, please!
  • kobolover
    kobolover Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Count me in please - I would love to lose two stone :)
  • tawanab2016
    tawanab2016 Posts: 6 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm in! Need to shred 40 lbs @ 41 years young
  • Drama74
    Drama74 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm in please. I'm 41 and want to lose... lots
  • kellyjoy1014
    kellyjoy1014 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! I weigh 220!! I'm 52 and lost my dad when he was 54 to a heart attack! I don't want to follow in his steps on that path! Our oldest daughter just got married last summer and we have another daughter and a son. I want to be an awesome granny to their children some day!! Let's get healthy!!
  • boze43
    boze43 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im in. Ill be 46 on the 14th. I need to lose about 40 lbs. Time to do this!!
  • taptap25
    taptap25 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Let's do this, Im 42 and have 35 lbs to lose

Name: Steve
    Height: 6'2"

Start Weight: 225lbs
    Goal Weight [1st February] :212lbs

1st January: 225
    8th January:
    15th January:
    22nd January:
    29th January:
    1st February:
  • ummsufyaan2014
    ummsufyaan2014 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Im in! Add me!
  • StacyJCrain
    StacyJCrain Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Add me please.
  • dollbud40
    dollbud40 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hi ! I am 49 and after a rough 2015 with injuries and squamous cell carcinoma on my nose( skin cancer) I am so ready to get back on track! Would love some new friends! Let's rock this! Feel free to add me pals!! Always looking to share in support and friendship! Thanks!
  • soozey1
    soozey1 Posts: 102 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm 43 years old and I have about 70lbs to lose to reach my goal. I need all the motivation I can get. I'm definitely in!
    I am 43 too and have 22 pounds to loose this year, I feel most determined to make this happen.
    i'm definitely in.

Name: Sue
    Height: 5'2"

Start Weight: 70.7kg
    Goal Weight [1st February] :66kg

1st January: 70.7kg
    8th January:
    15th January:
    22nd January:
    29th January:
  • miacaz02
    miacaz02 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Love it!!! You guys are awesome and ALL an inspiration!
  • gonzbarb
    gonzbarb Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 53 and have about 50 lbs to shed. I need a sense of community and friends on line. WE CAN DO IT! <3
  • gino715
    gino715 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    All y'all youngsters, your determined to get in shape. You made a good choice, your here. Stay active, log your food intake and watch the pounds melt away. With a little determination I did it and y'all can to. I say luck is where preparation meets opportunity, so good Luck to all.
  • workitoff140
    workitoff140 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 54, have been trying to lose unsuccessfully for the past few years, in part due to health issues but also just struggling to stay motivated. I'm looking forward to this challenge and drawing inspiration from all you folks.

My goal is to lose 6 lbs a month. At that rate, it should take me about 18 months to reach my goal weight.

Step 1 was to get in the habit of tracking my food, regardless of whether I was eating healthy or not. I've tracked for 20 days now, even when it was painful to see the poor food choices.

Step 2 is to start eating healthier foods and planning my meals, starting this week.

Here's to a successful challenge for all of us and a healthier 2016!
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I'm in :smiley:
    I'm going to lose 40 -45 lbs this year!

Name: Happy
    Height: 5'4"

Start Weight: 165 lbs
    Goal Weight [1st February] : 157 lbs

1st January: 165 lbs
    8th January:
    15th January:
    22nd January:
    29th January:
  • tarasaran
    tarasaran Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi all hope it's going well yesterday I found zero noodles I had not tried them before but they were good at adding bulk to a tomato based sauce without adding Cala managed a meal at 150 Cals which helped counteract the larger meal in the evening they are a bit expensive a pack but will include them and the pasta version from time to time. Have increased my steps but still not achieving 10k as an average will keep working on it - I am feeling positive have stopped booze as well and have been amazed at how much more deep sleep I have been getting at this rate should be a good weigh next Sunday - 30 kg to lose this year.......
  • jotnz
    jotnz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I have logged for the last 545 days (or something like that) and lost 12kg. I got slack in the last 6 months of that though and kept creeping over my daily calorie maximum. I think this was because once I had logged for a year and lost 10kg, it no longer felt so exciting. So today I deleted all my past entries and reset my days logged to zero so I can feel the excitement again - whatever it takes, right?
    I have done the last 18 months without MFP "friends" because I haven't needed external motivation (INTJ personality). However, if you can deal with me doing it my way (not necessarily the "right" way) and you are the type of person who owns your behaviour and decisions, even though I am still internally-motivated, I could be up for "friends" in 2016. How's that for a sales pitch? ;)
  • eldunbaro
    eldunbaro Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm in guys - it's about 70lb for me or 30Kg - a mammoth task - but done it before - but need to stop the yo-yo and make the change for life!

Yesterday I only ate 850 calories and walked for 2 hours - so net of 250 - need to up my intake before I make myself ill - that's the key I think - slow and steady and enough energy to fuel your exercise - or them pesky virus will make you regret it!